Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917530 times)

blau

boroda

• New plugin version correctly parses singe-key hotkeys in textboxes, i.e. you can assign for example 'space' as hotkey and use 'space' as normal character in plugin dialogs

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9ctqn5pgb8nr0ui/mb_TagTools_2014-04-14.zip

You need MB 2.4 latest patch to use new plugin version:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V2_4/MusicBee_Exe_Patched.zip
Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 06:49:24 PM by boroda74

redwing

Thanks for the improvement! It took more than a year since I asked for the fix, but I'm really glad I can now type any characters and copy and paste parts of regex freely.

I think it should suppress MB's hotkeys while the plugin's pane is active. For instance, I have assigned space key for play/pause. If I use the key while editing something on the pane, the selected track starts to play. It doesn't make sense since I can't even see what track is selected. Ctrl-C and V also function as MB's default hotkeys for copy and paste tags. It would be great if this can be fixed.

Pingaware

Hi Boroda, long(ish) time, no bug report from me.

When the plugin is activated in MB, and a second monitor is connected (or disconnected) from the computer while MB is open, MB freezes and has to be manually closed by killing the process in Task Manager. This doesn't happen when the plugin is disabled. Haven't been able to test whether it happens if there isn't an auto-report enabled (my auto-report is always enabled and I don't have much time for bug-tracing currently).

Also, a minor one. If an auto-report is cancelled using the cross which appears in the status bar, you can't then access the auto-report menu as the message "Background auto-report is still running!" pops up.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Haven't been able to test whether it happens if there isn't an auto-report enabled

I don't have auto-anything enabled, and it happens for me, too.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

boroda

When the plugin is activated in MB, and a second monitor is connected (or disconnected) from the computer while MB is open, MB freezes and has to be manually closed by killing the process in Task Manager. This doesn't happen when the plugin is disabled. Haven't been able to test whether it happens if there isn't an auto-report enabled (my auto-report is always enabled and I don't have much time for bug-tracing currently).
I think I need Steven's help to resove this, but I'm not sure if he has enough time/willing to help me fix it ((

Also, a minor one. If an auto-report is cancelled using the cross which appears in the status bar, you can't then access the auto-report menu as the message "Background auto-report is still running!" pops up.
Thanks for this bug report. I'll fix this.

Steven

• Administrator
I think I need Steven's help to resove this, but I'm not sure if he has enough time/willing to help me fix it ((
not now but maybe in a couple of weeks - although it seems bizzare the plugin or musicbee would react this way. Perhaps you could debug what the plugin is doing at the time so it helps identify what MB is doing?
Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 09:48:42 AM by Steven

Pingaware

I think I need Steven's help to resolve this, but I'm not sure if he has enough time/willing to help me fix it ((

That's fine boroda. There's an easy work around at the moment anyway, so take as long as you need. Thanks for looking into it and the other report!

boroda

If an auto-report is cancelled using the cross which appears in the status bar, you can't then access the auto-report menu as the message "Background auto-report is still running!" pops up.
Please try this version:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1ou85ombhcbkllm/mb_TagTools_2014-05-04.zip

Also please let me know if bug is fixed now.

Pingaware

Nope, sorry boroda. Neither bug is fixed.

Pingaware

Getting there! The auto-report not finishing properly is fixed now, so thanks very much for that.  :) Other one is still reproducible though. Something to note, though I don't know if this is due to the bug or not - when the second screen is connected or disconnected, MB does a visible slight resizing where the very edges of the screen below can be seen when MB is full-screened. MB also can't just be killed by ending the task in Task Manager. It ends fine, but you then have to go and kill the process as well and you can't reload MB until you have.

Pingaware

I've got another question/bug report. Where does the number of files used in the status bar come from? My auto-report always says 4333 files, but that's not the number of files that fulfil the conditions (for the record, currently 5085). It's not in anyway a problem, as all the correct files get modified appropriately, it's just slightly strange for the number never to change.

boroda

Its actually showing the number of processed rows in preview table, not the number of files. I've added this statusbar text only to animate the progress. I've changed this to show the percentage for the next update.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
G'day, boroda74  :)

Just wondering if you can improve the "Use skin colors" view.
I believe the API is limited in getting the colors from MB, but I've worked out you get the background from
Code
<element id="InputPanel.Default" bg="x,x,x" />

but the foreground comes from
Code
<element id="Controls.InputControl.Default" fg="x,x,x" />

With some skins, these elements are very similar.

Can the bg and fg come from the same item, like the do in TheatreMode?

It's probably not a big deal, as I don't think most users change their MB skins as often as I do  ;)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together