Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 928521 times)

redwing

Could you add one more function to the Change case preset? It's about handling acronyms like "U.F.O." and "L.A. Woman". Currently it converts them to "U.f.o." and "L.a. Woman". Can you add a rule that any single letter coming before a period gets converted to uppercase? If it's multiple letters before a period like "Ver." or "Mr.", then they should be left as is.

boroda

Thanks for pointing to one important thing I completely ignored when wrote 'Change Case' command.

redwing

Thanks for the quick update! But it doesn't seem to work. I noticed only dll file got updated and no update with the preset file. Is that correct?

Or this update is not about the preset?

boroda

Yes, this is correct. Works for me. Are using 'Change case' command or ASR preset? For 'Change case' command you should tick 'Words splitters' option and add period to word splitters.

redwing

Yes, this is correct. Works for me. Are using 'Change case' command or ASR preset? For 'Change case' command you should tick 'Words splitters' option and add period to word splitters.

Actually I meant the ASR preset. I now see the option added to the command, though.

Can you add it to the preset, not as an option but as part of its function?

boroda

boroda

Haven't tested very well. New version should work for both 'Change case' command and 'Change case' ASR preset:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zdrudwff76a961i/mb_TagTools_2014-03-29-2.zip

redwing

Yes, it's working great! Thanks!

But there's one problem. It now converts "feat." to "Feat." even though I included it in the exception word list. So my guess is the rule overrides the exception words list just like the first and last word capitalization rules. But can you, if possible, change this rule to respect the exception word list since it doesn't have to be applied absolutely unlike the first and last word rules?

boroda

redwing

Add "feat" (without period) to excepted words

That works! The only problem would be when "feat" is used as a noun in title, but those rare cases could be handled as an exception track. Thanks!

Pingaware

I've got space as a hotkey for pause/play. It's not a global hotkey, but regardless, I can't type a space in any of the text boxes in the plugin without disabling my hotkey briefly. Bug?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

boroda

Its a known bug, but can't resolve it without Steven's help.

redwing

I was trying to copy a virtual tag to <Artists: Guest> field using Copy tag command, but it didn't work. It properly shows new values for preview, but does not update anything after clicking on proceed.

boroda

Working fine here. Check options, especially "Copy only if destination tag is empty"