Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917256 times)

boroda

Its possible to create any function for ASR (currently there are only \@null($1) and \@rg2sc($1) functions). Do you need only 'title case' function or all functions of 'change case' command?

redwing

What I need is the following three:

- Title case
- Exception word list
- "Always capitalize first word in tag" option

Then the preset checks (1) if first word is uppercase or not, (2) if all exception words are lowercase or not, and (3) if all words other than exception words are uppercase or not for the specified tags.

Probably this is sufficient for the standard format, but of course others might need other functions and options as well.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Thanks heaps redwing

Made a slight change to the second part:

(\d\d\d\d)(\d\d\d\d)

$1

to

Code
(\d\d\d\d)([1][0-2]|[0]\d)([00]\d)

$1

so it didn't write 00/00/YYYY when dates weren't valid.

I could even try to like yellow more for your help with this  :)

(Nahhh.  That's not gonna happen  :D  )
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

June

Hi, I'm currently using 4ASR - one of them for date created (thanks again for that) and 3 'Copy-tags' to remove unwanted tag fields.
The problem is that Musicbee stops after around 4~10songs -The process seems to be running in task manager, just the window is unresponsive and no report is given. I can manage it fine by enable the plugin only when adding new songs but would you have any idea what might cause this problem?

redwing

Thanks heaps redwing

Made a slight change to the second part:

(\d\d\d\d)(\d\d\d\d)

$1

to

Code
(\d\d\d\d)([1][0-2]|[0]\d)([00]\d)

$1

so it didn't write 00/00/YYYY when dates weren't valid.

I could even try to like yellow more for your help with this  :)

(Nahhh.  That's not gonna happen  :D  )

This one should work better in validating dates.

^((19|20)\d\d)(0[1-9]|1[012])(0[1-9]|[12][0-9]|3[01])$

$4/$3/$1

And there's no point editing second part as it's just capturing first four digits.

(\d\d\d\d)(\d\d\d\d)

$1

I saw some regex that take into account even leap year, but it must be an overkill for this use.

If this works, you should try Citrine for a week to investigate why your hate yellow so much.

Of course, I'm kidding.

Steven

• Administrator
Hi, I'm currently using 4ASR - one of them for date created (thanks again for that) and 3 'Copy-tags' to remove unwanted tag fields.
The problem is that Musicbee stops after around 4~10songs -The process seems to be running in task manager, just the window is unresponsive and no report is given. I can manage it fine by enable the plugin only when adding new songs but would you have any idea what might cause this problem?
I'm not very familar with how the ASR works - in your case is it reacting to when you save a file in the tag editor or if not, can you explain what is triggering the ASR to perform an action?

June

I'm not very familar with how the ASR works - in your case is it reacting to when you save a file in the tag editor or if not, can you explain what is triggering the ASR to perform an action?

Editing tag invokes the presets as far as I know. So it left me blank because MB plays the song till the end for when the error occurs and the next song is kinda stuck at buffering (minilyrics showing the lyrics trembling)

redwing

I would test each preset one by one, and then combining them gradually to narrow down what preset causes the problem. Also pay attention to what specific action with MB, and with what kind of files, leads to the crash.

Steven

• Administrator
Editing tag invokes the presets as far as I know. So it left me blank because MB plays the song till the end for when the error occurs and the next song is kinda stuck at buffering (minilyrics showing the lyrics trembling)
is your library auto-organised and if so, do you think one of the fields that affects file naming might have been changed (by yourself or by the ASR)?

boroda

New plugin version released:
  • New ASR preset 'TOY: Change case'. Don't forget to import presets after upgrading plugin.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nog19x1azdqjy7y/mb_TagTools_2014-03-19.zip

boroda

The similar problem was in past when plugin started to update UI periodically instead of on every track update. I'll try to check this.

redwing

New plugin version released:
  • New ASR preset 'TOY: Change case'. Don't forget to import presets after upgrading plugin.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/nog19x1azdqjy7y/mb_TagTools_2014-03-19.zip

Working excellent! Thanks a lot!

redwing

I did some more research on title case, and hope the following two features could be added. Then it would be nearly perfect.

- Always capitalize last word, too:
I didn't pay much attention to this, but it's the rule most styles require for title case however awkward they might look sometimes.

- User input text that will be respected over any other rules:
This is for handing phrasal verbs that should be always uppercase and some special cases where mixed cases are required. Custom Text 2 box could be used for this with the following format:

Beat Up; Blow Out; Break Down; The Bad Seeds

Of course, the user should manually input "Blew Out" and "Blown Out" too if they are in his collection since the preset can't take care of tenses.

boroda

- Always capitalize last word, too:
I didn't pay much attention to this, but it's the rule most styles require for title case however awkward they might look sometimes.
Its done.

- User input text that will be respected over any other rules:
This is for handing phrasal verbs that should be always uppercase and some special cases where mixed cases are required. Custom Text 2 box could be used for this with the following format:

Beat Up; Blow Out; Break Down; The Bad Seeds
Too difficult to do.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/eno6zpcqaaicf4v/mb_TagTools_2014-03-20.zip