Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 930101 times)

boroda

New plugin version is released:
  • Added beta version of new command 'Auto library reports'. Mostly the same command as 'Library reports', but allows to calculate several presets and save results to (custom) tags at startup and/or after a given number of tag changes. Useful for autosaving such values as 'Summary play counts of albums' or 'Number of tracks for each artist', etc. to (custom) tags.

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Additional_Tagging_and_Reporting_Tools

Pingaware

Hey Boroda. This bug report is related to the new version's Auto-Report command (more relevant details on my second post in that thread). In the status bar at the bottom, MB displays "Generating preview (reading): 4050 / 4098 file(s)". Incidentally, it displays this throughout the whole Auto-Report process. The rules for my Auto-Report are as follows :

<Album> (Grouping)
<Album Complete (V)> (Grouping)
<Playcount> (Sum)

Save only if <Album Complete (V)> is "Yes"
Save field <Playcount> (Sum) to <Album Playcount (Sum)>

<Album Complete (V)> is a virtual tag defined by $If($And($If($Or(<Album Complete?>="Y",<Complete Album>="Yes"),Yes,)="Yes",$If(<Release Type>="Album",Yes,)="Yes"),Yes,).

Shout if you need any other info. Auto-reports also seem to be taking a lot longer than normal reports did.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

boroda

Hi. As far as I understood your problem is solved by Steven.

Auto-reports also seem to be taking a lot longer than normal reports did.
This is maybe because background threads have lower priority in my plugin, not sure though.

hisuwh

Hey I got the following bug report when clicking "New Preset" in Auto-report
the preset list was empty

MusicBee v2.2.5069.34742 (Win6.1), 1 Feb 2014 19:12:

System.OutOfMemoryException: List box contains too many items.
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.NativeAdd(Object item)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.ObjectCollection.AddInternal(Object item)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.ObjectCollection.Add(Object item)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AutoLibraryReportsPlugin.buttonAddPreset_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

boroda

Yes I can reproduce this. Thanks for bug report.

EDIT: This fixed:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y9j9fu6dv4qdozq/mb_TagTools_2014-02-01.zip
Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 11:42:57 AM by boroda74

hisuwh

Thanks for the swift response. It is working now.
Though it is taking an awful long time to complete.
Otherwise great plugin.

I have been trying to think if there is a better way to average rate albums.
The problem with taking an average rating is that an otherwise awesome album is dragged down by one or 2 mediocre songs.

A couple of fillers doesn't make an awesome album bad in my opinion - and they often add to the character of the album, even if you wouldn't listen to them individually. 

For example Fatboy Slims - You've Come a Long Way Baby is probably one of my favourite albums.  I've rated 7 of the 11 songs 5 stars and would say it is a 5 star album but the average drags it down.

I don't know if there is a better way to do this?  Or a way to skew the average based on another factor (mode / number of 5 star tracks / number of positive tracks ).  Any thoughts from the community?

redwing

Have a look at this issue:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10396.msg72675#msg72675

I have "Convert Track ReplayGain to SoundCheck format for m4a" preset auto-applied to "m4a" auto-playlist, and found out that it disables loving and unloving while an m4a file is playing. But no such issue with mp3 files though I have "Convert Track ReplayGain to SoundCheck format for mp3" preset auto-applied to "mp3" auto-playlist as well. Maybe something with the m4a preset code?

redwing

On further tests, it happens with mp3 as well. Such an issue doesn't occur if I do not auto-apply those presets. Could be something about filtering thru playlists.

Pingaware

Having some problems with the plugin Boroda. I thought it might be something that was happening without the plugin, but I disabled it for a week as a test. Didn't experience it once, but re-enabling it today gave me the problem again.

What is essentially happening is that when I hibernate the computer with MB open, then load the computer up again, MB becomes unresponsive and can't be closed without task manager. I haven't managed to isolate the exact reason as to why it doesn't happen every time. I think it's probably something to do with my auto-report though. I have the following auto-report set up, although it's currently disabled as waiting for it to finish slowed down tag editing too much.

<Album> (Grouping)
<Playcount> (Sum)

<Album Complete (V)> is a virtual tag defined by $If($And($If($Or(<Album Complete?>="Y",<Complete Album>="Yes"),Yes,)="Yes",$If(<Release Type>="Album",Yes,)="Yes"),Yes,).

Also, feature request/question - what's the reason behind the summation reports being applied to all files in an auto-report, regardless of the Save only condition? This is one of the reasons that the auto-report takes too long for me to have it permanently applied.

boroda

Having some problems with the plugin Boroda. I thought it might be something that was happening without the plugin, but I disabled it for a week as a test. Didn't experience it once, but re-enabling it today gave me the problem again.

What is essentially happening is that when I hibernate the computer with MB open, then load the computer up again, MB becomes unresponsive and can't be closed without task manager. I haven't managed to isolate the exact reason as to why it doesn't happen every time. I think it's probably something to do with my auto-report though. I have the following auto-report set up, although it's currently disabled as waiting for it to finish slowed down tag editing too much.

<Album> (Grouping)
<Playcount> (Sum)

At the moment I'm very busy at my work. I'll try to test plugin with hibernating (never tried this) when I can.

Also, feature request/question - what's the reason behind the summation reports being applied to all files in an auto-report, regardless of the Save only condition? This is one of the reasons that the auto-report takes too long for me to have it permanently applied.
As I understand you mean that 'Save only...' option does nothing for you? It's strange and this is a bug if it's so. I'll check this later.

Pingaware

As I understand you mean that 'Save only...' option does nothing for you? It's strange and this is a bug if it's so. I'll check this later.

These are the settings for my Auto-Report

[/url]

The calculated field is being saved to every file. When I first read the message I've ringed in red, I thought that it meant that any fields that were calculated would be saved to every file. However, re-reading it, it sounds like it is a bug I'm experiencing, as it's ignoring the 'Save Only...' option. This doesn't happen with the normal library report.

boroda

New plugin version is released
  • Fixed wakening up PC from sleep/hibernation when plugin is enabled.
  • Fixed checking condition in 'Auto library reports' command.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/y95jhv7sh2hv2lo/mb_TagTools_2014-02-20.zip

@Pingaware
Please check that problems you experienced are solved.

@redwing
UI refreshing is rewritten again. Maybe loving tracks issue is also solved now. Please check it.  

Pingaware

• Fixed checking condition in 'Auto library reports' command.
This one's now working fine. Haven't had a chance to test out the other one yet. I'll get back to you in a week after some proper testing. Cheers for the fix boroda!

redwing

Maybe loving tracks issue is also solved now. Please check it.  

No differences.
As I said, it's working fine when a track is not playing, but doesn't work while a track is playing for all m4a files and some mp3 files. 

redwing

I did some more tests, and it looks like the bug occurs only when SoundCheck presets are auto-applied (happens even when filtering through a playlist is not enabled). I have two track gain presets auto-applied.