Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917470 times)

redwing

The problem was indeed the permission issue with the two files in C:\Windows\Temp folder. After giving all user level a full permission for the two text files, the issue was resolved.

This version will write error logs to 'AppData' rather than 'C:\Windows\Temp'

Yes, this is working great. Now I deleted the two files in C:\Windows\Temp folder, and it's working fine. Thanks!

redwing

BTW I also noticed Now Playing to Text File plugin writes its output files and error logs in the same Windows folder. You might want to consider changing that too.

boroda

BTW I also noticed Now Playing to Text File plugin writes its output files and error logs in the same Windows folder. You might want to consider changing that too.
I did right now: Now Playing, Social Networks Status and Tag Tools plugins are updated.

redwing

Just tested with ASR plugin & Now Playing plugin. Now they write error logs in both folders. Deleted files in Windows\Temp folder but they keep regenerating them. Is this expected behavior?

boroda

redwing

Re-downloaded, but still the same.

Take your time. There's no hurry for this.

boroda

May be I uploaded wrong versions of plugins. I'll reupload them again.

martez89

I'm having trouble changing the case to Title Case with exceptions.

First it won't make the words "Of" and "A" lower case. And the list of exceptions doesn't seem to be saved after closing the window.

I've only experienced this the last few weeks. I've updated the plugin and I reinstalled MusicBee (including latest patch).

Thank you!

boroda

First it won't make the words "Of" and "A" lower case.
Excluded words are not changed, not become lowercased! You should lowercase tags with 'exclude words' unticked, then 'sentence case' tags with 'exclude words' ticked (click 'Reapply rule to new tag' button instead of Preview/Proceed to make 2nd step without saving tags).

And the list of exceptions doesn't seem to be saved after closing the window. I've only experienced this the last few weeks. I've updated the plugin and I reinstalled MusicBee (including latest patch).
Nothing was changed for saving exceptions for ages. All settings are saved only after you click 'Proceed' button.

redwing

- For me this works: first, <Sentence case> with "exclude words" unticked, then <Title Case> with "exclude words" ticked
- My template for "exclude words": a an and as at but by for from in into nor of off on onto or out over the to up with
- Also use Always capitalize first or last word option when you need it
- Here's previous discussion about the tool: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8518.0

@boroda74:
Upon clicking on "Clear", it sometimes deletes a template for "exclude words" when it has focus. If it's not intended, how about disabling that behavior?
Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 12:50:38 PM by redwing

martez89

@boroda74:

I thought I used this plugin previously with my settings and that a bug caused a problem. But probably I changed the settings once, and I couldn't fix it because I misunderstood how Change Case worked. Your advice helped, thanks!

@redwing:

Thank you for your comment!

boroda

@boroda74:
Upon clicking on "Clear", it sometimes deletes a template for "exclude words" when it has focus. If it's not intended, how about disabling that behavior?
Very strange behavior. I'll try to fix it.

boroda

New plugin version released:
  • Polish localization is updated.
  • Fixed that upon clicking on "Clear" in 'Change case' command window, it sometimes deleted a template for "exclude words" when it had focus.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z1pecsqm79r68is/mb_TagTools_2013-11-03.zip
Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 02:24:10 PM by boroda74

redwing

Thanks for the update!

Now they write error logs in both folders. Deleted files in Windows\Temp folder but they keep regenerating them.

Just to let you know, this bug is not fixed for ASR plugin. The thing is that it updates the two text files for both paths when MB starts, but when I launch ASR plugin it updates the files in \Windows\Temp folder only. Probably that's why it keeps doing that.

Also Now Playing plugin's default folder for output files is still set to \Windows\Temp folder. It's configurable, but it would be nice if it defaults to AppData folder especially for a portable version.

boroda

Just to let you know, this bug is not fixed for ASR plugin. The thing is that it updates the two text files for both paths when MB starts, but when I launch ASR plugin it updates the files in \Windows\Temp folder only. Probably that's why it keeps doing that.
I missed several places in the code. That's fixed now. Thank you.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5k1c0uk65pceg2f/mb_TagTools_2013-11-03.zip

Also Now Playing plugin's default folder for output files is still set to \Windows\Temp folder. It's configurable, but it would be nice if it defaults to AppData folder especially for a portable version.
I'll change defaults.
Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 03:45:28 PM by boroda74