Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917332 times)

boroda

Thanks again for this awesome plugin  and sorry if this is OT.
No, its not offtopic.

I can't check this right now, but try "Advanced Search & Replace" command, "Copy all artists from 'Displayed Artist' tag to 'Artist' tag" preset. First select 1 test track, then the click "Preview", "Proceed".

Arathon

Awesome, that was the right option :D Thank you very much!!!

Now i have another two request  :) :
1 - First i want to organize all the remix songs I have by adding in the artist tag the author of the remix too like this:
             Bonobo -  Pick Up (Fourtet Remix)
      So i want to add "Fourtet" to the artist tag with "Bonobo". The structure of all my remix songs are the same:
      %songtitle (%artist_who_has_done _the_remix Remix). I know that i can achieve this with regular expression but I have no clue how,
       so I'm hoping you are so kind to help me :D.

2.    After i finished organizing my "artist" tag i noticed that the sort artist tag was also messed, can i copy the first ones to the seconds? i tried using the Copy tag funtion but it seems it doesn't like multiple artist because it doesn't split them even thought the "Sort artist" tag accept multiple entries.

This is all, Thanks again for this plugin. In my opinion this should be included by default because it gives so much potential and power to the already awesome musicbee.

boroda

Now i have another two request  :) :
1 - First i want to organize all the remix songs I have by adding in the artist tag the author of the remix too like this:
             Bonobo -  Pick Up (Fourtet Remix)
      So i want to add "Fourtet" to the artist tag with "Bonobo". The structure of all my remix songs are the same:
      %songtitle (%artist_who_has_done _the_remix Remix). I know that i can achieve this with regular expression but I have no clue how,
Create new ASR preset, name it correctly. Search title tag for
Code
(.*)\((.*)\s*Remix)\)
in title and replace artist tag by
Code
\null($2)$2
in step 1. Tick (+) checkbox to add (not to replace) new artist. Leave other steps blank. I didn't test these instructions, so try them first on 1 test track.

2.    After i finished organizing my "artist" tag i noticed that the sort artist tag was also messed, can i copy the first ones to the seconds? i tried using the Copy tag funtion but it seems it doesn't like multiple artist because it doesn't split them even thought the "Sort artist" tag accept multiple entries.
What is 'song artist' tag? Album artist? Or 'artist' is album artist and 'song artist' is artist?

This is all, Thanks again for this plugin. In my opinion this should be included by default because it gives so much potential and power to the already awesome musicbee.
Thanks for kind words :)

Arathon

Now i have another two request  :) :
             Bonobo -  Pick Up (Fourtet Remix)
Create new ASR preset, name it correctly. Search title tag for
Code
(.*)\((.*)\s*Remix)\)
in title and replace artist tag by
Code
\null($2)$2
in step 1. Tick (+) checkbox to add (not to replace) new artist. Leave other steps blank. I didn't test these instructions, so try them first on 1 test track.

Thanks i  tried setting the preset but every time i do a preview it crashes closing musicbee, here the error given every time:

MusicBee v2.2.5039.18316 (Win6.2), 1 nov 2013 2:29:

System.ArgumentException: parsing "(.*)\((.*)\s*Remix)\)" - Too many )'s.
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.ScanRegex()
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.Parse(String re, RegexOptions op)
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex..ctor(String pattern, RegexOptions options, TimeSpan matchTimeout, Boolean useCache)
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Matches(String input, String pattern, RegexOptions options)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin.Replace(String value, String searchedPattern, String replacedPattern, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean& match)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin.SetReplacedTag(String currentFile, Plugin tagToolsPluginParam, Int32 searchedTagId, Int32 replacedTagId, String searchedPattern, String replacedPattern, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean append, String& searchedTagValue, String& replacedTagValue, String& originalReplacedTagValue)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin.GetReplacedTags(String currentFile, Plugin tagToolsPluginParam, Preset presetParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin.previewChanges()
   at MusicBeePlugin.ToolsPluginTemplate.serializedOperation()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

What is 'song artist' tag? Album artist? Or 'artist' is album artist and 'song artist' is artist?
I thought that i could put multiple Artist in the "Artist Sort" tag but it doesn't work as i want.

boroda

Thanks i  tried setting the preset but every time i do a preview it crashes closing musicbee, here the error given every time:
Yea, my fault. There are even more mistakes. This time I've tested my advice :) Search for:
Code
(.*)\((.*)\s*Remix\)
and replace by
Code
\@null($2)$2

redwing

All of sudden, I found this plugin was disabled and when trying to enable it I'm getting this error.

The thing is if I launch MB with "run as administrator" then the plugin can be enabled. But it had worked fine with normal running. Reinstalled the plugin, gave full permission to all user options for the dll file, but it has no effect. All other plugins are working fine except this one. MB runs as portable version and the path is E:\MB\Plugins. Any thought?

redwing

Thanks!
When I click on Enable, It says "Access to the path 'C:\Windows\Temp\TagTools.TagNamesErrorLog.txt' is denied."

Arathon

Thanks!
When I click on Enable, It says "Access to the path 'C:\Windows\Temp\TagTools.TagNamesErrorLog.txt' is denied."

Did you restore your system with Windows restore point option? Cause it happened to me and i had to uninstall every folder created by musicbee (especially the appdata one) then re install. This resolved the issue.

redwing

Did you restore your system with Windows restore point option?

No, I didn't. In fact I have that option disabled. BTW was your previous setup a portable or a normal installation?

Arathon

No, I didn't. In fact I have that option disabled. BTW was your previous setup a portable or a normal installation?

It was a normal installation over windows 8.1 and I've done a reset after the update; and everything was working quite well until i had to use windows restore option and from there i had your same issue and also another one related to administrator permission. I tried the portable option, moving the program folder on another location with no success, so i decided to wipe everything related to the program backing up the preference file. At this point i redownloaded the software and choose this time to use it as portable. Now everything is working, but when i try o edit a lot of files it will start to blink and i have to wait (30s to 1 min) before i could use it again (it's quite slow in portable mode).

redwing

Thanks for the info, but still I'm not sure what triggers this kind of problem. Regarding the blinking, that happens while this plugin is working with tags. boroda74 made a great effort to shorten the time, but still you have to wait for some time until it's done.

redwing

I'm still getting the same error whenever launching MB. What are the files for, and should they be stored in that folder instead of Appdata folder for portable version?

boroda

'C:\Windows\Temp\TagTools.TagNamesErrorLog.txt' and  'C:\Windows\Temp\TagTools.TagIdsErrorLog.txt' files are debug logs. Does folder  'C:\Windows\Temp\' exist on your machine? Also check if this folder is writable by your user.

On the other hand I could turn off writing these logs if they cause more problem than solve.