Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 932332 times)

boroda

New beta version of plugin released

• Added option to resize artworks in "Library Reports" command.
  • Memory consumption by artworks is significantly reduced in "Library Reports" command.
  • Tag names are refreshed upon opening any command window (MusicBee restart is not required anymore if you changed some tag names).
Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 05:12:43 AM by boroda74

redwing

• Added option to resize artworks in "Library Reports" command.
  • Memory consumption by artworks is significantly reduced in "Library Reports" command.
Resized artwork doesn't show up both in preview and in the report.
Unlike the previous version, it creates a report for all tracks in the node, not just selected files.

• Tag names are refreshed upon opening any command window (MusicBee restart is not required anymore if you changed some tag names).
Working well, thanks!

boroda

Resized artwork doesn't show up both in preview and in the report.
Working fine here. I'll do more careful testing.

Unlike the previous version, it creates a report for all tracks in the node, not just selected files.
"Library reports" always listed all tracks included in current (maybe filtered) view, not selected tracks. Use autoplaylist if you need to filter tracks.

redwing

Now artwork is working fine, thanks!
Would be great if the user can change the order of columns with preview.

BTW got this error with "Calculate subgroupings total" option ticked.

9/9/2013 03:41:23 PM - 6.0.6002.131072 - 2.2.4999.29982 - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.previewTrackList()
   at MusicBeePlugin.ToolsPluginTemplate.serializedOperation()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

boroda

Now artwork is working fine, thanks!
Would be great if the user can change the order of columns with preview.

BTW got this error with "Calculate subgroupings total" option ticked.

9/9/2013 03:41:23 PM - 6.0.6002.131072 - 2.2.4999.29982 - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.previewTrackList()
   at MusicBeePlugin.ToolsPluginTemplate.serializedOperation()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
Seems I write very buggy code for recent time. Thank you.

redwing

Good! No longer with the error. Then, is it now working fine as long as the total size of resized artwork is under 2G?

boroda

Yes. Total size of unique uncompressed binary images (duplicates are automatically removed) should be < 2GB.

boroda

New beta version of plugin released

• New "export as HTML document grouped by album" (similar to "Album and tracks" view in MB) option is added to "Library Reports" command (beta version of plugin).
  • Several bugfixes in beta version.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm having a problem with the Copy Tags command where it keeps switching the first tag to <Null> after I set the second tag.

For instance, I was trying to copy Track# into Title, and when I put title in for the second tag, the first one switched.  Also happened when I tried to copy Artist into Comment.  I could still re-enter the first tag and continue, it's just an minor annoyance.

(I updated the plugin today, but I'm not sure if I'm on the latest version or the one right before it.)
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Done, thanks!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Stampie

I got the error below when trying to export a report containing Artwork, Album, Album Artist, Year, Genre.

MusicBee v2.1.4924.34601 (Win6.2), 30 Sep 2013 13:47:

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.exportTrackList()
   at MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.buttonOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The preview worked fine and the report contains 447 albums.

I was exporting to a local drive on my PC with plenty of free space.

Regards
Nick