Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 930062 times)

boroda

Plugin description and download links have been moved to Plugin Wiki page.
Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:04:37 PM by boroda74

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Nice work, thanks!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
G'day boroda74

just noticed that "Remove all '(...)' or '[...]' from '<Tag 1>' isn't working as shown in the example in the plugin dialogue

Command removes all '(...)' or '[...]' from '<Tag 1>' (e.g. 'RV 548: 1. [Allegro]' becomes 'RV 548: 1. Allegro').

it's removing the brackets and everything between them, so for the included example:
'RV 548: 1. [Allegro]' becomes 'RV 548: 1.'

which is a bit of a bummer, as how it's shown in the plugin is how I needed it to work today  :(
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

boroda

just noticed that "Remove all '(...)' or '[...]' from '<Tag 1>' isn't working as shown in the example in the plugin dialogue
I think its an error in description, but I'll make both variants in future. Right now copy 'Remove all '(...)' or '[...]' from '<Tag 1>' preset and edit it:

search for
Code
[\(\[\]\)]
and replace with empty string.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
thank you boroda74
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

GoodWill41

Hi boroda74!

Using version 4.8.4919 of the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools and version 2.1.4924 of MusicBee.

Yesterday I encountered a strange issue using the copy tag function as follows:

1.) Marked some mp3 files to be changed (copy title to empty album tag)
2.) Setup under copy tag: Copy from Title to Album Tag
3.) After Setup I clicked on the "Preview" button. Everything was fine. I usually don't use the preview function but yesterday I did because of a fresh clean installation of the 2.1 version (I was updating from 2.0 version) of MB and reinstallation of the 4.8.4919 version of your tagging tool.
4.) As everything was fine I clicked on the "Apply" button.
5.) Next thing I expected was that the album tag of all marked mp3 files were filled with the copied title tag but that wasn't the case obviously, i. e. I couldn't see anything being filled in in the album tag on my screen.
6.) So I marked one of those mp3 files, opened the tag editor and voilĂ  the copied value was there in the album tag.
7.) Next I clicked on "Save" and - what a surprise - the album tag appeared on my screen (being visible now).
8.) Then I repeated steps 1 to 4 except using the preview function. I directly clicked on the "Apply" button.
9.) And now the album tag was filled and I could see it on my screen without using the tag editor detour.

boroda

Hello GoodWill41. I can't reproduce this behavior (at least with MB .4932).

boroda

New version of plugin released:
  • Minor improvements of ASR command.
  • 2 new ASR presets are added.
  • Multiple bugfixes in ASR presets.

See plugin Wiki page for download link.

GoodWill41

Hello boroda74!

And even that is strange because I tested it today and I also can't reproduce it.

And it wouldn't have been a big deal if you could reproduce it because it was an exception (using the preview first) as I wrote in my earlier post.

The empty album tag was the result of a faulty setup of a recording software for internet radio streams. I've corrected that yesterday, so it won't happen again and that leading to not using the copy tag function.

So, I'm sorry for the false alarm I've created.

Pat

@Boroda74
Hi, 'redwing' pointed me to this reporting tool plugin and suggested mentioning my question/request from the general question list in here. Could you have a look?

Topic: Export artwork and description of album and tracks as document
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=10538.msg63184#msg63184

The reason I am looking for this kind of report is that it was (and believe still is) available in iTunes. Under File there is an option "Print..." Then you can select "Print Album Listings". This produces a report with artwork on the left and next to it on the right: album name, artist, song titles and length. I used to take a printout of this report with me when visiting the public library. Especially with classical music, it was a way of checking whether I already had a performance a particular work (concerto, ...) when browsing the CD's in the library. Or making annotations on the report to look for new versions of the same works.

boroda

The reason I am looking for this kind of report is that it was (and believe still is) available in iTunes. Under File there is an option "Print..."
Hi, I cant promise you fancy report, but I'll do your requests later (now I'm working on another plugin and don't enough time for this).

redwing

When a new virtual field is added, the field is not readily available from the list of both "copy tag" and ASR presets. MB has to be restarted. Would be great if it gets updated real time.

boroda

Do you mean that if you rename virtual field then new name in not displayed immediately?