Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917687 times)

boroda

But i dont see "Lyrics" being used already as a header - what does Lyrics/ -5 mean?
Here is the code from my getFileTag() plugin function:
Code
                case LyricsId: //LyricsId is -5
                    tag = mbApiInterface.Library_GetLyrics(sourceFileUrl, LyricsType.NotSpecified);
                    break;

case SynchronisedLyricsId: //SynchronisedLyricsId is -6
                    tag = mbApiInterface.Library_GetLyrics(sourceFileUrl, LyricsType.Synchronised);
                    break;

case UnsynchronisedLyricsId: //UnsynchronisedLyricsIdis -7
                    tag = mbApiInterface.Library_GetLyrics(sourceFileUrl, LyricsType.UnSynchronised);
                    break;
I dont remember why I didnt use MetaDataType.Lyrics (114) id for unspecified lyrics type. You can see similar workarounds for Artist/Artist (displayed) and Composer/Composer (displayed) tags.

Steven

• Administrator
as mentioned MB is already validating for duplicate header labels. As a guess it seems to me you might be adding "Lyrics" yourself which is conflicting with "Lyrics" from BHive's custom tag - but "Lyrics" is not a duplicate in MB itself so will pass the validation

boroda

Bhive succeeded to rename Custom1 tag to "Lyrics" (suggest he was using MB 2.0 at that time). That was the problem: predefined tag with displayed name "Lyrics" and custom tag with the same displayed name. Now problem is solved, I just wondered that MB allowed to enter duplicated filed displayed names.

P.S. To get displayed name for my LyricsId (-5) pseudo tag I'm using code: mbApiInterface.Setting_GetFieldName(MetaDataType.Lyrics);
Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 09:07:37 PM by boroda74

boroda

as mentioned MB is already validating for duplicate header labels. As a guess it seems to me you might be adding "Lyrics" yourself which is conflicting with "Lyrics" from BHive's custom tag - but "Lyrics" is not a duplicate in MB itself so will pass the validation
Actually "Lyrics" tag is not included in "Preferences--> Layout (1) --> Configure Fields" window and MB allows to rename any displayed field name to "Lyrics". Steven, could you disable "Lyrics" displayed filed name? I'm using lyrics as usual tag in plugin, so its very not desirable to allow existence of another "Lyrics" field.

Steven

• Administrator
i'm not sure i am comfortable putting that restriction in when its not a restriction needed by MB itself - certainly not for the 2.1 version.
I'll revisit this at a later date when i have more time to think about the impact

VX

Taking into consideration that this is one of the most popular and useful plugins for MB that definitely expands its functionality so that it's much better for tagging than any other music player or manager is, IMHO the issue should be handled somehow before the 2.1 stable release.

The easiest way I could think would be to add an information window to MB that would pop up when "Preferences--> Layout (1) --> Configure Fields" is launched. I think 2 or 3 sentences with a description or warning (even if available in English only) would be enough to prevent such bugs and make users more convenient with the plugin and MB itself.

A more fundamental change could be applied if needed for the 2.2 version or newer.
I can't imagine this could be done better with the plugin update as it's a MB 'fault'.

We should take advantage of discovering the bug before the stable release.

Steven, boroda - what do you think  ???

Bhive

If I may add my 2 cents on this, I'm with Steven.

Much careful consideration should be given to possible consequences.

Restrictions to data on one section/part of a software to "brick wall" for other unrelated something, that might not even be installed on users' machines, is not a good design.

Sorry, I know it was not a call for open discussion.

quick_wango

• Software Engineer

VX

Thanks, Bhive for expressing your opinion.  :) Be sure that this forum has always been opened for the discussions  :)
I know we all have best wishes for MB. Not only I appreciate your opinion but also I share it  :)

IMHO, adding a few words of explanation when "Preferences--> Layout (1) --> Configure Fields" is launched wouldn't restrict/break anything I can think of. But it would still make users more aware of the consequences of the changes they could make. Those who don't use the plugin or have no need for this particular feature could simply ignore the info.

As you can see implementing this solution would help to prevent/fix the issue for those who use the plugin without any negative impact on MB usability and features.

boroda

I can't imagine this could be done better with the plugin update as it's a MB 'fault'.
Steven, boroda - what do you think  ???
You have given me an excellent idea: instead of requesting Steven for modification of MB, just to use in plugin 'Lyrics (any)' (localized) instead of 'Lyrics' (localized) if some tag is already named 'Lyrics' (localized).

EDIT: Its done.
Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 10:57:23 AM by boroda74

boroda

quick_wango

• Software Engineer
Version Control, easy collaboration, easier source code distribution.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
@ boroda74

just a tiny error

'Noting done.'  =  'Nothing done.'
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

boroda

@ boroda74

just a tiny error

'Noting done.'  =  'Nothing done.'

Thank you :) Its fixed now.
Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 02:35:02 PM by boroda74