Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917350 times)

WimYogya

Recently my Windows OS crashed, had to do a full reinstall of my pc and its programs, including MB.
Most things work fine again, but I wished I could find my 'own' (edited) ASR presets back and simply re-import or copy them.
I did backup my 'old windows' before re-installation.
In what folder or under what name should I look for my old presets?
Thanks,
Wim
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

VX

In what folder or under what name should I look for my old presets?

If you have Windows 7 go to: C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\ASR Presets

WimYogya

I find a long list of unrecognizable codes there. How can I find out which ones are those that I created/edited myself???
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

VX

I find a long list of unrecognizable codes there. How can I find out which ones are those that I created/edited myself???
Just copy whole folder to the new location on reinstalled system and then use 'Import all' button in the Advanced Search and Replace plugin window.

If you have some useful presets, share them with boroda who can release them with a new version of the plugin.
Next time you'll need to download a new version of the plugin in this case.

Bhive

Hi,
I installed the recent plugin (from  2013-05-16) and when I start musicbee I get the following 2 errors:
"Some tag names are duplicated.  Plugin is not properly initialized"
and
"Some track property names are duplicated. Plugin is not properly initialized"

I looked in musicbee at all the tags, and I don't see anything that is "duplicate".
Can you explain what this mean, and how to look for the problem?

Thanks.

boroda

Hello. First try to upgrade MB to latest version. Then report back if problem is gone.

Bhive

Of course MB is the latest:

From download page
Version:   2.0 Final
Date:   10 October 2012

From MB about:
V 2.1.4873

This error message started as soon as I installed the plugin, a few days ago. I never knew of the plugin before.

boroda

No, latest version is 2.1.4915. Plugin is fully compatible with final MB 2.0 or latest MB 2.1.

Bhive

OK, DL'ed and installed this latest you provided, but the error is still the same.

I think I should add that the files handled by MB are all FLAC, many with manually added tags, but only few of these are defined in MB.

Usually I work with Foobar2000 to handle tags and everything else. MB is used as catalog for organizing and finding things.

I still organize it all, so many HDD relocating may occur, as well as changes to tag values.
Each time I load MB, I perform re-scan of the relevant folders to sync the latest changes on the albums.

Does this help in anyway?

boroda

What MB localization are you using? Default English?

edit: try this debug version of plugin. Copy to 'MusicBee\Plugins' and overwrite existing file.
Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 03:48:41 PM by boroda74

Bhive

Yes, I use only English.

I put the dll in the plugin folder, and had to "unblock" it. (Nice touch, it hinted me at the reason it was disabled, in MB preferences.)

Then, I pressed (in preferences) on "Enable" and it gave the following error:
"Can't add 5 /format"

After that, I closed MB to see if anything changed.
Opening it I go the initial tag duplicated message and after I pressed "OK", I got this new one:
"Can't add 5 /format"