Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 932362 times)

boroda

Having "track gain mp3 conversion preset" auto-applied, even copying and pasting a single MP3 file sometimes freezes MB without leaving any error log. I remember I had the same freezing issues when I tried to convert RG values to SC values with that preset. So maybe it's not about auto-applying but about the preset. When you have time, have a close look at those mp3 conversion presets.
Does this happen only with mp3 preset? Not with m4a?

redwing

It seems so. I didn't have any problem converting thousands of m4a tracks at once with that preset. But with mp3 preset, I had to use for a small group of tracks repeatedly, having freezing issues occasionally.

boroda

This version works fine for me. I don't remember if I changed something comparing to last 'official' version.

redwing

I don't know how you are testing. But this version is worse at least for me, hangs at almost every twenty mp3 files.

boroda

Just have tried with 590 tracks. No problem here.
Actually I don't understand how auto-applied presets could hang up UI, because they are executed in background thread, not in UI thread.

redwing

I didn't try auto-apply. I tried converting RG to SC values, and it hanged a lot. After closing and relaunching MB, re-running for the hanged track individually worked most time.

boroda

Well, manual application works fine for me too.

I'll leave it as is for now.

redwing

You're right. It wasn't the presets but my settings file.

Later I noticed even editing a tag of some mp3 files sometimes crashed MB. So I launched MB with no settings file, and the problem was gone. Then I set both mp3 and m4a presets auto-applied and ran them, and it worked flawlessly for thousands of files without any hanging. So it seems my settings file was somehow corrupt. Hope this helps to other users who have encountered a similar problem.

Thanks for your help!

boroda

redwing

I am testing with my old settings file to figure out what could be a interfering setting.
So with my old settings file, those hanging issues occur only if (1) the mp3 preset is auto-applied and (2) the problem file is in Music library. In other words, if the file is in inbox or in an unorganized folder, there's no hanging when saving after editing any tag.
What setting(s) do you think could cause this?  

Edit: It just occurred to me that #2 could mean it belongs to the filtering playlist by being in Music library. Then the only condition is auto-applying through a playlist.

Edit2: I found one more condition: it has to be main panel with Music library node selected. When I edit tags and save the file in a playlist, there's no crash.
Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:52:57 PM by redwing

boroda

There is a little chance that manually applying some ASR preset when another preset is ticked for auto-applying could cause UI freezing. I cant reproduce this, but from what other people says it may be possible.

boroda

Edit2: I found one more condition: it has to be main panel with Music library node selected. When I edit tags and save the file in a playlist, there's no crash.
This seems to be some MB bug.

redwing

There is a little chance that manually applying some ASR preset when another preset is ticked for auto-applying could cause UI freezing. I cant reproduce this, but from what other people says it may be possible.

This seems to be some MB bug.

What I am saying is that this error occurs only with my old settings file. With no (or a new) settings file, everything works fine even with multiple presets auto-applied. Either library node or playlist doesn't matter either. This means there must be some setting(s) that interferes with proper working of playlist-filtering auto-applied presets.

redwing

Got this error when trying to run "reencode tag" command:

5/15/2013 4:35:34 PM - 6.0.6002.131072 - 2.1.4882.33419 - System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewColumnCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
   at MusicBeePlugin.ReencodeTagPlugin.initializeForm()
   at MusicBeePlugin.ReencodeTagPlugin..ctor(Plugin tagToolsPluginParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.reencodeTagEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at #=qqmD$0WtGEch25w4RfuQXVx8hsKlJs9MqU8CBmx0_YQvnlNTjs8ENnEX3_min9w_z.#=qKMqG1pPovQ5BGw9RR2uPNg==(Object #=qSZnlIXdCrAkndwtGEGIorw==, EventArgs #=qiE0FKERQLtrpTj7X0VhtJw==)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)