Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917195 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I just started using it and the first task (copying info from Performer to Musician Credit List) went beautifully.  Thanks!

Now I'm starting on more complicated stuff, and may be back to ask for help if I can't figure it out...

In the meantime, I've discovered that while typing in this plug-in, hotkey combinations are transmitted to MB as though I weren't typing in any field.  I don't know if you can fix this, or if Steven would need to.

---

If anyone else would find it useful, I've come up with a formula for converting musician credits from "role; Musician" to "Musician (role)".
Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:40:43 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

boroda

Sorry if this has been asked and answered:
Does this plugin (and, in fact, others) respect the Save tags to the music file setting, under Tags(1)?
i.e., if I disable that option and use this plugin to make changes to tags: Will those changes be applied just to MB's data-base?
I didn't test it well, but plugin should respect these settings

In the meantime, I've discovered that while typing in this plug-in, hotkey combinations are transmitted to MB as though I weren't typing in any field.  I don't know if you can fix this, or if Steven would need to.
I tried to make a hack to workaround such keys, but didn't succeed. So I need Steven's help to intercept some common keys such as space or enter assigned as hotkeys.
Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:48:03 PM by boroda74

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I tried to make a hack to workaround such keys, but didn't succeed. So I need Steven's help to intercept some common keys such as space or enter assigned as hotkeys.

That's okay, I just took out that hotkey.  Didn't use it much anyway.  :)

Since then, I've made a bit of a mess and I'm not sure how to fix it.  I was trying to copy the Writer tag (from Musicbrainz) into the Composer tag.  

First, somehow I ran the copy without meaning to - I was just trying to check/uncheck specific files.  

Second (or maybe this should be first), the reason I was fiddling with which files to apply it to was because it wasn't handling the "append to" command well, even though I had "smart copy" option selected.  If I told it to append with ; as a separator, it wanted to put ; even in tags that should be blank.  If I told it not to use a separator, then when there was a value in both Writer and Composer it mushed them together.

And somehow the tags where Writer had multiple values got copied as a single value.  As soon as I go into the file and open the Composer split screen, it sorts them out correctly without my doing anything.  But until I do that, I have values showing up in Library Explorer like "Andy SelwayJules Hodgson; Sascha Konietzko; Lucia Cifarelli; Andy Selway".  Which somehow fail to make the associated tracks appear in the main window, even though they show up in Library Explorer...

Can you offer any advice in sorting this out?  I hope it can be solved without editing every single file by hand...
Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 04:18:42 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

boroda

If I told it to append with ; as a separator, it wanted to put ; even in tags that should be blank.  If I told it not to use a separator, then when there was a value in both Writer and Composer it mushed them together.
I have an advice, but think its too late. You should copy Writer to Composer without placing ';' and only for tracks with empty Composer. Then copy Writer to Composer placing ';' only for tracks with not empty Composer.

And somehow the tags where Writer had multiple values got copied as a single value.  As soon as I go into the file and open the Composer split screen, it sorts them out correctly without my doing anything.  But until I do that, I have values showing up in Library Explorer like "Andy SelwayJules Hodgson; Sascha Konietzko; Lucia Cifarelli; Andy Selway".  Which somehow fail to make the associated tracks appear in the main window, even though they show up in Library Explorer...
Try the following: select all tracks with single-value-composer. Use 'Swap tags' command with Composer selected as both source and destination tags. Tick 'Smart swap'. Click proceed. This should convert ;-separated value to multiple values for Composer.

boroda

It would be great if null can be selected for tags with ASR presets:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=9182.0 (custom fields were used instead)
I'll add 'null' tag to ASR.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Try the following: select all tracks with single-value-composer. Use 'Swap tags' command with Composer selected as both source and destination tags. Tick 'Smart swap'. Click proceed. This should convert ;-separated value to multiple values for Composer.

Awesome, thanks!  I'll give that a try.

Update: Actually, I think all it needed was a force rescan.  I feel silly.  :)
Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 12:47:43 AM by scampbll
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

redwing

Thanks a lot for implementing null field! :) I'll edit how to instructions later.

Edit: It's done.
Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 09:31:34 PM by redwing

redwing

1. How about going one step further by adding <clipboard> tag to Copy Tags command pane so that the user even don't have to save tags to text file?

2. It would be great if ASR presets support <text file> or suggested <clipboard> tags.

3. Is it possible to enter or insert <tab character> in "Custom Text" box with Split ASR presets?

boroda

1. How about going one step further by adding <clipboard> tag to Copy Tags command pane so that the user even don't have to save tags to text file?
I think its possible, I need to investigate this.

2. It would be great if ASR presets support <text file> or suggested <clipboard> tags.
Don't want to do this. Too difficult.

3. Is it possible to enter or insert <tab character> in "Custom Text" box with Split ASR presets?
Not sure, try '\t' escape char.

redwing

Not sure, try '\t' escape char.

That doesn't work. I found a workaround: copy and paste the invisible tab char from notepad. But can't find a way to directly enter it with MB either.

boroda

@redwing
1. I've added <Clipboard> pseudo tag to 'Copy tag' command.
2. I'll make \t to work as tab char.

redwing

@redwing
1. I've added <Clipboard> pseudo tag to 'Copy tag' command.
2. I'll make \t to work as tab char.

Wonderful! I just tried and it worked flawlessly, with the error message shown when the number of lines are different. Excellent work!
Let me know when tab is done. I'll write 2nd part of the how-to instructions with this new feature.

boroda

Let me know when tab is done. I'll write 2nd part of the how-to instructions with this new feature.
Its done. See download link in the 1st post.

redwing

Its done. See download link in the 1st post.

Great! It's working perfect!

redwing

When using Merge or Split ASR presets with more than two delimiters, if source tag is the same as one of target tags it's not working properly. I suspect it has something to do with its multiple step process. Can you fix it somehow or do users have to avoid such use?