Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917620 times)

WimYogya

Yes, works for me too.,
Thanks!
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

beeing good

I have a strange problem with this plugin. It took me a while to figure out what it was but it is definitely this plugin that causes it.

I have just installed it.
I right click>edit on a file called "Italian Concerto in F major, BWV 971 - 2. Andante".
Add "test" to the comment tag, save.
I look at the file now and all the numbers have disappeared from the title so it appears something like "Italian Concerto in F major, BWV - . Andante"

I had this problem a few months ago and reinstalled MB and built up all my preferences from scratch in case there was something wrong and everything was ok but I just wanted to use this plugin again for something and realised that it was doing this weird thing again. I don't know if it is conflicting with something but this only happens when the plugin is enabled. As it happened a few months ago I don't think it is related to the version of MB (I used the lasted version patch posted here).

I'm using the following rule for auto organisation, in case that is related:

$Sort(<Album Artist>)\<Year (yyyy)> - <Album>\<Disc-Track#>. <Title>

Obviously this doesn't seem to be happening to anyone else so I don't expect that much can be done about it but I thought I would report it anyway, just in case anyone else if suffering the same problem without knowing what is causing it.

redwing

@beeing good:

Does it happen only with FLAC files? What happens when you edit tags of other types of files?

ajfudge

Hi there. I've only been using MusicBee for a week (in love with it already) so I'm still overwhelmed by its many functions. So if anyone could teach me how to execute this thing I want to do (I am using v2.1):
Scan tags and interpret the symbols "," (comma)" "/" (slash) or ";" (semicolon) as separator and automatically split the values (like in multiple artist or composer). I have a large music collection so I'm hoping I wouldn't have to do this manually.

(I'm also hoping that I'm posting at the right forum)
Thanks!

boroda

@ajfudge
Hi. 1st of all select all files you need and open standard (not Advanced) Search & Replace command and untick 'Use regular expressions' option. Select 'Artist' or 'Composer tag'. Then search for '; '  (semicolon and space) and replace with ';' (semicolon). Then search for ', ' (comma and space) and replace with ';' (semicolon). Search for ',' (comma) and replace with ';'. Search for '/' and replace with ';'.  

Now you should have only ';' as separator of multiple artists/composers.

Open 'Swap tags' command. Select the same source and destination tag (eg 'Artist'). Be sure that 'Smart swap' is ticked. Swap tags. This should convert ';'-separated list of artists to multiple artists.

ajfudge

Hi boroda74,

I can't seem to find the Swap Tags command  ???
Where do I find it?
Thanks.

beeing good

@beeing good:

Does it happen only with FLAC files? What happens when you edit tags of other types of files?

I have only tried with mp3s but I can try with FLAC next time I have some.

redwing

@beeing good:

I have only tried with mp3s but I can try with FLAC next time I have some.

For some reason I thought it could be a cuesheet related problem with FLAC files. My mistake then.

boroda

Where do I find it?
Seems that you don't have 'Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools' installed. Download this plugin from the 1st post on this topic and install it. See 'Tools->Tagging Tools->Swap Tags' menu item.

WimYogya

@beeing good:
Been doing lots of manipulations in my first month in MB, including the ASR presets.
Many of them classical movements similar to your example.
Never came across a problem like yours.
WimYogya

ajfudge

Where do I find it?
Seems that you don't have 'Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools' installed. Download this plugin from the 1st post on this topic and install it. See 'Tools->Tagging Tools->Swap Tags' menu item.
I misread the instructions on page 1. I actually thought that v2.1 already has this plugin integrated in MusicBee.  :P
Anyway, installed and tried per your instruction, and I noticed that some, if not all (I did not check every track), tracks have artists already split after performing Search and Replace. That's nice.  :D

Anyway, here's another question: in some tracks, the name of the featured artist is on the title, now how do I copy the name of the artist to the artist tag field? Thanks again.

boroda

Anyway, here's another question: in some tracks, the name of the featured artist is on the title, now how do I copy the name of the artist to the artist tag field?
Give some real example.

ajfudge

example:
The file has the following tags:
Title:     Song 1 (ft. Band Zero)
Artist:   Singer

I know how to add "Band Zero" to Artist manually, but in the cases of tagging many tracks, how do I search every Title that has "(ft. )" and then add the name/s after the word "ft." to Artist?
Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:56:17 PM by ajfudge

WimYogya

@ajfudge:
This will require a lot of manipulating - it will only be worth it in my opinion if you have a few hundreds of these.
With the ASR plugins you will have to take several steps, but before that you should filter all titles mentioning 'contributing artists' and standardize the label for it.
It can be ft. ft feat. feat. featuring & with vs vs.  etc...
After you have found all tracks with all these variables, use general search and replace (not the ASR plugin) to replace the variables step by step by a uniform unique character (example: #).
Then use the ASR plugins to split the title tag in two separate tags, using the # as a splitter. The contributing artist could be stored in an empty field such as TEMP (you can create that yourself.
Then use the copy tag plugin to add the newly isolated contributing artist to the end of the original one, separated by ;  (see the bottom S&R features for that)

Quite some work - but possible...
WimYogya

ajfudge

This will require a lot of manipulating - it will only be worth it in my opinion if you have a few hundreds of these.
With the ASR plugins you will have to take several steps, but before that you should filter all titles mentioning 'contributing artists' and standardize the label for it.
It can be ft. ft feat. feat. featuring & with vs vs.  etc...
I actually have more than a couple hundred of those files.
I understand that this kind of process won't be as quick as a one-click after boroda74 taught me to formalize my separator under the same symbol which is ";" (semicolon).  so I took the initiative to Search and Replace "feat.", "featuring", etc. so they'd all be the same "ft."

After you have found all tracks with all these variables, use general search and replace (not the ASR plugin) to replace the variables step by step by a uniform unique character (example: #).
Then use the ASR plugins to split the title tag in two separate tags, using the # as a splitter. The contributing artist could be stored in an empty field such as TEMP (you can create that yourself.
Then use the copy tag plugin to add the newly isolated contributing artist to the end of the original one, separated by ;  (see the bottom S&R features for that)

Quite some work - but possible...
You got me confuse here. The format I use for tracks with a featured artist is this:
Title (ft. Featured Artist)

Note that the featured artist is enclosed in parenthesis with the word "ft." to offset it.
I want to copy the names of the featured artist in the artist tag, but I also want to retain the name  of the featured artist in the title, if it's possible.
I hope I explained clearly.
Thanks.