Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917276 times)

boroda

Don't understand your last remark. No one has to create dictionaries, to my opinion. As long as they can select a (customizable labeled) language and per language enter the words that they wish to exclude. For instance: as a Dutchman I wished I could set up 'casing' rules for my Dutch songs which sometimes are different from (or non-existent in) other languages. Same goes for classical music in German or Italian. But maybe there are programming limits in providing this, don't know.
Ahhh... Seems I understood you. Do you mean implementing savable/customizable presets in 'Change case' command like in 'Library Reports' command? Yes, its possible, its not very hard to make.
Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 09:58:05 AM by boroda74

WimYogya

@Boroda
Don't know what you mean with the Library Reports command, I never used it and can't quickly see what it does and how it works.
But yes, I mean customizable/savable presets i 'change case'.
You may have much better ideas about configuration/layout of the preset I have in mind, but I think of adding new customizable options like this:
(with [  ] I mean to display a checkbox, but if I put an x in it, the graphic display in this forum makes it a black square...)

When changing case I want to apply the following language set(s):
[  ] [English, fixed?]      exclude the following words: [ a the if as but etc]    
[  ] [French, fixed?]                                                      [ le la les il l' etc]
[  ] [German, fixed?]                                                    [ der die das des ein du etc]
[  ] [Spanish, variable?]                                               [ el les los las un uno etc]
[  ] [Italian, variable]                                                   [il un uno una l' e i etc]
[  ] [Dutch, variable]]                                                   [de het een 'n 'm m'n z'n 't etc]
[  ] ALL OF THE ABOVE    

What you think?

PS:
About the S&R: Steven already implemented the 'remember location and search field' feature and released a new working patch.
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

boroda

Not exactly what you asked for but something like it is already implemented:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you change the list of excluded words & click 'Proceed', then previous list of excluded words will be automatically saved.

WimYogya

Well, this seems it is VERY MUCH what I had in mind.
I just had missed the dropdown arrow and not seen yet that I can create multiple rows with words-to-exclude.
If I understand it well:
1. I can create as many of those 'rows' as I wish?
2. I can give each language a separate list of excluded words?
3. I could (for example) copy all the words from my English list + my Dutch list + my Italian list to the top list which should include ALL words-to-exclude?

And could you please explain the use of the button 'reapply rules to new tag'?
When and why and how to use it?

Thanks for your great assistance!
WimYogya

boroda

1. I can create as many of those 'rows' as I wish?
No, as far as I remember up to 10 rows can be saved.

2. I can give each language a separate list of excluded words?
Yes.

3. I could (for example) copy all the words from my English list + my Dutch list + my Italian list to the top list which should include ALL words-to-exclude?
Yes, but you have to manually create all-words-to-exclude list.

And could you please explain the use of the button 'reapply rules to new tag'?
When and why and how to use it?
You can change casing rules & click 'Reapply rules to new tag' button to apply modified rules to already changed values without saving new values to tags, i.e this button allows you to make multiple steps without saving changes to tags.

WimYogya

It's all clear.
Will experiment more.
Thanks!
WimYogya

boroda

Notice that excluded words remain unchanged, not become lowercased! That's why multiple steps ('Reapply rules' button) may be useful.
Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 07:37:18 AM by boroda74

redwing

What is "Import New" button supposed to do? "Import All" button imports 69 presets, but "Import New" imports no preset.

boroda

'Import new' button doesn't import deleted 'official' presets. 'Import all' imports/reimports all 'official' presets.

...but "Import New" imports no preset.
Its because you have all presets up to date.
Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:08:38 AM by boroda74

redwing

Its because you have all presets up to date.

I see. I thought it would open a selection dialog of available official presets to choose what to import.

WimYogya

Notice that excluded words remain unchanged, not become lowercased! That's why multiple steps ('Reapply rules' button) may be useful.

Makes sense, but I might have overlooked it. Thanks for the reminder!
WimYogya

WimYogya

@Boroda
Did you recently change the font color in the ASR old/new value boxes?
If so, it is not an improvement, on the contrary:
Most values now are 'white' or 'invisible' on a white background - can only be seen if a row is selected - in my case: white letters on red background.
WimYogya

phred

• Global Moderator
Most values now are 'white' or 'invisible' on a white background - can only be seen if a row is selected - in my case: white letters on red background.
Same here.  White on white unless the row is selected.  Just recently updated to the 2013-02-18 version.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

@WinYogya
@phred
Try this version.
Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 01:19:07 PM by boroda74

phred

• Global Moderator
Works for me.
Thank you, Sir.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here