Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917362 times)

jamburglar

I keep getting this error (just downloaded the latest beta):

Some tag names are duplicated. Plugin is not properly initialized.

EDIT: When I open ASR, I receive this Error:
MusicBee v2.1.4770.37287 (Win6.1), 13 Feb 2013 17:21:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.ChangeCasePlugin.IsItemContainedInList(String item, String[] list)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.fillList(IList list, Boolean addReadOnlyTags, Boolean addArtwork)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin.fillParameterTagList(Int32 parameterTagType, ComboBox parameterTagListParam, Label parameterTagLabelParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin.presetList_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.CheckedListBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Any help would be much appreciated.
Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 10:23:31 PM by jamburglar

boroda

Is there a way (in an existing preset or a planned new one) to remove one or more characters from the beginning or the end of a field?
Create new ASR preset. Fill step 1. Search for (without quotes) "^.(.*).$" and replace with "$1". Leave steps 2-5 blank. This will remove 1st and last character in tag.
Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:05:13 PM by boroda74

boroda

I keep getting this error (just downloaded the latest beta):

Some tag names are duplicated. Plugin is not properly initialized.

Try to upgrade MB to latest version.

WimYogya

Is there a way (in an existing preset or a planned new one) to remove one or more characters from the beginning or the end of a field?
Create new ASR preset. Fill step 1. Search for (without quotes) "^.(.*).$" and replace with "$1". Leave steps 2-5 blank. This will remove 1st and last character in tag.

I am afraid I still have questions about your suggestion:
1. How can the preset you describe remove the first AND the last character in a tag? I didn't even mean to propose that.
2. At times I need to remove the LAST (or the last 2 or 3 or 5) characters. What is the formula for that?
3. At times I need to remove the FIRST (or the first 2 or 3 or 5) characters. What is the formula for that?
Thanks for additional information!
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

boroda

2. At times I need to remove the LAST (or the last 2 or 3 or 5) characters. What is the formula for that?
for 2 last chars search for "^(.*)..$" and replace with "$1"
for 3 last chars search for "^(.*)...$" and replace with "$1"
for 5 last chars search for "^(.*).....$" and replace with "$1"

3. At times I need to remove the FIRST (or the first 2 or 3 or 5) characters. What is the formula for that?
for 2 first chars search for "^..(.*)$" and replace with "$1"
for 3 first chars search for "^...(.*)$" and replace with "$1"
for 5 first chars search for "^.....(.*)$" and replace with "$1"

WimYogya

Great, thanks for fast support. Created one for 'last character' and for 'first'. They work fine.

Do you consider to create such preset in the future, to include in your set?
A combined one, where you can select variables as  first, last, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5?
Greetz

PS:
One small display issue that you might be able to find solution for:
You use marroon as the font color for 'new value'. But (specially if I only want to change ONE file) I cannot read the new value.
Because my default color in Windows for highlighting a selected word/line is RED...
So there is no contrast between your font and my background.
Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 08:32:30 PM by WimYogya
WimYogya

boroda

A combined one, where you can select variables as  first, last, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5?
It's not possible with current (beta) version of plugin. Maybe I'll extend ASR functionality in future to add support for such variables.

WimYogya

Don't worry, I can live with it.
If it was just a matter of changing a color code, nice, but don't need to make major changes for this.
You already busy enough, I think...
WimYogya

boroda

@redwing
Could you test speed of ASR with new version of plugin?

redwing

@redwing
Could you test speed of ASR with new version of plugin?

Filtering with playlists feature doesn't work at all with the new version. If I untick playlist selection box, then they auto-apply.

boroda

One small display issue that you might be able to find solution for:
You use marroon as the font color for 'new value'. But (specially if I only want to change ONE file) I cannot read the new value.
Because my default color in Windows for highlighting a selected word/line is RED...
So there is no contrast between your font and my background.
What color do you propose for 'new value'? I suggest that any color may interfere with custom windows color scheme :(

boroda

Filtering with playlists feature doesn't work at all with the new version. If I untick playlist selection box, then they auto-apply.
Re-download latest MB version.

redwing

Re-download latest MB version.

Filtering feature is now working fine. But I don't see much differences in massive editing with the previous version.
I set up two presets auto-applied to two different playlists and tried two sets of massive tag editing with 500+ and 1000+ tracks. As usual, after MB's editing session is done, the plugin's blinkering headers and cursor continued for several minutes. During that time I could play and navigate tracks but could not edit any tags because tag editor was constantly trembling. And opening plugin's pane during that time led to freeze MB as previously. I'm not sure this is due to filtering or new version in general.

WimYogya

What color do you propose for 'new value'? I suggest that any color may interfere with custom windows color scheme :(

Yes, I do realize that any chosen color could interfere with someone's Windows settings, unless there is an 'autocontrast option': in my case white font if the background is red (or in general: if the background isnt white). Have no idea if that is simple/possible... Otherwise just forget it...
WimYogya