Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 930243 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
@ boroda74

Updated to latest beta and CPU usage has returned to normal.
Thank you
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

Sorry, but the same error persists with the new version. This time editing a rating of classical track started and repeated the whole steps only to end up with wrong editing of "Chopin, 1Frédéric" with the same file. I'm sure you know now what preset I'm using under what settings.

boroda

redwing, try to 'delete all' and 'import all' presets as they were upgraded after releasing beta version.

redwing

redwing, try to 'delete all' and 'import all' presets as they were upgraded after releasing beta version.

I did.

redwing

I had already done the steps you mentioned when updating, and then reported the bug. Yes, no luck, unfortunately.

WimYogya

When installing a new beta of ASR, is it sufficient to delete and re-import all non-user presets?
No chance that the user-presets still have old functionality that can create problems?
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

boroda

There were errors in some 'official' presets. That's why I recommend to reimport them. If user presets don't have errors then there is no need to delete them.

redwing

I've located what caused, at least, coming-and-going of playlist selection box.
While having lots of trouble with this beta version, one of the most annoying thing was that playlist selection box was constantly coming and going, sometimes with no apparent reason. Then it occurred to me that whenever I updated the new beta version I always left the official version of mb_TagTools.dll in the same folder under the filename of mb_TagTool.dll for easy restoration of the plugin's functionality after crush (by swapping the filename of the old and new dll file). A little while ago I deleted the file, and then immediately noticed that the box was back and has stayed stable. Also the auto-applied preset has been working fine so far. I'll report back if that will really do the trick. BTW how come a dll file with different name can affect the plugin's functionality?
Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 10:08:36 AM by redwing

boroda

I'll report back if that will really do the trick.
Thank you. Seems that I could release stable version in near future.

BTW how come a dll file with different name can affect the plugin's functionality?
This is a puzzle. :)

redwing

I set up two presets auto-applied to tracks contained in two different playlists and so far they're working perfectly with various tests. I'll report back if I encounters a problem.

redwing

Just now I edited a tag of 500+ tracks, all of which are not contained the two auto-applied playlists. But that prompted MB to consume most of CPU resources and MB's main panel header started to tremble, which is a typical sign of background running of auto-applied presets but there was no messages on the status bar. I managed to open the plugin's pane and untick the two preset's auto-apply options. Then system resources were back to normal but MB got frozen. It seems that this version is still unstable with massive editing of tag values.

boroda

Now filtering by playlist is not very effective. I'll ask Steven to extend API for fast filtering.

WimYogya

Is there a way (in an existing preset or a planned new one) to remove one or more characters from the beginning or the end of a field?
I do not mean a specific string (then I can just replace string x with nothing), but one or more characters, based upon their positions?

Classical title strings are often surrounded by ' apostrophes or " quotation marks.
If I don't want that (which is the case) I can easily remover the "
But if I do that with the ' than I will also damage all the words like: don't, I'll, L'argent etc.
The initial ' can often be removed because it often comes after a : or -  and can be search/replaced with that sign.
But the one at the end is difficult...

From previous experiences I remember that such 'character remover' can be helpful to standardize titles that start with numbers in a wide variety of formats:
1. Bla
2 - Bla
3. - Bla
04: Bla
If you can remove 1 initial character at a time (and then resort the titles) you can clean up easier.
Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 06:24:59 PM by WimYogya
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia