Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 930161 times)

boroda

Sill can't reproduce freezing.

If somebody else have similar issues with beta version of plugin, please report them.

WimYogya

@boroda, redwing
Upon redwing's advice I installed the newest beta of the plugin.
But the TOY: copy' 'feature does not seem to work.
I try to copy the virtual field 'performer-v' (with a chain of people: multiple soloists, instrumentalists, orchestra, conductor) into a 'normal' custom field that I labeled 'performer' - hoping this custom field would split up all the chained entries into individual ones.
But nothing is being copied at all.

Even more:
Also other copy tag tasks do not seem to work.

And a related request:
In the ASR preview/result section the column width can not be changed, even if you widen the whole panel.
And the default width for old/new tag are simply to small for most (classical) tags.
Make it resizable, please?
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

boroda

But the TOY: copy' 'feature does not seem to work.
I try to copy the virtual field 'performer-v' (with a chain of people: multiple soloists, instrumentalists, orchestra, conductor) into a 'normal' custom field that I labeled 'performer' - hoping this custom field would split up all the chained entries into individual ones.
But nothing is being copied at all.
Yes, I can reproduce this. I'll fix it.

Even more:
What do you mean by 'other copy tag tasks'?

And a related request:
In the ASR preview/result section the column width can not be changed, even if you widen the whole panel.
And the default width for old/new tag are simply to small for most (classical) tags.
It very easy to do, but then columns won't be autosized at all.

WimYogya

Even more:
What do you mean by 'other copy tag tasks'?

I meant to say: NOTHING can be copied from any field to any field; it's not restricted to my virtual source tag

And a related request:
It very easy to do, but then columns won't be autosized at all.

I don't know how other users feel/think about it, but for me the default size is useless: in most cases I cannot see if the new/proposed change is the one I want. Because I can simply not see it in the narrow column.
WimYogya

boroda

I'll upload new beta tonight. There will be free-sized columns in ASR and some bugfixes.

WimYogya

Ok, thanks.... Please check the bug (?) too that makes it impossible to work with copied preset(s)... See my other post. But take your time if it is a complicated one.
And: what is your 'tonight'? I mean: your timezone?
Here (Indonesia) it als already halfway tonight, but maybe you are 12 or more hours behind ;-)
WimYogya

WimYogya

I would have guessed (based upon the 'sound' of the name/nick): one of the Eastern European countries... ;-)
Well: who knows > see you in Moscow between July 13-21 ;-)
WimYogya

boroda

Well: who knows > see you in Moscow between July 13-21 ;-)
Do you intend to visit Moscow? Well, see you ;)

WimYogya

Yes, we already booked our Aeroflot tickets: 12 July Bangkok > Moscow + 21 July Moscow > Amsterdam
I live in Indonesia and will travel with my friend via Moscow to Holland.
If you and I both have time and interest we might have a drink somewhere.
And if you have good, cheap, central, reliable hotel or b & b in Moscow to recommend: please send me in PM. Thanks!
WimYogya

boroda

Updated beta of plugin is released. See 1st topic for details.

redwing

The new beta version is working excellent. Tested with the Swap preset auto-applied to "classical" playlist, and it's working perfectly. I'll try other new presets later and report back if I encounter problems. Thanks a lot!

redwing

There's a small annoyance with your plugin, not just with the new version. I think it should suppress MB's hotkeys while the plugin's pane is active. For instance, I have assigned space key for play/pause. If I use the key while editing something on the pane, the selected track starts to play. It doesn't make sense since I can't even see what track is selected. Ctrl-C and V also function as MB's default hotkeys for copy and paste tags. It would be great if this can be fixed.

boroda

I think it should suppress MB's hotkeys while the plugin's pane is active.
I'll intercept common keys such as space or enter in plugin's windows, but I'm not sure if this will prevent MB from getting these events.
Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 06:51:33 AM by boroda74

WimYogya

The new beta did not solve the performance issue.
First I thought that (only) COPIED presets did the trouble (even without the presets themselves had been changed, just copied with a new name).
But now I know it is not that.
The problem happens at least with ONE of your own presets:
After scanning a substantial amount of files to add a zero in a single numbered track field, it is impossible to use ASR and even MG again.
The first time running is normal and ok, but a second time is slow as a handicapped snail... That goes for other, non-ASR actions as well: the edit panel opens in 30+ seconds etc.
There must be some very very very slow background process running that makes all other actions impossible, at least unacceptably slow.
Sometimes I see a slow change happening on the screen: minutes after I applied the command I see 7 change in in 07, 20 seconds later the next one: 8 becomes 08.
Stopping the process, closing the ASR window, all impossible - or sometimes possible after 30 mins or 1 hour.

At least the 'add zero' preset (checked) causes the trouble. Maybe other presets too, I have no experience with them.
Please check.
WimYogya