Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917177 times)

redwing

I think this is a good idea. Probably I'll implement this.

Wonderful!

Its easier for me to prepare several customizable ASR presets for such purposes than modify ASR command this way.

That sounds good, too. I hope to see some presets dedicated to merge tags and split tags that can handle multiple delimiters. Thanks!

artiedeco

I just installed this and I am having trouble with the "Copy To" command.  I'm trying to copy from the # tag to custom3. Everything looks right in the preview and when I click proceed it appears to work. However, when I check the tag in edit, nothing is there.  I've tried other combinations with the same results. Am I missing something?

Thanks

boroda

boroda

I think this is a good idea. Probably I'll implement this.

Wonderful!

Its easier for me to prepare several customizable ASR presets for such purposes than modify ASR command this way.

That sounds good, too. I hope to see some presets dedicated to merge tags and split tags that can handle multiple delimiters. Thanks!
redwing, two your requests are implemented now. Download beta version of plugin from the 1st post of this topic.

redwing

redwing, two your requests are implemented now. Download beta version of plugin from the 1st post of this topic.

Thanks for implementing my requests! I downloaded it and did some tests, but it didn't work well. A preset I set up (Swap first and last name adding custom text) was applied to tracks that don't belong to the selected playlist. And the preset itself wasn't working properly. It wrote in a tag differently from what was shown at preview. At last it was writing and rewriting constantly in some tags only to freeze MB. When I restarted MB, the playlist selection box was gone. Overwriting the new dll file didn't make a difference. So I ran MB with the previous version of dll file, exited, copied the new dll file, and restarted MB, this time I was able to see the box again.

Anyway, are you gonna add some more auto-apply options in addition to playlist, or that's all?

As for the new presets (combine and split tags), they looked great although I didn't actually test them. After looking over them, I got another wish, but it might take some time to implement. So just think about it.

Currently each preset allows the user to configure up to 5 steps. That's great, but only if you're familiar with regex. Otherwise, it won't be easy to utilize those step boxes. So how about allowing the user to select (and configure) another preset as a step by offering a preset selection box for each step from 2nd step?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a bug-free update version :)

boroda

A preset I set up (Swap first and last name adding custom text) was applied to tracks that don't belong to the selected playlist.
That's strange and I can't reproduce that. Notice that this option ('Auto apply preset only if it is contained in playlist:') applies only when preset is auto applied, i.e. when manually select a number of tracks and click 'Preview' in ASR window then preset will be applied to all selected tracks.

And the preset itself wasn't working properly. It wrote in a tag differently from what was shown at preview. At last it was writing and rewriting constantly in some tags only to freeze MB. When I restarted MB, the playlist selection box was gone. Overwriting the new dll file didn't make a difference. So I ran MB with the previous version of dll file, exited, copied the new dll file, and restarted MB, this time I was able to see the box again.
Probably I need to do more careful testing of beta version of plugin. Thanks for bug reporting.

Anyway, are you gonna add some more auto-apply options in addition to playlist, or that's all?
I think it's sufficient as you can create very complicated autoplaylists specially for ASR command.

As for the new presets (combine and split tags), they looked great although I didn't actually test them. After looking over them, I got another wish, but it might take some time to implement. So just think about it.
You are welcome.

Currently each preset allows the user to configure up to 5 steps. That's great, but only if you're familiar with regex. Otherwise, it won't be easy to utilize those step boxes. So how about allowing the user to select (and configure) another preset as a step by offering a preset selection box for each step from 2nd step?
Actually I don't mean that end users will create ASR presets by themselves (although it is possible). I'm ready to create (or give you instructions how to create) new presets if they are needed.
Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 04:11:08 AM by boroda74

redwing

That's strange and I can't reproduce that. Notice that this option ('Auto apply preset only if it is contained in playlist:') applies only when preset is auto applied, i.e. when manually select a number of tracks and click 'Preview' in ASR window then preset will be applied to all selected tracks.

Yes, I meant auto-apply. I selected "Classical" playlist, and as I edit a composer tag of a "Pop" track, the preset was auto-applied to the file.

I just tried the beta version again, but it's still doing wrong conversions and freezing MB. The box was gone again.

Actually I don't mean that end users will create ASR presets by themselves (although it is possible). I'm ready to create (or give you instructions how to create) new presets if they are needed.

What I meant was that you already provided those presets that can be used as a step for another preset. For instance, if I want to split a tag in a certain way, remove particular parts of the split part, and combine them and save in another tag, you already created three presets for such a task. What's needed is to allow users to configure a workflow using multiple presets for a single task. Currently I can only do that in separate three sessions with each of those presets. It's not that urgent right now. But I think that would make this plugin more useful for average users. Thanks for your support!

boroda

What I meant was that you already provided those presets that can be used as a step for another preset. For instance, if I want to split a tag in a certain way, remove particular parts of the split part, and combine them and save in another tag, you already created three presets for such a task. What's needed is to allow users to configure a workflow using multiple presets for a single task. Currently I can only do that in separate three sessions with each of those presets. It's not that urgent right now. But I think that would make this plugin more useful for average users. Thanks for your support!
i.e. some kind of groups of presets. Maybe, maybe. But first I need to debug current beta version.

redwing

i.e. some kind of groups of presets. Maybe, maybe. But first I need to debug current beta version.

Yes. And I understand it's not certain how many users would ever need a multiple-step workflow for converting tags. It might not worth it, especially if you're available for a customized preset. I'm just throwing a wish. Thanks!

boroda

At last it was writing and rewriting constantly in some tags only to freeze MB. When I restarted MB, the playlist selection box was gone. Overwriting the new dll file didn't make a difference. So I ran MB with the previous version of dll file, exited, copied the new dll file, and restarted MB, this time I was able to see the box again.
What is number of tracks in your library? Did you do some manual massive tagging operations when UI was freezed?

redwing

What is number of tracks in your library? Did you do some manual massive tagging operations when UI was freezed?

No, it was just one track, and the freezing part had nothing to do with auto-apply (today's test was the same). I applied the swap preset to a classical track, as a test, and it wrote wrongly "Chopin, 1Frédéric" and then correctly "Chopin, Frédéric", and repeat it constantly only to finally freeze MB. I had to end the process with Windows Task Manager.

I remember it wrote "/%" instead of ", " the other day although its preview was correct.

boroda

No, it was just one track, and the freezing part had nothing to do with auto-apply (today's test was the same). I applied the swap preset to a classical track, as a test, and it wrote wrongly "Chopin, 1Frédéric" and then correctly "Chopin, Frédéric", and repeat it constantly only to finally freeze MB. I had to end the process with Windows Task Manager.
Was some preset is ticked for auto applying at this moment? Probably the same preset which was applied manually?

I remember it wrote "/%" instead of ", " the other day although its preview was correct.
I think it wrote ", /" instead of ", ". Its an error in this preset. I'll check all new presets for errsors.

redwing

Was some preset is ticked for auto applying at this moment? Probably the same preset which was applied manually?

Yes. that's the only one. But after unticking it, it froze MB again. To me the endless rewriting seemed to be a main cause.

I think it wrote ", /" instead of ", ". Its an error in this preset. I'll check all new presets for errsors.

No, I'm sure it was "/%." I tested it several times while changing the value of source tag. But today the same preset wrote ", 1". I have no clue.

boroda

redwing, could you give me exact name of preset which causes freezing as I can't reproduce this?

redwing

redwing, could you give me exact name of preset which causes freezing as I can't reproduce this?

It's "Swap first & last name of artist and adding <Custom text> - 2."

Search for: 

([\x01\x02\x04]?)([^\x00]*) ([^\x00]*)(\x00?)

Replace with:

$1$3\@1$2$4
Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 08:45:27 AM by redwing