Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917614 times)

Steven

• Administrator
@boroda74, it should be
SkinElement.SkinInputControl   (7)
ElementState.ElementStateDefault  (0)
using function:
Setting_GetSkinElementColour

boroda

mmm... I'm already using SkinElement.SkinInputControl for buttons and SkinElement.SkinInputPanel for other controls.

WimYogya

Hello Boroda,
I understand requests regarding your plugin should be put here - not in the MB wishlist.
As a new user I am already using your plugin a LOT, when re-arranging my big library migrating it from MediaMonkey.
I hope you will continue the good work by creating more presets (and some other functionality)
Instead of presenting a long wish-list, just allow me two requests at the moment:
1. What I really miss in the presets is something like: ADD <custom text 1> at the beginning of <tag1>
2. Same, but then at the end.

I already used a workaround a few times: I used preset #1 to add 'The', then used search/replace to replace 'the' into my desired text.
But special presets (at position #2 and 3?) would be much better.
Could you do that?

Thanks in advance!

WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

boroda

Hi, WimYogya. As a quick solution you can use 'Copy tag' command:
1. select <Empty value> source tag and tick 'Add source tag to the beginning of destination tag placing between them: <Custom text>'
2. the same, but tick 'Append source tag to the end of destination tag placing between them <Custom text>'

WimYogya

Thanks, Borodo.
Helpful quick solution.
But you consider to create corresponding proper presets in the future?
If I have more preset requests, can I feel free to let you know? Or are you already fully booked till 2039? ;-)
Greetings,
Wim/William
WimYogya

boroda

But you consider to create corresponding proper presets in the future?
If I have more preset requests, can I feel free to let you know?
You are welcome.

edit:
I'm going to update ASR Preset pack according to user's requests in near future.
Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 01:40:23 PM by boroda74

WimYogya

Would there be a way to publish your future plans (in a sticky topic?), so that users can see if their requests are already on the list or possibly want to ammend the list?
WimYogya

boroda

I'm doubtful that my plugin deserves separate wishlist topic. Post you requests here: I'll give you instructions how to create appropriate presets manually and later I'll include new presets to preset pack.

WimYogya

Ok. I migrated this week from MediaMonkey (what a relief!) and I am not sure if you know the RegExp S&P plugin there.
Do you know that plugin?
It has an impressive set of 100+ presets, but:
- some are still not flexible enough to customize them a little bit
- they are VERY badly and messy organized, without any proper grouping labels.
So my suggestion to you is - if you keep the good preset work going:
1. make each preset as flexible as possible, customizable per action
2. group them logically-alfabetically with proper labels or numbers - such as:
ADD spaces to tag - <n> leading spaces to <tag1>
ADD text to etc.
COPY content <tag1> to <begin> or <end> of <tag2> seperated by <text>
REMOVE spaces - remove leading and trailing spaces in selected tag(s) (including ALL or multiple!)
REMOVE spaces - remove double spaces  etc....
3, give the user the option to replace your own preset description, sometimes a user finds a better/simpler one
4. give the user the option to rearrange the preset lists. In MM i only used around 15 of the 110 presets, I could move them to the top of my own customizable list

Goodluck and thanks!
WimYogya

boroda

Ok. I migrated this week from MediaMonkey (what a relief!) and I am not sure if you know the RegExp S&P plugin there.
Do you know that plugin?
This MM plugin inspired ASR command
1. make each preset as flexible as possible, customizable per action
2. group them logically-alfabetically with proper labels or numbers - such as:
ADD spaces to tag - <n> leading spaces to <tag1>
ADD text to etc.
COPY content <tag1> to <begin> or <end> of <tag2> seperated by <text>
REMOVE spaces - remove leading and trailing spaces in selected tag(s) (including ALL or multiple!)
REMOVE spaces - remove double spaces  etc....
I hope ASR preset pack is already organized this way
3, give the user the option to replace your own preset description, sometimes a user finds a better/simpler one
Although you can't edit/rename 'official' presets, you still can copy 'official' presets and edit/rename the copy and you can delete 'official' presets.
4. give the user the option to rearrange the preset lists. In MM i only used around 15 of the 110 presets, I could move them to the top of my own customizable list
Unfortunately it lies in the very basics of ASR command to display presets alphabetically, but you can simply delete unwanted presets. And you can restore full preset pack at any moment by clicking 'Import All' button.

WimYogya

It seems that your suggestions and options make ASR flexible enough to 'rearrange' the list by giving new descriptions to each set with the copy/paste/delete commands. Thanks for the info.
And keep the good work going! ;-)
WimYogya

redwing

Here are my two wishes:

1. It would be great if conditions such as specific tag values, filters and playlists can be set for a auto-run preset so that the preset auto-applies only to those files meeting the conditions.

2. Expand MB's current "infer and update tags from filename" function to other tags so that average users can use "search in one tag & replace in another tag" without using regex.

Thanks in advance.

boroda

1. It would be great if conditions such as specific tag values, filters and playlists can be set for a auto-run preset so that the preset auto-applies only to those files meeting the conditions.
Actually some filtering is already possible: any ASR preset won't do anything if there is no match in search pattern (more precisely if there is no match in any of 3 available search patterns).

2. Expand MB's current "infer and update tags from filename" function to other tags so that average users can use "search in one tag & replace in another tag" without using regex.
Did you mean search patterns like <Tag1>SomeExcludedText<Tag2>? So that searched tag will be splited to several tags? I'm afraid this is too far from current functionality. What do you need this for? Some example?

redwing

Actually some filtering is already possible: any ASR preset won't do anything if there is no match in search pattern (more precisely if there is no match in any of 3 available search patterns).

What I meant was that, for instance, when I tick the option of auto-running for "swap first and last name of Composer field and save n another field," I'd like the preset to auto-apply only to classical music files (Genre=Classical, or in "Classical" filter), not to other files. I don't see how that's possible with the current version.

Did you mean search patterns like <Tag1>SomeExcludedText<Tag2>? So that searched tag will be splited to several tags? I'm afraid this is too far from current functionality. What do you need this for? Some example?

For editing and managing tags without using regex. For instance, if I'd like to remove everything before or after a certain character or a word, currently I have to use regex. But my wish would let the user do the job easily. If it's not possible, never mind. Thanks.

boroda

What I meant was that, for instance, when I tick the option of auto-running for "swap first and last name of Composer field and save n another field," I'd like the preset to auto-apply only to classical music files (Genre=Classical, or in "Classical" filter), not to other files. I don't see how that's possible with the current version.
I think this is a good idea. Probably I'll implement this.

For editing and managing tags without using regex.
Its easier for me to prepare several customizable ASR presets for such purposes than modify ASR command this way.