Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 932255 times)

Ein

Using "Copy Tag" with "#" has a bug, depending on how you look at it:  If the numbers 1,2,3 ... 9,10,11 ... are saved into a custom tag and then the playlist view is sorted by this tag then the order will be

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
If the numbers 1,2,3 ... 9,10,11 ... are saved into a custom tag

Go to Preferences>>Layout>>main panel>>Configure Fields

In the Fields Layout Editor, find your Custom tag and set the type to "Number"

That should fix the sorting  :)
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

jamburglar

Question about the "Change Case" script: Is it possible to highlight the tags that would actually be changed (versus those that would be unaffected)? Right now they all appear red.

Here is how it's handled in the MediaMonkey change case script: http://i.imgur.com/8ZIqkYP.png

Question about the "Renumber Tracks" script: Is it possible to pad/add leading  zeros without also renumbering tracks?
Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:44:08 PM by jamburglar

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Question about the "Renumber Tracks" script: Is it possible to pad/add leading  zeros without also renumbering tracks?

The "Renumber Tracks" option is part of the standard MB instal, to access the advanced features go to
Tools>>Tagging Tools>>Advanced>>Advanced search and replace
there you will find the option to Add up to 2 leading zeros or Add up to 5 leading zeros
further down the list is the option Remove leading zeros
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

boroda

Question about the "Change Case" script: Is it possible to highlight the tags that would actually be changed (versus those that would be unaffected)? Right now they all appear red.
Its hard to highlight unchanged tags. I'll do that unchanged tracks are unticked automatically.

jamburglar

The "Renumber Tracks" option is part of the standard MB instal, to access the advanced features go to
Tools>>Tagging Tools>>Advanced>>Advanced search and replace
there you will find the option to Add up to 2 leading zeros or Add up to 5 leading zeros
further down the list is the option Remove leading zeros

Awesome, thank you!

WimYogya

Just installed the additional tagging tools. Nice options.
But the first one wasn't an immediate success:
I wanted to move the content of all 'conductor' fields (plain string) to customized field 4, labeled 'edit status' (string in autoselect droplist).
When I tried to swap all 11.000 field the tool stopped after a while. Clicking the X didn't help. A popup window appeared, saying that background processes can not be terminated (? - strange, why not?) and that a restart of MB was recommended. I then tried to close MB  itself, with the X, but that didn't work. The program was not responding.
After the restart I tried the tool again, now with a limited amount of tracks of 250. Rapidly and smoothly done.
The second 250 batch failed. Same hanging problems as before.
Please check!

PS
Steven advised me to copy this post here as well, so that the developer of Swap Tags might easier see it.
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

redwing

Originated from this thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8620.0

I wonder it would be possible for your plugin's drop-down menu to use both fg and bg values of "Controls.InputControl.Default" element. I think that would easily solve the problem, and every skin will display the menu more clearly without any alterations.
Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 07:31:55 PM by redwing

boroda

When I tried to swap all 11.000 field the tool stopped after a while. Clicking the X didn't help.
As far as I remember there is "Stop" or "Cancel" button in plugin windows. This button should stop plugin background task immediately.

boroda

Originated from this thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=8620.0

I wonder it would be possible for your plugin's drop-down menu to use both fg and bg values of "Controls.InputControl.Default" element. I think that would easily solve the problem, and every skin will display the menu more clearly without any alterations.
MB API uses c# enumeration for getting colors. I don't know how this enumeration is mapped to XML skin color nodes.

WimYogya

@boroda74
Well, when I was (repeatedly) trying to use Swap Tags it repeatedly crashed, and then the stop button did nothing.
About the colors: you mean your cannot create visitble colors in the swap tags panel? Or still searching?
WimYogya

boroda

About the colors: you mean your cannot create visitble colors in the swap tags panel?
I mean that I don't know which XML skin-file tags I'm using in plugin.

WimYogya

Don't know what that means...
WimYogya