Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917318 times)

jistme

Sorry, here I am again already.

While working great, it will now also write a new (empty) value in Custom3 when there is no "-" in the title.

Is it not possible to have your plugin making no changes when there is no regex match?
Wouldn't that be desirable behavior with regular expressions anyway?

boroda

Download latest version of plugin, search for: .*?-([^-]*).* and replace with $1

jistme

redwing

Hi boroda74!

I'd like to thank you for offering this wonderful plugin. It helps me a lot in organizing my music library efficiently. 

Here is my situation. I'd like to fill "Album Artist" tag with the first artist of "Artist" tag and keep it running in the background. I looked around your presets and found one that does "Remove all items from multi-item 'Artist' tag except first one." I edited its saving tag from "Artist" to "Album Artist" tag. Well, it worked fine for some multiple-artist tracks, but it left "Album Artist" tag blank for single-artist tracks. And I'm not sure if this is related to the previously mentioned problem, but whenever I apply the edited preset to multiple (say more than 10) tracks MB keeps freezing. I guess the regular expression is not suited for this task or has some problem in its own? Can you help me to accomplish my goal? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Never mind! Somehow I've managed to do that. Thanks, anyway.
Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 04:31:13 PM by redwing

BeeBeeKing

Hi Boroda, Thank you for adding the # field so I could sort the Library report for my playlists, is it also possible to suppress the 000's in front of the sequence number?
Not a big one if you can't.

boroda

Hi Boroda, Thank you for adding the # field so I could sort the Library report for my playlists, is it also possible to suppress the 000's in front of the sequence number?
Not a big one if you can't.
This would complicate sorting of #-tag

Theodor

Hi boroda74,

first of all, thank you for your plugin -- well, I haven't used it so far, but from what I've read, it is a great addition to an already great program.

Today, I tried to install the plugin but after I put the plugin files into Musicbee's plugin folder and started MB, the following message popped up: "Some tag names are duplicated. Plugin is not properly initialized." I checked the Tools Menu: all the  plugin entries were there but I think they didn't work as they're supposed to. For example, the Advanced Find and Replace dialog hadn't any presets to select from.

Can you think of any reason for this problem? I am using MB 2.0.4663 and downloaded the newest version of the plugin. Theater Mode and Screen Saver Mode are enabled, but not any other plugins.
Could it be that this has something to do with custom tags? I am using some custom tags which are written into the files' meta data.

It would be great if you could help me.

Theodor

boroda

Today, I tried to install the plugin but after I put the plugin files into Musicbee's plugin folder and started MB, the following message popped up: "Some tag names are duplicated. Plugin is not properly initialized." I checked the Tools Menu: all the  plugin entries were there but I think they didn't work as they're supposed to. For example, the Advanced Find and Replace dialog hadn't any presets to select from.

Can you think of any reason for this problem? I am using MB 2.0.4663 and downloaded the newest version of the plugin. Theater Mode and Screen Saver Mode are enabled, but not any other plugins.
Could it be that this has something to do with custom tags? I am using some custom tags which are written into the files' meta data.
This error means that localized tag names are duplicated. Most probable reason is that localized tag names "Lyrics" (this tag contains text of song) and "Lyrics?" (this pseudo-tag displays "Y" if song text is present and "N" if it is not) are the same. Part of plugin functionality wont be present in this case.

What is language of MB on your machine?

For example, the Advanced Find and Replace dialog hadn't any presets to select from.
You need to import ASR presets first by clicking 'Import All' or 'Import New' button.

OOmatrixOO

Hello.
How can i remove words with []?

(.*?)\s* [www.xxx.xxx]* doesnt work.

And how can I remove all id3v1 tags?
I'm doing all this with mp3tag. Because it's much easier. But I want to get there to do everything in MusicBee.

boroda

Hi
Search for '\[.*?\]' and replace with empty string.

You can't remove id3v1 tags and leave id3v2 tags with my plugin.

OOmatrixOO

Thank you.
Is it even possible with MusicBee to delete these tags completely?

Moss

boroda

boroda

still wait for the german translations...please  ;D
What do you mean? Plugin supports for German for a couple of months.