Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 928281 times)

duels

Can some please help, Where can I download this plugin from and installl it. Please new user Thanks

superstar19

Thanks.  Just found these tools.  Even more reasons for me to forget about Mediamonkey.

boroda

Can some please help, Where can I download this plugin from and installl it. Please new user Thanks
In the beginning of this topic, see first post.

boroda

Thanks.  Just found these tools.  Even more reasons for me to forget about Mediamonkey.
Actually some commands were inspired by MM scripts.

Duels2

In the beginning of this topic, see first post.

Thank you boroda74, but for the life of me I can't see where the link is in 1st post to download the plugin. Can you please post the link to me so I can download this amazing tool.

Joe

Duels2

boroda,

I have managed to download your excellent plugin for Music Bee, Thank you so much for this, Can I ask one favour, a small addition.
Of all the libraries I have used none of them collect the Disc ID information this is the CD code to identfy the actual CD. The information is availble on freedb.org but to manually input this information into a large library of music would take forever to completed. Would it be possible to add this as a field in the tagging and reporting tools as part of the autotag and report.
Please click on the link an example fron freedb.org showing DISCID fb127c11 (Coldplay / Coldplay)
http://www.freedb.org/freedb/rock/fb127c11
Your help would be a realy help, thank you so much.

Joe

boroda

There is no autotag command in plugin. You can ask Steven about this addition to MB or you can use 'copy tag' command to manually fill disk id to all tracks of album (just select all tracks of album and fill in disk id in tag editor).
Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 01:54:51 PM by boroda74

BeeBeeKing

Hi Boroda,
Re Library reports:
I have been looking at your library reports under Advanced tags. Perhaps if I explain what I want to do-
basically I want to export an .m3u playlist to html so I can publish it onthe web. I have been able to do this, but one thing eludes me.....I want it to appear in the order as per the playlist order. I notice under the Playing Now screen the first column is "#", how can I sort my playlist export by this # column. An example of the table I need can be seen here (produced by another program) http://www.bluesbeatradio.com/930oct14.htm

Also is it possible to export the filepath, and which tag does the "URL" field equate to?
I do not understand the use of Function for new fields "Grouping" and calculate subgrouping totals?
Thanks for any help you can offer, i have only just started playing with the Library reports function, so I may have missed something obvious.

boroda

I want it to appear in the order as per the playlist order.
I'll do this on weekend.

Also is it possible to export the filepath, and which tag does the "URL" field equate to?
'URL' is just a filepath for local files.

I do not understand the use of Function for new fields "Grouping" and calculate subgrouping totals?
Every function is calculated for every unique combination of grouping fields. For example you want to calculate duration of albums for every artist. Then you should define 2 grouping fields ('Artist' and 'Album') and 1 function field ('Time').

If you tick 'calculate subgrouping totals' option then duration will be calculated also for every 'Artist' (i.e. for 1st grouping filed, for every unique combination of 1st and 2nd grouping fields, for every unique combination of 1st, 2nd and 3d grouping fields, etc.).

jistme

Create new ASR preset. 1st step: search for (.*)›.* in title tag and replace with $1 in composition tag. 2nd step: search for .*›(.*) in title tag and replace with $1 in movement tag. Leave 3d step blank.

Thanks Boroda (I just now read your answer)

jistme

Hey Boroda,

In an endeavor to help somebody, and learn something myself on the side I am challenged with the following.

Suppose the three following possible title tags of a track:

"first-second-third-fourth.mp3"
"first-second.mp3"
"first second.mp3"

The wish is to have your tool find only the word "second" from the first two examples, and do nothing with the third example. (or any other form without at least one "-" )

The outcome ("second") is to be used to populate another tag.
(the title tag itself is not to be changed)

Having almost none knowledge with regex, I got some very helpful assistance from a regex forum, which suggested to use: (?<=^[^-]+-)[^-]+
This seems to indeed work perfectly when e.g. running it through a regex tester, but I can't for the life of me find out how to get the outcome in the field "replace by" in your tool.

Can it be done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNnPks3CQWM

edit:

I changed it to: ((?<=^[^-]+-)[^-]+)
(added a bracket at beginning and end)

In an online regex tester like http://regexlib.com/RETester.aspx it now works perfectly, also giving the outcome in a $1 format.
But when I enter $1 in the  "Replace with:"  field in your plugin, it writes not only the outcome, but also what's behind the next "-".
Why is that?
Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 06:36:18 PM by jistme

jistme

I put out a request concerning your tool in the 'Wish' topic, and got a reply from Steven that this could be implemented by you if you would be sympathetic to it and be willing to do so:

http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=7665.msg44313#msg44313

boroda

Suppose the three following possible title tags of a track:

"first-second-third-fourth.mp3"
"first-second.mp3"
"first second.mp3"

The wish is to have your tool find only the word "second" from the first two examples, and do nothing with the third example. (or any other form without at least one "-" )
Try the following: search for: .*?-([^-]*).* and replace with $1

jistme

Try the following: search for: .*?-([^-]*).* and replace with $1

That's getting close, only example 3 goes wrong.
It will copy all contents of the title, even if there is no "-" present in the title.
Isn't that strange, since there is no match then?

boroda

jistme, try this:

.*?-([^-]*).*|.*($)

Replace with:

$1$2