Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917565 times)

BeeBeeKing

Hi boroda74.
Re: calculate average album ratings.  When this is used and I then backup up my music files from one drive to another it takes a long time because it copies all files. My question is: even for album ratings that have not changed is this calculated as well? I think it must change the date attribute on all files? Is there a way it can only operate on new files or files where the rating has changed so that I'm not backing up everything? I also would prefer to have the option to perform this on just the inbox so I can calculate on just new files? thanks.

boroda

My question is: even for album ratings that have not changed is this calculated as well?
Yes.

I think it must change the date attribute on all files?
It depends on how you store 'album rating' (either in MB cache only or in files).

Is there a way it can only operate on new files or files where the rating has changed so that I'm not backing up everything?
Currently there is no way to do this, but I think this is a good idea. I'll implement this later.

boroda

Hi boroda74.
Re: calculate average album ratings.  When this is used and I then backup up my music files from one drive to another it takes a long time because it copies all files. My question is: even for album ratings that have not changed is this calculated as well? I think it must change the date attribute on all files? Is there a way it can only operate on new files or files where the rating has changed so that I'm not backing up everything? I also would prefer to have the option to perform this on just the inbox so I can calculate on just new files? thanks.
Its done.

ma_t14

Is it possible to copy a specific tag from one file to another? I couldn't find such an option. I want to transfer playcounts between files

boroda

No and I don't see simple way to do this. You should select exactly the same number of files for copying and pasting and in the same order. BTW MB internally can copy/paste tags (not sure how it deals with multiple files).

GoodWill41

Hi boroda74!

It has been a while (4 months) since bryankook offered his help for translation into German.

My question now is: Have you heard since then from him about the status of his translation?

I'm asking because I have also started to translate into German and 40% of the whole package are already translated by me.

Greetings

GoodWill41

GoodWill41

Hi boroda74!

New information about status of German translation: 5 of 12 files (the bigger ones) to be translated.

Well, concerning the space, I have to admit that the translation is very difficult because I can only guess if it would fit. I can't see my results.

But as you stated in your initial post it is better for you to do it that way so it is ok for me.

jistme

Is this plugin capable of extracting a certain part of a tag, and copy it to another?

e.g. when the 'Title' tag is:
Cello Sonata No.1 in E minor, Op.38 › I. Allegro non troppo

I want the part before ' › ' to be copied in a custom tag named 'Composition',
and the part after ' › ' copied to a custom tag named 'Movement'.

tia

edit:
I just learned how to accomplish this with MP3Tag.
Still curious if this would also be possible within MB though.
Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 01:23:53 PM by jistme

GoodWill41

Hi boroda74!

Today I have got a question concerning the translation into German as follows:

File "TagTools.cs": I don't get the sense of the sentence in the section "default ASRPresetName" in the row beginning with "msgSwapTags SourceAndDestinationTagsAreThe Same". To me it seems that there is missing a word or more.

Could you please tell me which one(s) or explain the sense of that sentence.

BTW: That is the last missing file to complete my translation. After that I am going to start with the 56 XML-Preset-Files.

Thanks in advance!

GoodWill41

@jistme:

Well, I'm not 100% sure. Maybe there's a preset which is able to do that, but I haven't had a look at them yet. Or you have to create a preset for yourself.

GoodWill41

New status report for German translation:

20% of ASR-Presets (xml-files) have been translated,
1 file (txt-file) pending because of understanding (sense) difficulties. See my post dated 6th July 2012.

Greetings

GoodWill41

GoodWill41

Here's a new status report:

22 ASR-Presets left to translate (60% of ASR-Presets translation finished),
1 file (txt-file - TagTools.cs) pending

Getting closer to the finish line....

bemis

hi,
i installed on my new laptop musicbee (the latest beta) and this plugin. but the autorating doesnt seem to work, it always shows "ever played tracks in your library: 0" i also installed the version 1.4 for testing and with this version it works like it should

Edit:
went back to MusicBee 2.0.4572, there it is working again
Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 09:30:01 AM by bemis

GoodWill41

Hi boroda74!

I've finished German translation of the ASR Presets so far and sent you a PM with the download link.

1 file is still pending, waiting for your help.

Thanks in advance!

GoodWill41

boroda

Is this plugin capable of extracting a certain part of a tag, and copy it to another?

e.g. when the 'Title' tag is:
Cello Sonata No.1 in E minor, Op.38 › I. Allegro non troppo

I want the part before ' › ' to be copied in a custom tag named 'Composition',
and the part after ' › ' copied to a custom tag named 'Movement'.

tia

edit:
I just learned how to accomplish this with MP3Tag.
Still curious if this would also be possible within MB though.

Create new ASR preset. 1st step: search for (.*)›.* in title tag and replace with $1 in composition tag. 2nd step: search for .*›(.*) in title tag and replace with $1 in movement tag. Leave 3d step blank.