Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 928641 times)

BeeBeeKing

When I ran it on my collection it seemed to apply to the whole library regardless of what was highlighted, is that the intended behavior?

boroda

When I ran it on my collection it seemed to apply to the whole library regardless of what was highlighted, is that the intended behavior?
At this moment, yes, intended.

BeeBeeKing

Thanks Boroda-
"1. 'Calculate average album ratings' command now ignores all unrated tracks to calculate averages.

Can this be optional please, can there be a switch to include/not include unrated tracks?
If I don't like some tracks on an album I don't rate them, therefore that should lower the album rating, imho.
I just want the average of all tracks, for standout tracks track rating is better.
I don't see much point in giving tracks one star rating as I probably won't listen to them, most of mine are between 2-5 stars, no star is not listened to much. thanks

boroda

If I don't like some tracks on an album I don't rate them, therefore that should lower the album rating, imho.
You can make such tracks zero-rated. But, yes, this can be done as option.

VX

This awesome plugin is so good that it should be distributed with the next major release of MusicBee.  8)

It has lots of useful features requested by many forum members and perfectly complements the main program.

What do you think ???

boroda

I have already suggested to Steven to make 'extended' installation package with all plugins included (though some plugins can be disabled by default).

VX

I have already suggested to Steven to make 'extended' installation package with all plugins included (though some plugins can be disabled by default).

Good idea. +1 :)

BTW, I guess your plugin is available in Russian. Is it possible to get it in other languages supported with MusicBee  ???

boroda

BTW, I guess your plugin is available in Russian. Is it possible to get it in other languages supported with MusicBee  ???
Yes, plugin can be easily translated to any language, but I need translators.

kruiz

Thanks a lot for this plugin, it's great stuff.

I'm beginner with regex, but I would like to learn. I can't figure out how to do this particular operation in Advance Search & Replace.

I have a lot of multiple-disc albums where the Track# tags are 101, 102, 103... 201, 202, 203 etc. The first digit is the disc number and the last two digits are the track number. I would like to search for any file where the Track# tag is three digits (characters), copy the first digit to the Disc# tag (which is currently null), and replace the three digits in Track# with only the last two digits.

It seems easy. I can search for a regex of "..." to find all three-character values in Track#. Are there functions for extracting substrings? The MSDN page is mind-boggling  :o

Thanks again.

Update: I tried this in TextPad which allows regex in search/replace.

Search: \([0-9]\)\([0-9]\)\([0-9]\)
Replace with: \1

For example, this matches "102" and replaces it with "1". But in this plugin, in Advanced Search & Replace, when I used these strings and try the Preview, it matches "102" and replaces it with "102". What am I doing wrong?
Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:36:13 AM by kruiz

boroda

I think search pattern should be (\d)(\d\d) and replacing pattern $1 and $2 for disk# and track# correspondingly.

kruiz

boroda

kruiz, please share your ASR preset (select preset and click 'submit' button - this will send e-mail to me).