Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917190 times)

BeeBeeKing

patocles

Hi, I got the plugin yesterday and whenever I try to export tags, in fact just the time I press 'preview' MB crashes.

I guess it must be due to the large amount of files I'm trying to manage (about 157.000 mp3 files, they weight more or less 1,08 TB on the hard disk) but I would like to ask you, if this is true, which is the maximum amount of files that the plugin could really manage, because it's the feature I'm most interested in.

Thank you all !!

boroda

Plugin can easily manage ~15000 mp3's / 50 GB (size of my library). If you don't use <Tag counter> or <Tag value counter> fields then I don't see why 150000 mp3's should crash MB.

Can you filter out some subcontent of your library (eg using some playlist) and try to export sublibrary and provide feedback?

patocles

Thanks, boroda74:

I made a last test and the fact is that the plug in works but needs so much time to sort my library that it seems not to be working, so if you try to close the plug in window it appears that MB has crashed. Sorry for any inconvenience, great job ;-)

Best regards.

Greb

Congrats. Great plugin!!

(though comments in the source code are slightly difficult to understand  ;D)

boroda

(though comments in the source code are slightly difficult to understand  ;D)
Sorry for my English :)

Greb

Sorry for my English :)

Naaaa, don't worry, but it has quite a strong russian accent  ;D

Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 06:26:30 AM by Greb

boroda

No, Greb, I didn't write this comment! :) This is automatically generated by VS and its not recommended to change it manually. Though usually you don't need even to see it, because this code should be edited in form editor.

btw, this comment says "don't change this code manually"... :)

Merlin123

Hi,

i'm looking for a solution to export my list of titles in a format which can be easily published on my website.
You're plugin support an HMTL export, but I'm missing to things:
1. Is it possible to sort the output (eg.: 1. Artist, 2. album, 3. track)?
2. Is it possible to create not a plain list but something like
    artist 1
    artist 2
    artist 3
   and when you click on artist 2 you get
   album 1
   album 2
   clicking on an album
   track 1
   track 2

Ou does anyboy know another plugin to do this?

boroda

1. Sorting of table inherits the sorting of main panel view. You can define your custom sorting and then use 'export tags' command.,

2. Only by defining custom sorting.

P.S. Sorry for late answers, I didn't visit MB forum for a few days.

Antonski

Hi boroda74,

thank you for your plugin, good work!

I have one suggestion regarding 'Calculate average album ratings' command.
Can you make it (configurable perhaps) so that the plugin calculates the average album rating out of rated tracks only?
The reason is that I don't have enough time to listen to a full album recently, so I cannot rate all the tracks at ones. Instead, I listen randomly from all of my library and rate tracks from time to time. So it happens that there are really good albums in my library, but they have a low average rating, just because not all tracks are rated.
Do you think my request sounds reasonable?
Thanks in advance.

BeeBeeKing

I would like to see the option of applying it to selected albums and/or just to the albums in the inbox.

boroda

Hi boroda74,

thank you for your plugin, good work!

I have one suggestion regarding 'Calculate average album ratings' command.
Can you make it (configurable perhaps) so that the plugin calculates the average album rating out of rated tracks only?
The reason is that I don't have enough time to listen to a full album recently, so I cannot rate all the tracks at ones. Instead, I listen randomly from all of my library and rate tracks from time to time. So it happens that there are really good albums in my library, but they have a low average rating, just because not all tracks are rated.
Do you think my request sounds reasonable?
Thanks in advance.
Sounds reasonable. Steven, what's the difference between zero-rated and unrated songs in terms of api calls? Suggest that zero-rated songs should have rating "0" and unrated songs should have rating "" (empty string)

I would like to see the option of applying it to selected albums and/or just to the albums in the inbox.
Its possible but you have to select complete albums at this moment (there is no way to filter by albums in api calls currently).

Steven

• Administrator