Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917498 times)

boroda

Sorry for late answers, my main computer is broken now and I cant see the source code or modify it currentlly. I'll try to answer all last posts in ondrer by memory and try to check and fix reported issues later, but I'm not sure when exectly.

boroda

I set up MusicBee and imported all of my music files on Feb. 7 of this year.  That day I played a bunch of tracks.  Some of the tracks I played that day, I haven't played since.  It's now August 1, nearly 6 months later, but the plays per day for some of those tracks are very close to 1, which gives them the highest ratings in my library.  In most cases, I wouldn't give a higher rating to a track I've played once in the last 6 months, than to a track I've played, say, 20 times in the last 6 months.  I don't know if it's possible, but it would make sense to me to adjust the formula to (plays - skips)/(TodaysDate - DateAdded) so it would calculate the plays per day since the track was added, rather than between the date added and the last time it was played.
Real formula must be 'Plays-Skips/LastPlayed-FirstPlayed', not DateAdded. By FirstPlayed is not supporeted by MB and using DateAdded is a good approximation. Suggested by you formula is quite different, though it is reasonable. I could implement it as an option.

boroda

Hello! Unfortunately I had to remove this plugin... ever since I made auto-rate work from setup, it won't allow me to do anything else related to the plugin until it finishes... which, after a few days, still hasn't completed. I know I have a large library -- over 26,000 songs and just over 200GB worth of music-- but I don't think it should take that long to complete auto-rate. In addition, it also seems to have slowed MB to such a crawl that I have to use task manager to stop it. Finally, even if I uninstall and manually remove the plugin from the MB folder, if I reinstall the plugin (either beta or stable), auto-rate seems to start up again.  :'( :'( :'( :'(
I don't recommend you to use 'auto-rate at startup' option at all. Its better to autorate all tracks manually first (although you cant use MB until process is finished), then check 'auto rate tracks if they are played' (this should happen mommentary for 1 track). Cant even imagine why initial auto-rating takes so long time. Cant check it now. Uninstallation doesnt remove settings file now, but you can delete it manually: see file like 'mb_TagTools.Settings.xml' in 'application data' dir (depends on your Windows version and if you run MB in portable mode).

boroda

The top post has a Stable download and a Beta download - but no indication of what the difference is - either in terms of version number or in terms of date or in terms of features.   There is a list of changes by date, but no indication of whether they apply to stable or beta...
The only difference between beta and stable version is in the last command that is not fully implemented now. Either I'll wait until Steven adds support to MB for downloading custom presets or just will remove both 'download' buttons.

Maleko12

I don't recommend you to use 'auto-rate at startup' option at all. Its better to autorate all tracks manually first (although you cant use MB until process is finished), then check 'auto rate tracks if they are played' (this should happen mommentary for 1 track). Cant even imagine why initial auto-rating takes so long time. Cant check it now. Uninstallation doesnt remove settings file now, but you can delete it manually: see file like 'mb_TagTools.Settings.xml' in 'application data' dir (depends on your Windows version and if you run MB in portable mode).

First off, hopefully your computer problems will be fixed; you are a valuable part of this community! Also, thanks for that info. Doing the above remedied the problem and the plugin now works as before.

boroda

Is it possible to have a routine that will add preceding "0's" to the copied number to make the number up to say 5 digits and exclude any other information from the copied field. Eg in a field that contained  number one it would transfer as 00001, 11 to 00011, 111 to 00111, 10000abcdefg would become 10000.
I realize this is a big ask, but you don't know unless you ask.
Any other ideas on how to achieve this would be welcome. thanks.
I dont see C# help file now or MSDN, but can suggest that adding some more or less standard formatting (something like standard Excel formatting) should be very simple. Probably later.

EDIT:
I'm not sure what is the best way to sort *any* tag (I think Steven know it better), but 'export tags' command 1st tries to sort tags as integer, then (if conversion to integer failed) as floats, then (if conversion to float failed) as date-time, then as original strings. Maybe its better to request Steven to implement such sorting for all *custom* tags? (He can use my source code, but its written in c# and MB is written in VB). If Steven dont want to implement this, then of course I could implement this in copy/swap tags commands.
Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 01:00:44 AM by boroda74

BeeBeeKing

thanks Boroda74, I'll wait to see if yourself or Stephen can implement this.

boroda

thanks Boroda74, I'll wait to see if yourself or Stephen can implement this.
bluesbeat, install beta version of plugin, then download this 'advanced search and replace' preset to 'plugins/asr presets' folder (this folder should be already existing after installing plugin). Use 'Remove leading zeros' preset for selected tracks. It should work fine for examples given by you, but it would replace '00102b12' with '102', i.e all digits after first non-digit will be removed.

I'm happy that now there is one more use case for ASR commnd.

BeeBeeKing

Hi boroda74, unless I misunderstand you......what I wanted to do was add zeroes to the numbers so that they will sort properly, not remove the zeroes.
 I have a whole lot of index numbers in the comments tags and they don't sort properly eg 1,11,111 instead of 1,2,3,4,5 etc
Is this how all the tags sort, is there a better tag I should use for sorting by index number?
I need them to sort naturally, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. 
By the look of your last message your preset will remove zeroes?

boroda

Hi boroda74, unless I misunderstand you......what I wanted to do was add zeroes to the numbers so that they will sort properly, not remove the zeroes.
 I have a whole lot of index numbers in the comments tags and they don't sort properly eg 1,11,111 instead of 1,2,3,4,5 etc
Is this how all the tags sort, is there a better tag I should use for sorting by index number?
I need them to sort naturally, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. 
By the look of your last message your preset will remove zeroes?
My mistake. But you can use preset partially to remove letters at the end of tag.

I need some time to think how your goal can be achived using regexp.

BeeBeeKing

thanks for your help.
Edit> by the way, i don't need to remove letters at the end of the tag, but I guess that may be handy for some other circumstance.
Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:08:05 PM by bluesbeat

boroda

Edit> by the way, i don't need to remove letters at the end of the tag, but I guess that may be handy for some other circumstance.
Eg in a field that contained  number one it would transfer as 00001, 11 to 00011, 111 to 00111, 10000abcdefg would become 10000.
Of course, this is unnessary for sorting only.

I didn't find the way to do what you want just in one step, but this is possible to do in 2 steps. Could you try these 2 presets? You should 1st apply 'Add 4 leading zeros...' preset, then 'Extract 5 least chars...' for the same selected tracks. Probably I'll implement later more than 1 possible step in 1 preset.

BeeBeeKing

i'm not near my home computer at the moment, but will try tonight , thank you

BeeBeeKing

That would seem to do the trick.
One last modification: Most of my comment tags have this in them-  number then text eg. 123 [space] text blah blah
Would it be possible to operate only on the numbers in the two step method above, but still leave the text in place?
That is, i want to end up with "04503 texttexttext".......in other words I don't want to remove any text.
I have copied all my comment tags to custon 3 just in case something goes wrong i can copy them back.
Also can you tell me if the custom tags in musicbee are actually written to the file or are they stored in musicbee?

thanks so much for your help.
EDIT: If there are no numbers at the start of the tag then nothing should be changed of course.
Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 03:30:58 PM by bluesbeat

boroda

That is, i want to end up with "04503 texttexttext".......in other words I don't want to remove any text.
Hmm... I thought you need to remove all text. I think its possble, but please confirm that you don't want to store 'index' and 'comment' in separate tags.

Also can you tell me if the custom tags in musicbee are actually written to the file or are they stored in musicbee?
Generally custom tags are strored in MB cache only unless you define some mapping to real tags. As far as I understand custom tag may be stored in real tag with any name, but other programs wont read such tags. Also its possible to map custom tag to any standard id3v2 or ape tag.