Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917476 times)

beeing good

My library is 172gb. The opening of the window is not the issue, it opens pretty much as soon as I've clicked on the the option in the menu. I don't know what's going on, just that nothing is saving and it crashes every time I try to close the window, no matter how long I've had the window open for.

I don't know what's going on with it, I guess I'll just have to give up, I can live without it.

boroda

My library is 172gb. The opening of the window is not the issue, it opens pretty much as soon as I've clicked on the the option in the menu. I don't know what's going on, just that nothing is saving and it crashes every time I try to close the window, no matter how long I've had the window open for.

I don't know what's going on with it, I guess I'll just have to give up, I can live without it.
The last question. After 'auto rate' window is opened you can do anything: change settings, run 'Auto rate now' and 'Calculate thresholds' commands, even 'Save settings'? But clicking on 'Close' button freezes MB?

beeing good

Yes, everything works fine as far as I can see except when I try to close the window.

I have noticed one other bug with it, when I change the percentages they often revert to 1 after I have put a number in a clicked away (to the next box).

boroda

Yes, everything works fine as far as I can see except when I try to close the window.
If you opens window and immediately closes it then the same happens? And if you close window by clicking 'X' button on the top right corner of window also? Very strange.

I have noticed one other bug with it, when I change the percentages they often revert to 1 after I have put a number in a clicked away (to the next box).
Its because you dont't tick 'Set stars if' checkbox first. But this is bug. I'll fix it.

boroda

beeing good, I've cleaned up source code for 'Auto rate' command (for my own reasons). Could you try latest version? But if it doesn't solve freezing UI, I probably can't help more.

beeing good

That's fixed it, no more crashes now. Thanks for the fix.

So...I have tried to set percentages and then press the calculate thresholds button but it results in 0 in all the boxes in the play count (before it set numbers in there). Sorry to be so stupid with this. As you can see from the playcount/custom9 field this results in seemingly random ratings. What am I doing wrong?

boroda

I need to see 'date added' and 'last played' tags also. 5-star rating is calculated rating (100% of ever played tracks in your case). 0-star is default rating for never played tracks. Track is considered to be never played even it was played, but is added to library today or yesterday. 'Plays per day' = ('Play count' - 'Skip count'') / ('Last played' - 'Date added'). If ('Last played' - 'Date added') < 1 day (i.e 0) then default rating is assigned. Actual percentage always is equal or more than desirable. Its more if most tracks have the same 'plays per day' value and its impossible to split library into groups on the basis of 'ppd'.

I can modify command so that ('Last played' - 'Date added') might be non-integer value, but this can help to differentiate only very recently added tracks or tracks that were played right after importing to library and were forgotten since that time. 
Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 01:53:40 AM by boroda74

beeing good

Ok thanks boroda, I will run it on the whole library and see how it works out after a while of building up some plays.
Thanks.

boroda

I've modified command so that ('Last played' - 'Date added') is now non-integer value. I think its right because 0/0 = 'unknown value' (never played tracks) and 1/0 = 'infinity' (high 'ppd' - recently added tracks). 'Unknown' is not equal 'infinity' :)

Also I've added some new options.

boroda

Added 'Settings' command which allows users to configure plugin. See 1st post on this topic for details.

boroda

New command is added. See 1st post on this topic for details.

percy74

I'm a bit late to the party here, but I thought I'd give some feedback on the auto-rating feature.  The formula seems a bit odd to me. Because it calculates the number of days between the date it was added, and the date it was last played, each track is rated on a different scale.  Here's an illustration of what I mean:

I set up MusicBee and imported all of my music files on Feb. 7 of this year.  That day I played a bunch of tracks.  Some of the tracks I played that day, I haven't played since.  It's now August 1, nearly 6 months later, but the plays per day for some of those tracks are very close to 1, which gives them the highest ratings in my library.  In most cases, I wouldn't give a higher rating to a track I've played once in the last 6 months, than to a track I've played, say, 20 times in the last 6 months.  I don't know if it's possible, but it would make sense to me to adjust the formula to (plays - skips)/(TodaysDate - DateAdded) so it would calculate the plays per day since the track was added, rather than between the date added and the last time it was played.

Other than that, it's awesome.  I'm still playing around with it, but love what I've discovered so far.  Great job!   :)
Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 12:26:30 AM by percy74

Maleko12

Hello! Unfortunately I had to remove this plugin... ever since I made auto-rate work from setup, it won't allow me to do anything else related to the plugin until it finishes... which, after a few days, still hasn't completed. I know I have a large library -- over 26,000 songs and just over 200GB worth of music-- but I don't think it should take that long to complete auto-rate. In addition, it also seems to have slowed MB to such a crawl that I have to use task manager to stop it. Finally, even if I uninstall and manually remove the plugin from the MB folder, if I reinstall the plugin (either beta or stable), auto-rate seems to start up again.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

I REALLY like this plugin and it saddens me that it will not work well with MB.

kstuart

The top post has a Stable download and a Beta download - but no indication of what the difference is - either in terms of version number or in terms of date or in terms of features.   There is a list of changes by date, but no indication of whether they apply to stable or beta...

And Banba is probably my least favorite Clannad. ;)

BeeBeeKing

Hi boroda,
I have been playing with your tagging plugin. I'm finding it very useful, thank you.
I have been using the command copy to another field.
My cd albums which I am ripping to mp3 all have  index numbers on them. What I want to do is copy all these from the index field to a field where they can be sorted on. eg custom 3 field. I have entered the album index number into the start of the comments field with my ripping program. They have been entered as 1,2,3,4,5, etc and as you would know, to sort them I should have had 00001,00002 etc. I need 5 digits to cover the amount of albums I may have in the future.

Is it possible to have a routine that will add preceding "0's" to the copied number to make the number up to say 5 digits and exclude any other information from the copied field. Eg in a field that contained  number one it would transfer as 00001, 11 to 00011, 111 to 00111, 10000abcdefg would become 10000.
I realize this is a big ask, but you don't know unless you ask.
Any other ideas on how to achieve this would be welcome. thanks.