Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917345 times)

ma_t14

I'm unable to run this plugin. I'm sure I'm missing something... I created a "Plugins" folder in my MB installation (C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins) but no "additional tagging tools" entry appeared in the "Tools\Tagging Tools" menu. If I go to Edit\Preferences\Plugins I get a program crash.
Try MB version from 1.2.4197 to 1.2.4210 (probably you are using more later version).

Steven, it seems that my plugin causes MB to crash when I try to use latest MB version.

It works for me with 1.3.4212  ::)
Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:24:07 PM by ma_t14

Steven

• Administrator
boroda74, the last change i made to the API was on 9-july
i tried out your last beta with the 1.3 version a couple of days ago and had no probs, so could you confirm its definitely not something changed on the tags plugin thats causing the probs.
if you feel it is definitely something changed on the MB side, what is the error you get and is there anything in the error log?

jrlx

Thanks for the help. I was using v 176. I have MB installed in two different PCs but this one was not updated to the latest version 212. I can now see the new menu entry and I can use the plug-in. However there's still a problem in the Edit\Preferences\Plugins configuration: I get two new entries (additional tagging tools and mb_tagtools.resources.dll). I can enable the first one but the second cannot be enabled and produces the following error message when I try to enable it:

"Unable to initialise this plugin:
Dll entry point: MusicBee.Plugin was not found"

Please note that I copied the three files in the zip to the Plugins folder in my MB installation.

boroda

boroda74, the last change i made to the API was on 9-july
if you feel it is definitely something changed on the MB side, what is the error you get and is there anything in the error log?
First of all I had a power failure :) Then I had a many steps to make MB work, the last step was full reinstall of last RC version, then I replaced exe with latest version (and this didn't work - plugin simply wasn't initialized and going to prefs/plugins crashed MB) then I replaced exe with 1.2.4210 and now all works. Also I've made some modifications of plugin.

I think I need some time to clear myself whats happening :)

boroda

However there's still a problem in the Edit\Preferences\Plugins configuration: I get two new entries (additional tagging tools and mb_tagtools.resources.dll). I can enable the first one but the second cannot be enabled and produces the following error message when I try to enable it:

"Unable to initialise this plugin:
Dll entry point: MusicBee.Plugin was not found"

Please note that I copied the three files in the zip to the Plugins folder in my MB installation.

It seems that you didnt keep folder structure unzipping archive. mb_tagtools.resources.dll should be in 'ru' subfolder of plugins folder and therefore shouldn't be displayed in prefs/plugins. You may ignore this "plugin" or you may delete this .dll (it used only for Russian localization of plugin and is anyway ignored if your regional settings in not Russian).

boroda

Is there a way to create an action that performs something like "Wipe unneeded tags"?
Lore
MB API doesn't provide function to delete tags. Possibly set_tag command is smart enough to delete tag at all if it has empty value. It better to ask Steven about this. If so you can copy some certainly empty tag (eg Custom9) to wiped tag for selected tracks. Also if its so I can allow to use <Empty value> source pseudo tag in copy command without the requirement to set custom text.

jrlx

It seems that you didnt keep folder structure unzipping archive. mb_tagtools.resources.dll should be in 'ru' subfolder of plugins folder and therefore shouldn't be displayed in prefs/plugins. You may ignore this "plugin" or you may delete this .dll (it used only for Russian localization of plugin and is anyway ignored if your regional settings in not Russian).

You are right. It's ok now. Thanks for the clarification.

cartman005

Is there a way to create an action that performs something like "Wipe unneeded tags"?
Lore
MB API doesn't provide function to delete tags. Possibly set_tag command is smart enough to delete tag at all if it has empty value. It better to ask Steven about this. If so you can copy some certainly empty tag (eg Custom9) to wiped tag for selected tracks. Also if its so I can allow to use <Empty value> source pseudo tag in copy command without the requirement to set custom text.

That's too bad. I agree that it would be a good feature. Maybe in the future.

VX

I've tested the latest beta of additional tagging tools plugin with MB 1.3.4212 and it seems to work as expected.
Note that when I ran it immediately after installation (namely after copying the *.dll to the Plugins subfolder) all the plugin commands were shown twice (Copy tag..., Swap tags..., Auto rate tracks ... and all the same below). Fortunately, when I close MB and restart the system the problem has gone.

phred

• Global Moderator
Maybe I lost track of how many stupid pills I took this morning, but I can't see the additional tools.  

I'm running MB 1.3.4213.  I dragged the 2011-07-14 beta dll from the zip and dropped it in g:\MusicBee\Plugins.  It's there and I see it.  I launch MB, click on TOOLS | Tagging Tools | Advanced and all that's there is "Synchronize Tags"

Am I looking in the right place for the advanced tagging tools?  

Thanks.
Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 01:59:58 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ma_t14

phred

• Global Moderator
GRRRRRrrrrr!!!
I -told- you I took too many stupid pills this morning.

No, of course it wasn't enabled in Preferences.  But now it is, and the additional tools are there.

I gotta find a way to get off these pills.

Thanks ma_t14
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
i've set up a topic to get peoples opinion about whether plugins should be enabled by default
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3956.0

boroda

Lore

That's too bad. I agree that it would be a good feature. Maybe in the future.

I dont think so. Currently API functions are intended to work with MB's interpretation of tags and this interpretation may be only partially mapped to tags in files, i.e. MB's tags can have different tag names for different file formats or may be stored in cache only. This is not intended for direct editing tags in files. Also there may be *a really many tags* stored in files that are invisible in MB interface at all.

I suggest that most useful feature for direct editing tags of files may be to implement tag inspector for multiple files.

boroda

I've tested the latest beta of additional tagging tools plugin with MB 1.3.4212 and it seems to work as expected.
Note that when I ran it immediately after installation (namely after copying the *.dll to the Plugins subfolder) all the plugin commands were shown twice (Copy tag..., Swap tags..., Auto rate tracks ... and all the same below). Fortunately, when I close MB and restart the system the problem has gone.
Yes, Steven, there is some bug. After upgrading to 1.3.4213 all commands were shown twice. But after restarting MB all is normal. Not a big problem for me, but may be it should be fixed.