Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917591 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda...

I just updated MB and AT&RT and am finding that when launching AS&R the 'action' buttons are all grayed-out.
The new DLL was placed in the plugins directory and overwrote the previous DLL. The presents were placed in MusicBee\AppData\ASR Presets. Obviously this makes it impossible to import the new presets per the update's instructions.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

phred, it's a visual glitch with your color scheme. actually, export/edit buttons are grayed-out on your screenshot, which is correct.

are you using "use skin colors" plugin option?

boroda

I knew you were going to take that too seriously - it really was just a comment and not a real request.  :)

I think this is just a DPI issue, but the new vertical scale is slightly off (the bottom OK/Cancel buttons are cut and the lower "replace" field for all 5 steps are also slightly sheared):

But other than that, the horizontal scaling works as expected.

what dpi scaling are you using? all is fine for me at 100% and 125%.

boroda

Messiaen, i can't reproduce this visual glitch (neither at 100% scaling nor at 125%), but i've tried to fix it. could you check if it's fixed now?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file
Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 07:16:50 PM by boroda

Messiaen

what dpi scaling are you using? all is fine for me at 100% and 125%.
I use 125% - all I can say is that previous versions rendered fine.  I can live with the slight cutoffs on the "replace" text boxes, but the main OK/Cancel buttons are rather important.  I have done all the usual tricks: restart MB, reinstall plugin, disable theme colours, restart system, etc., etc., but it remains the same.  The inconsistencies even remain when switching down to 100% DPI.  I should mention that this is a Win7 system, but again, all other versions rendered more-or-less fine.

Quote from: boroda
...but i've tried to fix it. could you check if it's fixed now?
Well, now the OK/Cancel buttons are only 50% cut-off, whereas before they were almost 80% missing, so they are "useable" at least.  Curiously the "replace" lines remain exactly the same.  I do understand the "if you can't reproduce it you can't fix it" dictum, so I can live with it and just suffer in my stubborn, and ever-shrinking, Win7 world. ;)

Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 07:46:23 PM by Messiaen

phred

• Global Moderator
phred, it's a visual glitch with your color scheme. actually, export/edit buttons are grayed-out on your screenshot, which is correct.
Okay - I see that the "white" buttons can be clicked.

are you using "use skin colors" plugin option?
No, but I am now. I assume this was due to your change making the window and fields scalable, yes?

Additionally, I've always had my presets in MusidBee\AppData\ASR Presets. Now when I try to import them, an error is thrown "Could not find a part of the path \MusicBee\Plugins\ASR Presets. I moved the to the "new" path and got them imported. But why all of a sudden did the path change?

And lastly, prior to your major rewrite of the plugin, the file names of the presets looked similar to "!{30a13189-7eb4-4f3b-9b42-c1af79a22555}.asr-preset.xml". After the rewrite, and importing the presets, the "original" file names were renamed to something more helpful like "Multiple search & replace.asr-preset.xml". After my current import all, both sets of presets are in the directory? So instead of have 111 presets, I have 222. Again, is this something I did incorrectly? How do I "convert" the original file name to the more understandable file name?

For clarification, I always update this plugin but opening the zip file and dragging the various components to the required directory. This has always worked prior to this update. Could this be the reason for all these issues I'm seeing?

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Messiaen

@phred,

For what it's worth, I always update by taking the ASR Presets folder (with the UUID-style names) directly from the ZIP file and placing it into the Plugins folder alongside the DLL itself.  Using the plugin's "install new" button will automatically transfer the updated presets (and conveniently change their names at the same time) into the appdata folder.  This method has never failed yet.  Essentially, there's no reason to ever touch the appdata ASR folder, let it manage itself.
Last Edit: June 03, 2023, 08:13:51 PM by Messiaen

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks Messiaen. I've just done as you suggested with the most recent plugin update and it behaves as you said. The question becomes, with two presets directories (\plugins\ASR Presets and \AppData\Presets) is there any reason to keep the directory that's under plugins? Especially seeing that it would be recreated when unzipping the next update.

Thanks again.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Messiaen

The question becomes, with two presets directories (\plugins\ASR Presets and \AppData\Presets) is there any reason to keep the directory that's under plugins?
Well, if you (like me) go mad sometimes and delete a bunch of unused presets (removing clutter makes finding the ones I use regularly much easier), the Plugins\ASR Presets folder still retains the original versions so they can be restored quickly without having to reinstall the plugin again.  If, on the other hand, you never delete superfluous presets, then I guess you don't need to keep the originals.

It's distantly related to the Chicken-And-The-Egg School of Philosophy.  :)

phred

• Global Moderator
It's distantly related to the Chicken-And-The-Egg School of Philosophy.  :)
Isn't everything?  :-)

I don't know if boroda is willing to add another filter option and icon, but adding an option to save "favorites" might be a nice addition. This would make it easier to find often used presets. Yes, the search field helps, but bookmarking a favorite would be really nice.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

No, but I am now. I assume this was due to your change making the window and fields scalable, yes?

Additionally, I've always had my presets in MusidBee\AppData\ASR Presets. Now when I try to import them, an error is thrown "Could not find a part of the path \MusicBee\Plugins\ASR Presets. I moved the to the "new" path and got them imported. But why all of a sudden did the path change?

And lastly, prior to your major rewrite of the plugin, the file names of the presets looked similar to "!{30a13189-7eb4-4f3b-9b42-c1af79a22555}.asr-preset.xml". After the rewrite, and importing the presets, the "original" file names were renamed to something more helpful like "Multiple search & replace.asr-preset.xml". After my current import all, both sets of presets are in the directory? So instead of have 111 presets, I have 222. Again, is this something I did incorrectly? How do I "convert" the original file name to the more understandable file name?

all this is strange because i've been changing UI/UX only during last month. i'll try to check this, but don't promise any solution.

The question becomes, with two presets directories (\plugins\ASR Presets and \AppData\Presets) is there any reason to keep the directory that's under plugins? Especially seeing that it would be recreated when unzipping the next update.

initially, "plugins\asr presets" was required because instructions for manual presets installation to "<mb app data>\asr presets" folder (in case of installer mb version) would be too sophisticated for many users, and rather simple instructions to install presets (alongside with plugin itself) to "program files\musicbee\plugins(\asr presets)" folder led to presets stored in windows-protected folder.

now (and already for a while), mb has "add plugin" button for automatic plugin installation to "<mb app data>\plugins" (always writable, not only for portable mb) folder.

now, i could remove the need for "plugins\asr presets" folder, but i'm not sure if it would be better than current implementation.

boroda

I use 125% - all I can say is that previous versions rendered fine.  I can live with the slight cutoffs on the "replace" text boxes, but the main OK/Cancel buttons are rather important.  I have done all the usual tricks: restart MB, reinstall plugin, disable theme colours, restart system, etc., etc., but it remains the same.  The inconsistencies even remain when switching down to 100% DPI.  I should mention that this is a Win7 system, but again, all other versions rendered more-or-less fine.

the problem is that i can't test the plugin using win7, i have only win10. i'll try to do something again to fix it, but i'm not sure, what i must try.

phred

• Global Moderator
now (and already for a while), mb has "add plugin" button for automatic plugin installation to "<mb app data>\plugins" (always writable, not only for portable mb) folder.

now, i could remove the need for "plugins\asr presets" folder, but i'm not sure if it would be better than current implementation.
As for my alleged issues, you can leave things as they are. I am now using the method Messiaen stated.

Perhaps I'm old school, but I've never used the "add plugin" button for installing new plugins. I just drag and drop to the appropriate directories.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

Well, now the OK/Cancel buttons are only 50% cut-off, whereas before they were almost 80% missing, so they are "useable" at least.  Curiously the "replace" lines remain exactly the same.  I do understand the "if you can't reproduce it you can't fix it" dictum, so I can live with it and just suffer in my stubborn, and ever-shrinking, Win7 world. ;)

try new version (notice that now you can also slightly enlarge preset editor window vertically, if new version doesn't work acceptably):

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

also, are there similar visual glitches in the main ASR window on your pc?

Messiaen

notice that now you can also slightly enlarge preset editor window vertically, if new version doesn't work acceptably)
Well, you fixed the "replace with" fields  :) , they are now spaced properly, but there's no change at all in the Ok/Cancel button cutoffs.  And no, the window doesn't enlarge vertically - the cursor changes (to "adjustable") when mousing over the top/bottom border, but it can't be dragged larger/smaller.  (Horizontal works as expected.)

Curiously (as an experiment), if I click the "maximise" button the preset window maximises horizontally, and tries to stretch vertically but doesn't quite make it all the way, again with no change to the buttons.

Quote from: boroda
also, are there similar visual glitches in the main ASR window on your pc?
They are not as pronounced - only a couple of overlaps in the "middle" panel, where the <Custom Text 3> and <Custom Text 4> fields are (but they are perfectly useable).  The rest of the main window is fine.  These particular glitches aren't recent, they have been there as long as I remember - I just never mentioned them as they are minor and never interfered with anything.

Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 07:13:31 AM by Messiaen