Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917157 times)

boroda

i've replaced search buttons by checkboxes. also, i've changed coloring algorithm for preset description: maybe it's not very great for my own color scheme, but it least it works acceptably for all color schemes i've tried (~10 schemes).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

hiccup

...it now looks much better using my current windows color scheme, but i must check new coloring using other color schemes. also, i've not yet added the check if new color is always correct (e.g. doesn't have negative color components). it seems that new color will be always correct, but i need to check this.
Things look fine to me.
Personally I wouldn't worry about making small adjustments for themes (skins).
I never use 'match MusicBee skin colours', since for most of the skins I use the AS&R panel then becomes ugly and pretty much unusable.
Complete skin support might be nice, but I think I recall that was not possible, or very complicated to do.
Not a problem, the default 'Windows theme' is working fine for me.

all tool tips for 'star', 'gear' and 'playlist' buttons are changed.
The option to filter on hotkey-assigned presets seems to be gone?
Is that intentional?
(also, the filter button for 'custom presets' has the pop-up balloon for 'hotkey-assigned')

boroda

Is that intentional?
(also, the filter button for 'custom presets' has the pop-up balloon for 'hotkey-assigned')
should be there. but i've already deleted the previous plugin version and can't check this. redownload plugin from the same link (i've made minor bug fixes).

hiccup

Is that intentional?
should be there. but i've already deleted the previous plugin version and can't check this. redownload plugin from the same link (i've made minor bug fixes).

Now there is no 'filter on custom presets' option anymore.
Was that removed intentionally?

boroda

custom presets? there was never such a filter. but i'll add it, it seems to be useful.

hiccup

custom presets? there was never such a filter. but i'll add it, it seems to be useful.
Ah yes, here's why I thought that:
Pretty much all my custom presets have keyboard-shortcuts, so if I wanted to see only my custom presets, I ticked the * filter button.
So in my mind it was a custom preset filter.
Adding an actual custom preset filter seems like a good idea to me.

boroda

i've added user preset and predefined preset filters (of course, you can untick both filters to view both user and predefined presets):

hiccup

i've added user preset and predefined preset filters
Doing a brief test, my user presets do not get filtered and are regarded (same) as predefined presets.

Could you explain the mechanics behind it a bit?
Does this maybe require a specific way how user presets should be imported?
(they were already present in this case, I updated the plugin by simply copying the new dll)
Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 03:30:00 PM by hiccup

boroda

suggest that these presets weren't loaded as user presets after changing preset format (".ASR Presest.xml" -> ".asr-preset.xml"). i was fiddling with old format loading during some time, now loading of old format presets must work fine, but your presets are already converted to new format.

to check that this is not a bug with presets list filtering, select one of your user presets and see if the label "user preset" below preset list is marked by a tick.

if you want to convert your old custom presets to "user presets" (to preserve them on any preset reinstalling/updating), just copy them one by one (every copy of any preset is always a user preset), and delete old custom presets.

-----------------------------

download new version - a bit more filters, and minor bug fixes:

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda...

I'm just catching up from the past few days. It appears that you've changed the filename of the presets. Is that intentional, and if so, why? They were so much easier to know which was with with actual -names- rather than whatever these are now...
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

predefined presets included in plugin zip are now named so that ASR always imports latest presets (no matter which presets are already stored in "local preset repository"/"preset distribution" folder - or how should i name this folder?) independently of their displayed names. but this concerns only presets stored in plugin .zip and in "plugins\asr presets\" folder (folder where ASR imports working presets from). any presets will be (re)installed to/updated in ASR working folder ("<mb appdata>\asr presets\"), or resaved in ASR working folder on saving ASR settings, using preset displayed names.

if you are manually copying presets from plugin .zip to ASR working folder ("<mb appdata>\asr presets\"), not using "install all"/"install new" buttons, then just open ASR and click "save all & close" to resave all presets in working folder using displayed names.

Messiaen

Jesus lads, I disappear into real-life-issues for a few weeks and all hell breaks loose here.  ;)

Boroda, not exactly a criticism, but I'm at a loss to see how you turned Hiccup's magnificent filtering mock-up into something that looks like Pac-Man...

I don't know what .NET calls them, but whatever happened to (WinAPI) ComboBox/Dropdownlist controls?  Granted, selecting combinations of filters is more difficult, but for quick and dirty filtering (without having to read 7 different tooltips), it's a lot more compact and readable than... Pac-Man.  The object here (or at least as I interpret Hiccup's suggestions) is to make it accessible to beginners.  Pac-Man is not for beginners.  :(

That aside, I have a suggestion/request about something else.  Since the ALR window has a little "Preset Not Saved" indicator that pops up when you edit something, could the ASR window have something similar?  Not for every little change (that would be too much to track), but principally when actual custom-presets are edited: Reg-ex lines, writable-tags, etc. Many times I have accidentally hit the close button (forgetting to save first) only to discover my mistake later.  Maybe a little modal popup that says "Modified Presets are Not Saved, are you sure you want to continue?"

Yes, I know, you can just tell me to always use "Save All & Close", but that button's not exactly in a logical position - maybe at least some kind of indication that saving's necessary?  As an extreme choice, maybe just auto-save everything and replace the save buttons with a simple Cancel button instead.
Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 11:36:14 AM by Messiaen

phred

• Global Moderator
if you are manually copying presets from plugin .zip to ASR working folder ("<mb appdata>\asr presets\"), not using "install all"/"install new" buttons, then just open ASR and click "save all & close" to resave all presets in working folder using displayed names.
Perfect! Thank you.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

Jesus lads, I disappear into real-life-issues for a few weeks and all hell breaks loose here.  ;)

Boroda, not exactly a criticism, but I'm at a loss to see how you turned Hiccup's magnificent filtering mock-up into something that looks like Pac-Man...

it seems that plugin uses wrong fonts on your pc. it's not what i see:

i've tried to fix this issue, could you check new plugin version using your windows/musicbee setup?

Messiaen

Nope, 5.6.8427 looks precisely the same.  I switched off the "Use skin colours" option (just in case) and the result is identical.  This machine is using Win7, so it's entirely possible that whatever symbolic font you're attempting to access is not installed.

(Although now the already small Listview text font is completely ignoring a 1.25 DPI setting, so it's gotten even smaller.  Oh joy.  But at least now I can see the character-descenders, so that's something.)
Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 09:40:47 PM by Messiaen