Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917209 times)

adac

this bug should be fixed now:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

:-[ Now there is no paste clipboard under keyboard shortcuts

However, it seems to work manually
Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 03:19:39 PM by adac

adac

hiccup

I am probably overlooking something very simple, but I can't figure this out at the moment:

I would like to create a function that writes a tag with a pre-defined value.
For example:
tag name: 'New tag'
pre-defined value: 'Some value'

So I am not trying to edit/create something by using some existing tag or values.
I just want to create a new tag with a pre-defined value.
(and have a shortcut for it)

hiccup

I would like to create a function that writes a tag with a pre-defined value.
Is it safe to assume this can not be done?

boroda

of course, it can be done. go to ASR, find preset "Example: Set tag", either modify it or better copy it and modify the copy: set <tag 1> to your 'New tag', set <custom text 1> to 'Some value', tick 'assign hotkey for this preset' checkbox (DO NOT TICK preset for AUTO APPLYING!), click 'save all & close', and restart mb. after mb restart go to prefs> hotkeys: "Tagging Tools: (magnifying glass): Example: Set tag". assign hotkey to it.

it's somewhat inconvenient and not obvious to assign hotkeys to ASR presets, but it's limitation of mb api  :-\

p.s. sorry for late answer, i don't know why, but several last days haven't been visiting plugin's board.

hiccup

of course, it can be done. go to ASR, find preset "Example: Set tag",
I went through the list of presets multiple times.
I don't understand how I could have missed it. Thanks.

boroda

i've modified plugin, so now it's not required to restart mb to assign hotkeys to asr presets (it turned out that it can be safely done using the current mb api). just tick 'assign hotkey for this preset' checkbox for all required presets, save asr settings (by clicking either 'save all' or 'save all & close' button), then go to edit> prefs> hotkeys. assign hotkeys to asr presets.

it's still required to restart mb if you have UNTICKED 'assign hotkey for this preset' checkboxes for some asr presets, and wanted the changes to take effect.

boroda

minor bugfixes and improvements, e.g. now asr presets with assigned hotkeys are also shown in both plugin menus (main menu and context menu):

iamambuser

Hi,
Just updated MB to 3.5.8384 and converting mmm:ss to hh:mm:ss didn't work for some files "syntax error". Went and updated to the latest ATRT version still get "syntax error". Looked at the stock "time" field and it's now set to hh:mm:ss.

boroda

interesting. could you upload somewhere one of problem tracks? don't upload it to file sharing site, such sites can block downloads if they detect copyrighted tracks. upload track to google drive, ms one drive, etc.

iamambuser

interesting. could you upload somewhere one of problem tracks? don't upload it to file sharing site, such sites can block downloads if they detect copyrighted tracks. upload track to google drive, ms one drive, etc.

Mostly I use that for podcasts. Some are longer than 1 hour and MB used to show them as mmm:ss instead of h:mm:ss which annoyed me. Maybe you could try http://feeds.feedburner.com/MarkusSchulzGlobalDJBroadcast since that has 2 hour episodes. When I updated that podcast ATRT showed a blank time field (custom 10 is what was assigned for me). When I tried to manually convert the time in ATRT, it showed a syntax error. It looks like anything over 60 minutes doesn't work.

boroda

which mb version are you using? because mb 3.5rc2 displays long "time" track property as hh:mm:ss (this is a relatively recent fix made by Steven), so i can't check this issue using your podcast. of course, i get "syntax error!" in this case, as it's not the expected format for that asr preset. i get correct conversion of mmm:ss format by asr preset if i enter that value manually to custom tag.

boroda

Steven was asked to implement this some time ago. i've done this in plugin: option to store "last skipped date/time". plugin saves it to any writable tag, but i'd recommend saving it to a custom tag.

install/update plugin, go to mb menu> edit> prefs> plugins> tagging tools> configure. see the button "save last skipped date..." at the bottom of plugin settings window.

Plugin strictly follows MusicBee convention of what is "skipped track".

To define date type of custom tag, open MusicBee menu> Edit> Preferences> Tags (1)> Define New Tags> Configure Fields. Find "Custom1" tag (or some other custom tag), change type to "Date":

Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 04:11:02 AM by boroda