Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917387 times)

hiccup

what do you mean by 'deletion'?
Deleting an existing tag completely.

I was aiming to create a keyboard shortcut that performed a sequence of steps, one being the deletion of a tag.
But I realise that when you remove the contents of a tag, MusicBee will delete that tag at saving.

So I created a preset 'delete tag' that writes 'null' to a tag, so at saving it gets deleted.

Case closed ;-)

off-topic:
Two presets starting with "Generate 'Dispalyed…' have 'Displayed' misspelled.

boroda

Two presets starting with "Generate 'Dispalyed…' have 'Displayed' misspelled.
thanks, it's fixed

codingduo

Thank you boroda for pointing out the issue with the translations! I didn't know that. Deltetd the folder as sugessted and it works now.

Would it possible to increase the amount of assignable hotkeys from 10 to maybe 50? That would be awesome!

boroda

it's not so easy because every hotkey requires dozen of new lines of code in plugin, there is no universal solution (that's how support for hotkeys implemented in mb api). maybe 20 hotkeys is sufficient?

codingduo

i've increased the number of asr hotkeys to 20:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

That's very nice boroda, thank you! That already helps a little. The reason I could need that much hotkeys is, that I have a little controller called StreamDeck. I want to assign my genres and subgenres to its keys, so I can tag my library more quickly. It can send keycommands, therefore my request. I also experimented with an old android tablet and a software called Touch Portal which also allows you to make some buttons on your tablet to trigger hotkeys for example.

adac

Hello Boroda,

Is there a way to access the ten possible configurations for "COPY TAGS TO CLIPBOARD" via shortcut?
I currently only see the option of using a shortcut to access the last run and then switch it manually. I think it would be easier and faster to work with direct access. Is just an idea...

Best wishes
adac

gaiastar

Hi @boroda

can the plugin work and keep musicbee full portable?
just becase i have a portable version when i have at work
amazing plugin
thanks a lot
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

boroda

Is there a way to access the ten possible configurations for "COPY TAGS TO CLIPBOARD" via shortcut?
I currently only see the option of using a shortcut to access the last run and then switch it manually. I think it would be easier and faster to work with direct access. Is just an idea...
for now, no, there isn't. maybe i'll make this later.

can the plugin work and keep musicbee full portable?
just becase i have a portable version when i have at work
yes, of course. i'm using mb portable (and all my plugins with mb portable) from the beginning.

boroda

adac

Wow.  :o  With later I thought soon sometime. I've set up two keyboard shortcuts as a test. In some cases, the result from the first process is entered in the field for the second process. Something doesn't seem to be working properly there. can you watch this again

Thank you in advance for your quick and helpful work.

adac

First of all, thanks boroda, I'll take a look at it again tomorrow. I saw one small mistake. The keyboard shortcuts say "Clipbiard" instead of "Clipboard".

boroda

I saw one small mistake. The keyboard shortcuts say "Clipbiard" instead of "Clipboard".
:) it's fixed. redownload plugin from the same link before testing it, because hotkeys will be reset after plugin update.

adac

I saw one small mistake. The keyboard shortcuts say "Clipbiard" instead of "Clipboard".
:) it's fixed. redownload plugin from the same link before testing it, because hotkeys will be reset after plugin update.

Unfortunately still the first problem. I'll try to describe it again in more detail. I assigned the first shortcut with ALBUM and a second with TITLE. If I now copy the first one (ALBUM), it will be inserted correctly into another file. If I copy the next (TITLE) now, it will be pasted into the previous field (ALBUM) when I paste it. I also tried it with a third customer (LISTE) and this is also entered under ALBUM. It appears as if the selected field is not set.

By the way, I temporarily copied the data to a text file to check whether the data ended up correctly on the clipboard. Everything seems to have been adopted here.