Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917296 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Just to confirm - this was with .flac files as well, correct ?
flac, mp3 and ogg and various combinations of them.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

alec.tron

flac, mp3 and ogg and various combinations of them.
Thanks muchly for testing. (which Advanced Tag & Reporting Tool version are you using, out of curiousity ? Not 100% certain if I am on the latest version Boroda published... and that could be a last option to try - as that's so odd that I get a random mix of absolute as well as properly parsed (star count) values from rating fields.)

Churs.
c.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Not 100% certain if I am on the latest version Boroda published...
Not certain it's the latest one either but I'm using 5.2.7863
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
Same one in use here. I assume it is the latest boroda published.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

Not 100% certain if I am on the latest version Boroda published...
I believe the most recent version is 5.2.7865
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3833.msg199916#msg199916

Phaedrus

I've been having trouble backing up my tags for a while, but I just had a bit of a scare and feel like I need to fix it. I get this message when I try to backup my tags; (My current signature has been updated to reflect my current setup.) I can't believe my library is too big. In my search I didn't see anything specific to my issue.

5/14/2022 11:56:54 PM - 10.0.22000.0 - 3.4.8033.18564D - System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
  at System.Text.StringBuilder..ctor(String value, Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Int32 capacity)

I have been unable to run a full backup for quite some time, but this is my current status. I was trying to clean up my file structure, and ran into an issue where MuscBee wouldn't start at all. I may not have a fully standard setup, but damned if I know what's really different. I restored an older version of my ini file and I don't see any lost information. I fully admit that I may have caused most of these issues on my own trying to customize file locations, but damned if I can remember doing anything out of the ordinary.

I'm sure I've done something odd but for the life of me, I can't figure out what. Any pointer on where to look are most appreciated. Am I just hitting raw system limitations? I've been looking for an excuse to upgrade, but I am hoping to limp along for at least a few more months so I can buy at least second gen new OS. Thanks, y'all rock!
Dell Inspiron, i5, 16GB, 256GBSSD
Windows 11 Preview
MusicBee 3.5.8447, standard install on C:\
Library on External drive;
293,621 Tracks, 18,393 Albums, 4461.93GB, 850d 12:20

Topping D10 32bit 384 kHz USB DAC
O2 Headphone Amplifier
beyerdynamic DT770M 80 ohm
Crossfade M-100 Master Over-Ear

phred

• Global Moderator
How are you doing the backup?

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Phaedrus

I would have sworn I put that in there. I'm using the "Additional Tagging Tools" Backup and restore. I'm trying to create a new baseline.

I was a bit panicked because I could not find my database files. Turns out my Database files are in the Windows "Music" special folder, which maps to C:\Users\<Me>\Music. I now have that backed up to my OneDrive using "MusicBee/File/Library/Backup Library."
Windows 11 Preview

O2 Headphone Amplifier

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm using the "Additional Tagging Tools" Backup and restore. I'm trying to create a new baseline.
Thanks. I've never been happy with using AT&RT's backup function. Despite every else that boroda has done with that plugin, the back was always sketchy in its performance. I admit that I haven't tried it in years, so if I have some time later today, I'll test it.

Are you certain the plugin is installed properly?
Has it every worked for you?
Do you use the other functions of the plugin?

Boroda hasn't been on the forum in quite some time, but I'm going to merge this with the AT&RT thread to increase the chances that others who may use its backup function can jump in with suggestions.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Phaedrus

I use additional tagging tools so much that I forget that it's a plugin and not part of MusicBee. In fact, I was close to ditching MusicBee until I found it. The stuff that works is <Chef's Kiss>. To answer the questions;

I'm never certain about anything, so I removed and reinstalled the latest version.
I think my most recent successful backup was in the beginning of 2021, so it worked at one time.
I use the other features of Advanced tagging constantly. Especially "Advanced Find and Replace," "Reports," and "copy / Paste tags."

I was poking around and created a temporary library to test with. That one worked perfectly. I must be running into a limit based on my library size. It would explain why it worked just fine for a while; my library continues to grow.
Windows 11 Preview

O2 Headphone Amplifier

AisSora

Greetings everyone,

So I'm quite new to MB, or rather new to tagging and actually taking care of my library  :P
I have artists in the artist field separated by a column ( ; ) and I noticed that a bunch of my album artist tags being empty; I know of the existence of the copy tag functionality, however, I would like it to be where I only copy the first artist as the album artist, I've looked for a bit for an answer on this, but I couldn't find one, probably due to my lack of knowledge on mb and this plugin.

So for the wizards in the forum, is this possible? and if so, please let me know how ^^

Edit:

I was able to do it through a custom preset:
https://ibb.co/2j1XwQW
Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 02:14:51 AM by AisSora

boroda

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with the syntax in Advanced Search & Replace to move featured artists from the title and to the Artist tag?

before:
Title = Cool Song feat. Artist X, Artist Y & Artist Z
Artist = Superstar

after
Title = Cool Song
Artist = Superstar feat. Artist X, Artist Y & Artist Z

Thanks!

redownload plugin, import new presets, find "Extract featuring artists from track title and add them to the (Guest) 'Artist' tag - 'Title <Custom text 1> <Artist1> <Custom text 2> <Artist2>' format" preset.

boroda

save 'average count' to custom tag (or assign virtual tag function id) only if <loved>='L'

Thanks for the assist. Unfortunately, I'm having some trouble interpreting the numbers.
For example, I have an album with four loved tracks and nineteen total tracks.
If I include <Loved> in the GROUPING, I get two rows of the album, one showing .07 (1/15) and the other .25 (1/4). The interpretation of this is 1 album divided by 15 tracks (not <Loved>) and 1 album divided by 4 tracks (<Loved>).
If I don't include <Loved> in the GROUPING, I get one row, but the number .11. I'm not sure how this one is calculated.

EDIT: How can I process the Report so that the combined track count per album (for example, 19) divided by the <Loved> track count per album (for example, 4)?
[/quote]

you missed this my note:
save 'average count' to custom tag (or assign virtual tag function id) only if <loved>='L'
and *include* loved in grouping.

boroda

Hello, I'm trying out ASR for the first time but maybe I'm missing something completely.  I want to find tracks with a certain phrase in their title and then add a track number to that track.

This doesn't seem to work.  Am I just way off here?  Is there any easier way to accomplish this?

you better try mb native search & replace or plugins multiple search & replace. asr wont help you in this case.

boroda

I already made a post in this board but I did not specify the plugin with which I suppose this process could be automated, that's why I suppose the topic was moved to the questions board.

My idea is to split the artists with a "Seach & Replace" searching for commas in the artist field and replacing it with semicolons to have the artists separated since now I have them with a comma (for example "Gunna, Playboi Carti"). But the problem is I don't know how to automate the process of changing the display artist field to make it only the first artist, that is, only "Gunna". This way I have read in other posts that last.fm will read the display artist which will be "Gunna" and will not read "Gunna, Playboi Carti".

Is there a way to automate this process with the Additional Tagging & Reporting plugin?

I hope someone can help me, thanks!
step 1: search for , replace by ; for tag artist
step 2: search for ^(.*?),.* in artist tag replace by $1 for display artist tag
Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 06:30:24 PM by boroda