Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917300 times)

iamambuser

Updated MB to 3.5.8150 and AT&RT to 5.2.7865 but still disappears after restart.

phred

• Global Moderator
Updated MB to 3.5.8150 and AT&RT to 5.2.7865 but still disappears after restart.
Unfortunately you may have to wait for boroda (plugin developer) to take a look at this. Even more unfortunately, boroda hasn't been on the forum for quite some time. 
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

iamambuser

Unfortunately you may have to wait for boroda (plugin developer) to take a look at this. Even more unfortunately, boroda hasn't been on the forum for quite some time.  

Looked at boroda's profile, says he's in Moscow, so I guess I'm SOL.

Dalinar

is there any documentation for this thing aside from the readme? I haven't read this thread as it is quite long.

also the readme hints that tags can be applied when new files are added to the inbox, does anyone know how to configure that?

phred

• Global Moderator
is there any documentation for this thing aside from the readme? I haven't read this thread as it is quite long.
What you see is what you get.

also the readme hints that tags can be applied when new files are added to the inbox, does anyone know how to configure that?
If you tick the box for a preset, it gets automatically applied.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Dalinar

If you tick the box for a preset, it gets automatically applied.
[/quote]

so there is no way to apply it just to inbox files? the docs says something about applying to the inbox and files that are modified also.

phred

• Global Moderator
so there is no way to apply it just to inbox files?
Not that I have found.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

alec.tron

Hm, I know that Boroda74 hasn't been around for a wee while (hope all is OK!).
But maybe else has encountered this:
For 3+ years I've had a (for me complicated) regex script Boroda helped me with.
Now, after upgrading to Musicbee 3.5 an issue that occassionally occured (i.e. in dozens to 100s of uses per month, it occurred once every 3-6 months but always had me stumped, and always was on a very few files - with no pattern I have noticed...), and this has now become a constant after updating.

So what the 'script' is meant to do:
- it's based on one of the default combine scripts
- it's meant to take the rating (star) value [with half-stars] as numerical [not the actual numerical rating value - which it always just worked, regardless of the format - since id3 & vorbis have different absolute rating values, I assumed this was some magic musicbee api bit inbetween that was converting this correctly...]
- then, take a numeric value from a second [custom] field (call 'Energy' that could have values from 0 -10)
- then combine the 2 with a ' - ' inbetween and write them to 2 other fields (so '10 - 5' would be the resulting tag value for a 5 star rated track, with an Energy value of 10...)

What it now does:
- the energy value gets always written correctly still
As for the weird bits:
- the star value now gets written as:
   - sometimes the numerical value (only on flac files, I have not seen this happen on id3 tags, so a vorbis rating of 60 for a 3 star track, 20 for a 1 star track, etc pp)
   - sometimes the rating value gets written as 1 (regardless of the actual rating / star value)
- on top, IF the rating value gets written as 1, the [custom text 1] ' - ' always gets written twice [minus a ' '...], resulting in '10 - - 1' [instead of '10 - 5']

So, in the above example track [with 10 & 5 respectively] I may end up with '10 - - 1' or,  ' 10 - 100'
I'm a tad lost there.

If anyone spots anything off here - and feels like helping - I would love to fix this up again....
I'll add a screenshot of both ASR Windows as well:
--------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------

Also - could it be that with MB 3.5 there's something that changed, and therefore ASR Scripts would need to be adjusted ?
Did anyone encounter issues with old ASR presets after switching to 3.5 ?
Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 03:03:08 PM by alec.tron

phred

• Global Moderator
Did anyone encounter issues with old ASR presets after switching to 3.5 ?
While I'm sorry that I can't help with the issue you're experiencing, I can say with certainty that all the original presets, and the few custom ones that I created, are working as expected with 3.5.
Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 11:04:48 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

alec.tron

While I'm sorry that I can't help with the issue you're experiencing, I can say with certainly that all the original presets, and the few custom ones that I created, are working as expected with 3.5.
Thanks for the feedback! I only tested a few, but couldn't produce any issues either... makes it all the more odd why it would suddenly break completely...
c.

alec.tron

While I'm sorry that I can't help with the issue you're experiencing, I can say with certainly that all the original presets, and the few custom ones that I created, are working as expected with 3.5.
Could you do me a favour and test the default ASR combine script (i.e. "Combine tags '<Tag 1>', '<Tag 2>' placing between them <Custom text 1> and write result in '<Tag 3>'.") with a mixture of rated tracks, and set <Tag 1> as from 'Rating' [ideally on a mix of formats as well (but, multiples of the same - as I even see mixed behaviour on tracks from the very same album... and flac/vorbis seems to be the culprit here... )] and then do a preview in ASR window.

Do you then:
- see a consistent number for 'Rating' equal to the 'stars' shown for the rating ?
- or a consistent number equal to the numeric value of the rating tag field [0, 10, 20, etc for vorbis, 0, 32, 64, etc for id3] ?
- or a mixture ?

For me mp3/id3 are consistent still & working as before, i.e. the queried rating value then is 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 [= the 'star' rating...], etc not the numeric value i.e. 0, 32, 64, etc in the ASR preview...
But for .flac/vorbis files, I get a mixture of numeric values [0, 10, 20, etc for vorbis], as well as only '-1' (no matter the actual rating, either in 'stars' or numeric values) in the result from ASR - even with the default combine script... [and turns out Boroda helped with another one... my version is pretty much just a copy of the default 2 value combine, writing to 2 fields...]

Cheers.
c.
Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 10:41:30 PM by alec.tron

phred

• Global Moderator
Could you do me a favour and test the default ASR combine script (i.e. "Combine tags '<Tag 1>', '<Tag 2>' placing between them <Custom text 1> and write result in '<Tag 3>'.") with a mixture of rated tracks, and set <Tag 1> as from 'Rating' [ideally on a mix of formats as well (but, multiples of the same - as I even see mixed behaviour on tracks from the very same album... and flac/vorbis seems to be the culprit here... )] and then do a preview in ASR window.
Sorry, but I do not rate my tracks. Nor do I have any flac tracks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

alec.tron

Sorry, but I do not rate my tracks. Nor do I have any flac tracks.
Thanks & no worries!
If anyone else could have a try to see if this is repeatable behaviour, that would be awesome, just to see if this is a general issue or a local one...
Cheers.
c.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Thanks & no worries!
If anyone else could have a try to see if this is repeatable behaviour, that would be awesome, just to see if this is a general issue or a local one...
Cheers.
c.

@alec.tron
Tried that preset combining ratings with a few different number fields and had no problems.
Also couldn't see any differences between your regex fields and what I'm using straight from ATRT
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

alec.tron

Tried that preset combining ratings with a few different number fields and had no problems.
Also couldn't see any differences between your regex fields and what I'm using straight from ATRT
Thanks a lot for double checking!!
Just to confirm - this was with .flac files as well, correct ?
Cheers.
c.