Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917301 times)

hiccup

…the only preset I found that could write to the virtual tags was the Example: Write result of virtual tag expression defined in <Custom text 1> to <Tag 2>. In the rest, these are simply not showing up in the dropdown menu. Probably doing something wrong, but what? :)
Presets are there to make some common operations available, but more importantly, they have the purpose to be an example and can be used as a template (copy them) to create a preset that does specifically what you want.
So you would either need to learn how to create such a preset yourself, or ask others to help you with it.

Johan_A_M

Presets are there to make some common operations available, but more importantly, they have the purpose to be an example and can be used as a template (copy them) to create a preset that does specifically what you want.
So you would either need to learn how to create such a preset yourself, or ask others to help you with it.
Absolutely, I'm with you on this. However, if I reformulate my question, how come that some presets (on my setup, only Example: Write result of virtual tag expression defined in <Custom text 1> to <Tag 2>) list all virtual tags in the <tag 1> drop-down, while all others don't? For example, I'm trying to use your recent preset for adding values to tags, but Artist:Performer simply isn't there.

hiccup

I'm sorry, my computer says she's tired.
I'm sure other members can provide some suggestions. Else I'll take a look in a few days.

Johan_A_M

I'm sorry, my computer says she's tired.
I'm sure other members can provide some suggestions. Else I'll take a look in a few days.
Let her sleep  :-*

hiccup

If you look at the tags of a file using the Tag Inspector you will see that the tags that contain the values you are looking for are TMCL for id3v2, and 'performer' for vorbis comments.
It also shows the correct formatting. (the use of delimiters and brackets)
So these are the tags that AT&RT would need to write to.

edit:

Taking a second, and a better look at this, I am guessing that if AT&RT could do this, you would just need to select 'Artists: Performer' and the plugin would take care of correct formatting for both id3v2 and vorbis.

I never tried to do this myself (I am using Picard to write these tags and have no need to make alterations afterwards), but giving it a better look I am now not so sure this can be done.
While AT&RT seems to know these performers tags and can read them, I don't see them being available to write to.

Hopefully somebody with a deeper knowledge of AT&RT can chip in.
The best would be boroda himself, but as phred mentioned earlier, he has been absent from the forum for a long time, and also hasn't responded to pm's.
Let's hope he is well.
Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 06:14:36 PM by hiccup

anywaysayhi

I wanted to use Library Report to show play counts of each artist (not only displayed artist but every artist in the <Artists>), just like the playcounts shown under artist picture in music explorer of musicbee. However, as shown in the screenshot above, it fails to seperate each artist in <Artists>. What am I supposed to change to achieve it?

I want to generate a report in the form of:
Artist Playcount
Alice Sara Ott 150
Franz Liszt 100
Maurice Ravel 10
Munchner Philharmoniker 10
Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 03:53:12 PM by anywaysayhi

frankz

I think you want "Artists" there or one of the variations. Experiment to see which one gives the results you want.

EDIT: I just tried it on mine an Artists: Artist seems to give the results you want.
Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 05:35:49 PM by frankz

anywaysayhi

I think you want "Artists" there or one of the variations. Experiment to see which one gives the results you want.

EDIT: I just tried it on mine an Artists: Artist seems to give the results you want.

Thank for your advice but seems like neither "Aritists" nor "Artists: Artist" achieves it. Here is the screeshot of "Artists: Artist"

Here is how I tag <Artists> one example:

I am still trying to figure it out.

barlet

This error was created this morning. Up till yesterday, everything was fine
MusicBee v3.5.8135.36838P  (Win10.0), 15 Apr 2022 14:20:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin.InitializeComponent()
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin..ctor(Plugin TagToolsPluginParam, PluginInfo aboutParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Configure(IntPtr panelHandle)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=zlzGadM3B9bXeaXFUig==.#=zENO5D_Q=(IntPtr #=zBcSYWJaalro8)

I found out the culprit behind this error:

If one enables Quick Tagger by A100X, it will interfere with Additional Tag Tools by boroda.Tthe additional tag tools would not load and would produce the error posted above.

iamambuser

Just updated to 3.5beta and AT&RT vanished. Clicking "configure" gives

MusicBee v3.5.8146.38239D  (Win10.0), 25 Apr 2022 8:21:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin.InitializeComponent()
   at MusicBeePlugin.SettingsPlugin..ctor(Plugin TagToolsPluginParam, PluginInfo aboutParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.Configure(IntPtr panelHandle)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at #=zFATgFjBdBS9YrWXGWg==.#=zhhGt68w=(IntPtr #=zTJWEEq3dlH_v)

Tried disabling all other plugins (last.fm (already disabled, don't use), cd art display (already disabled, don't use), lyrics reloaded, media control, taskbar tidbits, theater mode) and restarting but still no AT&RT and same error message. Tried complete uninstall (clicked uninstall, closed MB, deleted AT&RT files from plugin folder) and reinstall. Works until I restart MB and then vanishes and gives same error.

phred

• Global Moderator
Are you certain that you have AT&RT installed in the proper directories?
The dll needs to be in \MusicBee\Plugins
The entire ASR Presets directory needs to be in \MusicBee\AppData.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

iamambuser

Are you certain that you have AT&RT installed in the proper directories?
The dll needs to be in \MusicBee\Plugins
The entire ASR Presets directory needs to be in \MusicBee\AppData.

Yes I believe so. Per plugin's homepage install directions
Installation and Usage

Extract content of archive to plugins sub-folder of MusicBee installation folder (e.g. to "C:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins"). See "Tools> Tagging Tools" menu. To configure plugin go to "Edit> Preferences> Plugins".

Then, under "Advanced Search and Replace" click "Import All". Looked in C:\Users\XXXXX\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee and ASR Presets is there.

hiccup

Just updated to 3.5beta and AT&RT vanished.
Are you using the latest version of the plugin?
(mine shows 5.2.7865, I think it is from around nov/dec last year)

iamambuser

Just updated to 3.5beta and AT&RT vanished.
Are you using the latest version of the plugin?
(mine shows 5.2.7865, I think it is from around nov/dec last year)

Downloaded from plugin homepage "mb_TagTools_2021-07-11.zip"

hiccup

Downloaded from plugin homepage "mb_TagTools_2021-07-11.zip"
It's a bit confusing to me what is the latest version and when it was released.

Here: https://getmusicbee.com/addons/plugins/49/additional-tagging-amp-reporting-tools/
it says: "Updated on November 20, 2021, 5:55 am"
But if you download it from there, you indeed get one that is dated July 11th 2021.

If you download it from forum post #2386, you get one dated July 14th 2021, so slightly newer.

Anyway, I don't think your issue would be related to using one of those versions.