Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 929844 times)

The Incredible Boom Boom

Thanks for posting this! It does correctly remove the "feat. Artist A" from the title. Unfortunately the resulting Artist fields now show the original artist and then the entire song title afterwards.

Is there any sort of guide on the coding language? I'm trying to back my way into understanding but it's been tough.

I never responded to this - sorry!
If you haven't already figured it out, the AT&T plugin uses regular expressions to manipulate text.
Try this in Step 1 and Step 3.

Code
Step 1
Search: ^[\s\S]*?\sfeat\.\s([\s\S]*?$) in tag: Title
Replace: $1 in tag: (check the box) Artist

Step 3
Search: ^[\s\S]*?(\sfeat\.\s[\s\S]*?$) in tag: Title
Replace: $1 in tag: (check the box) Artist (displayed)

Hello, I'm trying out ASR for the first time but maybe I'm missing something completely.  I want to find tracks with a certain phrase in their title and then add a track number to that track.

This doesn't seem to work.  Am I just way off here?  Is there any easier way to accomplish this?

I think you need to move to "replace with:" part in Step 2 to Step 1.

My idea is to split the artists with a "Seach & Replace" searching for commas in the artist field and replacing it with semicolons to have the artists separated since now I have them with a comma (for example "Gunna, Playboi Carti"). But the problem is I don't know how to automate the process of changing the display artist field to make it only the first artist, that is, only "Gunna". This way I have read in other posts that last.fm will read the display artist which will be "Gunna" and will not read "Gunna, Playboi Carti".

Is there a way to automate this process with the Additional Tagging & Reporting plugin?

Try this.

Code
Step 1
Search: \, in tag: Artist
Replace: ; in tag: Artist

Step 2
Search: \,[\s\S]*$ in tag: Artist (displayed)
Replace:  (leave blank) in tag: Artist (displayed)

VadimBerkut

Autorating process takes too long (about 3 hours). Is that normal? My music collection is about 26k songs in FLAC, and it storages on external hard drive as well as my portable Musicbee. I chose Rating tag as basic in plugin preferences and unticked store ratings in music files function in Musicbee itself. What could be wrong?

sgarciaesteban

Try this.

Code
Step 1
Search: \, in tag: Artist
Replace: ; in tag: Artist

Step 2
Search: \,[\s\S]*$ in tag: Artist (displayed)
Replace:  (leave blank) in tag: Artist (displayed)

I have managed to do step 1 with the normal musicbee search & replace. But for step 2, I have no experience of Advanced Search & Replace and have tried this in various ways but got nothing. What I want is for the program to take the first ARTIST field (since there are now two fields, an ARTIST field for each artist) and copy it into the DISPLAY ARTIST field. Thank you

The Incredible Boom Boom

I have managed to do step 1 with the normal musicbee search & replace. But for step 2, I have no experience of Advanced Search & Replace and have tried this in various ways but got nothing. What I want is for the program to take the first ARTIST field (since there are now two fields, an ARTIST field for each artist) and copy it into the DISPLAY ARTIST field. Thank you

Can you provide an exact example of how your tags (use the Tag Inspector) and how you want them to look?
Didn't multiple artists already exist in the <Artist (displayed> tag?

...since now I have them with a comma (for example "Gunna, Playboi Carti")

jan_axhell

Hello, I'm getting Out of Memory Exception when I try to Backup tags for all tracks.
I have 32 Gb of RAM and about 22% is being used when this happens.
The process starts, then between 30-40 % it halts giving error.
Code
16/09/2021 19:22:34 - 10.0.19043.0 - 3.4.7805.33439D - System.OutOfMemoryException: Generata eccezione di tipo 'System.OutOfMemoryException'.
   in System.Collections.Generic.SortedSet`1.AddIfNotPresent(T item)
   in System.Collections.Generic.TreeSet`1.AddIfNotPresent(T item)
   in System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
   in MusicBeePlugin.BackupType.setValue(String valueParam, Int32 trackId, Int32 tagId)
   in MusicBeePlugin.BackupIndex.saveBackup(String backupName, String statusbarText, Boolean isAutocreatedParam)
   in MusicBeePlugin.BackupIndex.saveBackupAsync(Object parameters)
   in #=zlFwaJ1S_oYR_8J8laA==.#=zyNO4kjvnVZVY6HOBVD_9GiRtxZo6os9OGA==(Object #=zK7i1NeE=)

Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 06:56:48 PM by jan_axhell

SonicRings

Can you help me in calculating the total duration based on track length and play count? (Track duration x play count)

I'm not sure how to do this. Tried this so far but this doesn't work: $AddDuration(<Play Count>,<Time>)

I want it to show 0:00 (or nothing) when the play count is 0, since, well, no time was spent listening to the song.

As well, I want it to show the sum of the time listened to all highlighted tracks, so if I highlight an album of 100 minutes where I've listened to every track 10 times, for example, it will show 1000 minutes time listened.

I made a post about it here https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=35695.msg195187#msg195187 but it might be better asking here.
Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 12:07:24 PM by SonicRings

SonicRings

Another question: is it possible to add a newline/line break to a tag? And if so, how?

khordy

Hello,

I've been exploring the Additional Taggint Tools but have not been able to copy between tags. For my test I'm trying to copy the content of "Custom13" tag to "Custom14". When using the "copy tag" functionality I set both tags as origin and destination of the copy. When I press the "Preview" button everything seems to work fine and "New tag value" is updated with the value in "Custom13" as shown in the following image.

But when I push the "Proceed" button nothing happens. There is no error message or any other indication, but the copy is not performed and the "Custom14" tag is not update with the value of "Custom13".
I have tried to do the same with the "Advanced Search & Replace" function, which also has a perset for copying between tags, but the result is the same, no action is performed.

Does anybody know if I'm doing something wrong? The function seems very straightforward and easy to understand, but you never know...

Thanks in advance.

hiccup

I've been exploring the Additional Taggint Tools but have not been able to copy between tags.
Have you been using the plugin before on other functions that do work o.k.?
What file format are the files in question? Anything special about them?
Are these custom tags written to the files or to MB's database?

What MB version and type of install?

My only explanation for now for this rather straightforward function not working would be some corruption in the plugin installation.
Perhaps remove it, rescan your library, and try a clean install?
Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 05:34:11 PM by hiccup

phred

• Global Moderator
Are these custom tags written to the files or to MB's database?
My guess is that this is the issue. From what I can tell, a lot of people creating custom tags don't understand the difference between saving to MB's database and re-purposing an unused tag.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

My guess is that this is the issue. From what I can tell, a lot of people creating custom tags don't understand the difference between saving to MB's database and re-purposing an unused tag.
Still, surely both should work fine here?
I only asked the question to possibly narrow down what the issue could be here.

frankz

I'm not in front of it right now, but isn't there another button like "save all" or "save and close" that you have to click?

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm not in front of it right now, but isn't there another button like "save all" or "save and close" that you have to click?
The tags are written in real-time. The "save all" and "save all and close" buttons save the AS&R settings that may have been changed during the session. For instance - it saves the column width of the preview window. Or the AS&R window location on the desktop. At least that's been my experience.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Still, surely both should work fine here?
I only asked the question to possibly narrow down what the issue could be here.
I'm not sure. I never use the "save to mb's database" for custom tags. But it seemed like a good possibility as to a cause.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

khordy

Thanks everyone for the answers.

The problem finally got solved after playing around the "Uninstall", "Enable", "Disable" options of the plugin. I'm not sure which was the specific action which solved the problem as I pushed all the options for the plugin repeatedly. Probably disabling and enabling the plugin did the work. Everything works fine now!

Thanks again.