Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917250 times)

boroda

new plugin version:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

now ASR presets can calculate any expression valid for virtual tag without creation of virtual tag. see preset "Example: Write result of virtual tag expression defined in <Custom text 1> to <Tag 2>".

you will need mb latest patch to use new plugin version:

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 08:44:37 AM by boroda

spon

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with the syntax in Advanced Search & Replace to move featured artists from the title and to the Artist tag?

before:
Title = Cool Song feat. Artist X, Artist Y & Artist Z
Artist = Superstar

after
Title = Cool Song
Artist = Superstar feat. Artist X, Artist Y & Artist Z

Thanks!

phred

• Global Moderator
I have moved this to the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin thread so the developer of the plugin can see it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

Could the 'new tag value' get some easier to read contrast?:

you will need mb latest patch to use new plugin version:
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
Perhaps it would be good to specify the minimum version needed?
(something like 3.4.7866 I think?)
Users reading this in a year's time that are already using a fairly recent version could get the impression they will still need to do an update again.

phred

• Global Moderator
Could the 'new tag value' get some easier to read contrast?:
+1
What I've done when using ATRT on only one track, which is rare, is select two tracks and place the highlight line on the -other- track. That enables me to preview the new value. Yeah, I know, but it works. I guess I've been too lazy to ask for a change to this.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

spon

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with the syntax in Advanced Search & Replace to move featured artists from the title and to the Artist tag?

before:
Artist = Superstar

after
Title = Cool Song

Thanks!

Hope it's ok that I bumped this message. I've been playing around with modifying the scripts and just can't quite figure out what I'm doing.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Hi guys,

before:
Artist = Superstar

after
Title = Cool Song

Thanks!

Do you not have the ASR preset available that would assist in this?

the only tutorial is readme on add-on page. i'm too lazy to write complete tutorial, but i'm ready to help you here.

i think you need the opposite to what you wrote. grouping fields must be <album artist>,<album>,<loved> and calculated field must be 'average count(<loved>/<url>)'. save 'average count' to custom tag (or assign virtual tag function id) only if <loved>='L'

Thanks for the assist. Unfortunately, I'm having some trouble interpreting the numbers.
For example, I have an album with four loved tracks and nineteen total tracks.
If I include <Loved> in the GROUPING, I get two rows of the album, one showing .07 (1/15) and the other .25 (1/4). The interpretation of this is 1 album divided by 15 tracks (not <Loved>) and 1 album divided by 4 tracks (<Loved>).
If I don't include <Loved> in the GROUPING, I get one row, but the number .11. I'm not sure how this one is calculated.

EDIT: How can I process the Report so that the combined track count per album (for example, 19) divided by the <Loved> track count per album (for example, 4)?
Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 02:09:42 PM by The Incredible Boom Boom

spon

Hi guys,

before:
Artist = Superstar

after
Title = Cool Song

Thanks!

Do you not have the ASR preset available that would assist in this?

Hi, thanks for the response. I have played around with the presets but haven't been able to modify them in a way to get the desired outcome. The closest I've gotten is using the "Extract featuring artists from track time and add them to the "Artist" tag. This will copy the featured artists and put them in the Artist tag, but I have a few things I'd like to change about the result and can't figure out how.

1. Remove the featured artist from the title rather than copy them
2. Have it work if there are ( ) around the featured artists or not. Right now it requires parenthesis to work
3. Move the featured artists to the Display Artist tag, including having feat. before the artists

I know I'm close, but each time I try different modifications to the code, it seems to get worse. lol.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Hi, thanks for the response. I have played around with the presets but haven't been able to modify them in a way to get the desired outcome. The closest I've gotten is using the "Extract featuring artists from track time and add them to the "Artist" tag. This will copy the featured artists and put them in the Artist tag, but I have a few things I'd like to change about the result and can't figure out how.

1. Remove the featured artist from the title rather than copy them
2. Have it work if there are ( ) around the featured artists or not. Right now it requires parenthesis to work
3. Move the featured artists to the Display Artist tag, including having feat. before the artists

I know I'm close, but each time I try different modifications to the code, it seems to get worse. lol.

I've never used the ASR tool for this purpose, so you'll likely have to tweak the below.

Code
Step 1
Search: \sfeat\.\s([\s\S]*?$) in tag: Title
Replace: $1 in tag: (check the box) Artist

Step 2
Search: \,|\&|and in tag: Artist
Replace: ; in tag: Artist

Step 3
Search: (\sfeat\.\s[\s\S]*?$) in tag: Title
Replace: $1 in tag: (check the box) Artist (displayed)

Step 4
Replace: (leave blank) in tag: Title

archetypewriter

Hi,
I'm having a really hard time getting this plugin to install. I've tried several times, always hitting the same issue. After putting the unzipped folder into the MusicBee plugins folder, I start the program. TagTools shows up in the preferences menu, but isn't enabled. When I hit enable I get this error message:
Unable to initialise plugin: mb_TagTools.dll
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

Twice, I uninstalled and deleted files from AppData before attempting another install. No luck

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

archetypewriter

Never mind. I tried one last time and it finally worked without issue. No idea what the problem would have been. Cheers!

spon

I've never used the ASR tool for this purpose, so you'll likely have to tweak the below.

Code
Step 1
Replace: $1 in tag: (check the box) Artist

Step 2
Search: \,|\&|and in tag: Artist
Replace: ; in tag: Artist

Step 3
Search: (\sfeat\.\s[\s\S]*?$) in tag: Title
Replace: $1 in tag: (check the box) Artist (displayed)

Step 4
Replace: (leave blank) in tag: Title

Thanks for posting this! It does correctly remove the "feat. Artist A" from the title. Unfortunately the resulting Artist fields now show the original artist and then the entire song title afterwards.

Is there any sort of guide on the coding language? I'm trying to back my way into understanding but it's been tough.

ketchupman36

Hello, I'm trying out ASR for the first time but maybe I'm missing something completely.  I want to find tracks with a certain phrase in their title and then add a track number to that track.

This doesn't seem to work.  Am I just way off here?  Is there any easier way to accomplish this?

sgarciaesteban

I already made a post in this board but I did not specify the plugin with which I suppose this process could be automated, that's why I suppose the topic was moved to the questions board.

My idea is to split the artists with a "Seach & Replace" searching for commas in the artist field and replacing it with semicolons to have the artists separated since now I have them with a comma (for example "Gunna, Playboi Carti"). But the problem is I don't know how to automate the process of changing the display artist field to make it only the first artist, that is, only "Gunna". This way I have read in other posts that last.fm will read the display artist which will be "Gunna" and will not read "Gunna, Playboi Carti".

Is there a way to automate this process with the Additional Tagging & Reporting plugin?

I hope someone can help me, thanks!

sgarciaesteban

My idea is to split the artists with a "Seach & Replace" searching for commas in the artist field and replacing it with semicolons to have the artists separated since now I have them with a comma (for example "Gunna, Playboi Carti"). But the problem is I don't know how to automate the process of changing the display artist field to make it only the first artist, that is, only "Gunna". This way I have read in other posts that last.fm will read the display artist which will be "Gunna" and will not read "Gunna, Playboi Carti".

Is there a way to automate this process with the Additional Tagging & Reporting plugin?

I hope someone can help me, thanks!