Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917534 times)

frankz

Have you ever had it installed before?  Check your MusicBee3Settings.ini file for references to the plugin in locations other than the one it's in now.

cjoprey

• MB Version: 3.4
Thanks @frankz - tried that and it looked OK, but it did show me that there is a file called "mb_TagTools.Settings.xml" in the AppData folder. Deleted that file,moved the entry for tagtools from the musicbee3settings.ini file, and deleted the mb_tagtools.dll in Plugins. Then restarted musicbee and re-added the plugin from the zip file and all is working again - I can only assume a corrupt XML file. Thanks all for the help, and I hope my solution can help others in future. :)

bkev

I'm trying to use this plugin to generate some cool stats from my music library but I'm failing at the first step!

When I load up the Library Reports and try to run one of the default built in presets I get this "No Files in Current View".

Are there any guides on how to make reports using this tool? I'd like to have some basic reports such as: most played songs; most played artists etc etc

frankz

Are there any guides on how to make reports using this tool? I'd like to have some basic reports such as: most played songs; most played artists etc etc
Have you read the aptly-named Readme?

bkev

Have you read the aptly-named Readme?

I did yeah, but it turns out the report wasn't running as I needed to select "All Artists" in "Music" first so it could run a report.

Johan_A_M

Is there a way to remove featured artists from title when files are named "Artist1 - Songname (feat. Artist2)"? I seem to recall that the "Extract feat. artists..." used to do this earlier but now I can't find a way to remove it completely.

dankjankem

Ok so I opened up my MusicBee today and out of nowhere the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools plugin is just not working or even showing up in the menu. If I go to the tools menu, Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools does not appear underneath "Tagging Tools" like it normally does. How do I fix this? I've lost all of my custom presets because of this :-/

phred

• Global Moderator
Have you looked in the plugins directory to confirm that mb_TagTools.dll exists? If it doesn't try reinstalling the plugin.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The Incredible Boom Boom

Ok so I opened up my MusicBee today and out of nowhere the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools plugin is just not working or even showing up in the menu. If I go to the tools menu, Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools does not appear underneath "Tagging Tools" like it normally does. How do I fix this? I've lost all of my custom presets because of this :-/

This has been oddly happening to me too lately. The plugin menu will not be there, then be there. I haven't attempted to reinstall yet.

dankjankem

Have you looked in the plugins directory to confirm that mb_TagTools.dll exists? If it doesn't try reinstalling the plugin.

I checked and it was no longer in the directory, but after reinstalling, it has already happened again. Hmmmmm

phred

• Global Moderator
I checked and it was no longer in the directory, but after reinstalling, it has already happened again. Hmmmmm
Whitelist the entire MB directory in your AV/Security software.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bizy

I had the same problem:  'mb_TagTools.dll Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation' (not possible to enable the plugin, tools invisible)
And the solution of Cjoprey did solve it!

there is a file called "mb_TagTools.Settings.xml" in the AppData folder. Deleted that file, moved the entry for tagtools from the musicbee3settings.ini file, and deleted the mb_tagtools.dll in Plugins. Then restarted musicbee and re-added the plugin from the zip file and all is working again

So thanks a lot @cjoprey!! :-D

b.
Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 07:45:23 PM by Bizy
Full installer Version 3_4_7805
Portable Editon 3_4_7805 P

boroda

Edit: It seems like I misunderstood and Word Breaks don't force a capital, is it possible to add this feature (for example first letter after a bracket is always capitalised)?
capitalize all words in tag (untick exceptions), then tick exception back, change casing to "Title Case" and click "Reapply" button to apply new changed rule to "New tag value" column (NOT to original tag values) without saving tags to files. if you are satisfied with preview click "Proceed" button.

For ASR presets copy "title case" preset and change "replace by" field in step 2 from:

\@tc[[$1;;\@1]]

to:

\@tc[[\@uc[[$1;;]];;\@1]]

save this new preset.

I don't want to change behavior of "change case" command because of legacy code and the ability to achieve desired results in 2 steps anyway.

for exception symbols in ASR: i'll check this later.

EDIT: there is no \@uc function at the moment, but i'll add it.

maybe i'll change behavior for exception symbols. i need to think more what is the way to make it more clear and not to loose current functionality.
Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 07:02:17 PM by boroda

boroda

also, case changing asr presets included in plugin package don't use asr defaults for exception words (i've changed these presets to use explicit exception word list instead of defaults). if you want to use asr defaults from 'change case' command, copy preset and change "replace by" from, for example:

\@tc[[$1;;\@1]]

to:

\@tc[[$1]]

it's for 'title case' preset, the same change for other presets.

i'll remove "set asr defaults" for exception words from 'change case' command, but all other asr defaults from 'change case' command must work as expected. 
Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 06:42:02 PM by boroda

hiccup

Ah!

Since you're back, what does ASR stand for?
I asked this on the forum a while back, and nobody knew the answer…