Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917359 times)

redwing

I don't think that's an issue here. If I copy lyrics from a file in the library, it sends it to the clipboard. But for a file not belonging to the library, it sends nothing to the clipboard.

boroda

but how do you select file in mb (to copy lyrics to clipboard), if its not the library?

redwing

boroda

you are right. i guess its a bug in mb api. Steven, have you read several last posts?

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda...

Using the latest version of the plugin (posted in Reply #2058) nothing is persistent. Not the location of the window. Not the column sizes. Not the ticks for auto-apply presets. Not the tags selected for any ASR function.

Thanks.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks boroda - all is well expect for the column width. It still does not remain persistent.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Pingaware

Thanks boroda - all is well expect for the column width. It still does not remain persistent.

I've had this issue for some months now too, but haven't reported it as I don't use many features other than the Soundcheck preset.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

phred

• Global Moderator
I've had this issue for some months now too, but haven't reported it as I don't use many features other than the Soundcheck preset.
Typically when boroda issues a 'testing' version it doesn't have the persistent windows, etc enabled. When he's satisfied with the test results, he 're-releases' a version that has persistence. Perhaps that's the case this time, but I didn't notice that he was 'testing.' Hence my call-out.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Pingaware

Typically when boroda issues a 'testing' version it doesn't have the persistent windows, etc enabled. When he's satisfied with the test results, he 're-releases' a version that has persistence. Perhaps that's the case this time, but I didn't notice that he was 'testing.' Hence my call-out.

Didn't know that but thought I was on a more stable version as (I think) I was on a version that was for some time the most recent update. It's really not an issue either way. Just good info to know.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

redwing

Another bug when running an msr custom preset via asr command.
When both tag 1 & tag 2 are "Lyrics", it doesn't work via asr command with any template. It doesn't change anything while msr command works just fine.

phred

• Global Moderator
I created an ASR preset to change the case of prepositions found in the middle of a title (The, To, From, In, Of.) Many a year ago I started using the built-in change case so that the first letter of all words in the title were changed to an upper case letter. Now I regret that decision and want to change the first letter of those words to lower case. Unfortunately there is only room for five words in the template. Is there any way to get ten (or more) words in the template? Or is there a more efficient way to do this? A work-around would be to create a second (or third) preset, but that would require me running it two (or three) times on about 30k tracks.

Also, a while back the preview of an ASR would show the 'new tag value' in a blue color, which makes it easier to spot what is going to change. It was removed for a short while but then boroda brought it back. However I've now noticed that not all changes are shown in blue. Here are 9 tracks about to be changed, but only 1 is in blue.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

redwing

You could use Multiple search & replace command instead which doesn't have such restrictions.
But for that case, why not use "Change case" command? Just list all words in the box.

phred

• Global Moderator
You could use Multiple search & replace command instead which doesn't have such restrictions.
But for that case, why not use "Change case" command? Just list all words in the box.
Thank you.

I'm playing with Multiple Search & Replace rather than Change Case because I don't seem to be able to surround the word with space characters due to the space character being the separator.  Using " The " prevents the first word in the title from changing to lower case. MSR does appear do what I want. Added benefit is that I didn't realize when I saved it, it would create an ASR Preset. Good ol' boroda - he thought of everything.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki