Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917237 times)

Pingaware

Has the formula for converting ReplayGain to Soundcheck changed? It used to produce something like this "00000943 00000943 00001728 00001728 00024CA8 00024CA8 00007AAD 00007AAD 00024CA8 00024CA8" but now it explicitly writes out what the changes are (like ReplayGain does).

FYI, I fixed this. Turns out I was missing a few presets from AppData but not from the main plugin folder. Copying them all over fixed it. No idea how it happened.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
If you copy any date time tag to last played, it doesn't write a correct hour. Can you take a look?

Makes interesting reading when looking at the current track Scrobbling on Last FM, in a 'time shift' sort of 'back to the future' mode  :-X
(copy tag 'Now' to 'Last Played') - Freddy

redwing

The context menu for the plugin often disappears when using from the expanded panel of album covers view. If switching to another view, the menu shows up again.

phred

• Global Moderator
Boroda74 hasn't been on the forum since August, but I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

Using the AS&R preset "Remove # characters from the beginning/end of <Tag 1>" I'm trying to remove 5 characters from the end of the track title. I use the drop-down to select 'Title' for Tag 1, but I don't see where there's a field to specify 5 characters. Nor do I see where to specify to remove from the end of the title.

Anyone?

Thanks.
Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 08:33:01 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

redwing

Using the AS&R preset "Remove # characters from the beginning/end of <Tag 1>" I'm trying to remove 5 characters from the end of the track title. I use the drop-down to select 'Title' for Tag 1, but I don't see where there's a field to specify 5 characters. Nor do I see where to specify to remove from the end of the title.

That preset literally removes "#" characters from both beginning and end of a tag. Use "Remove given number of characters from beginning/end of <Tag 1>" preset instead. Enter "0" and "5" in both custom boxes for your purpose.

phred

• Global Moderator
That preset literally removes "#" characters from both beginning and end of a tag. Use "Remove given number of characters from beginning/end of <Tag 1>" preset instead. Enter "0" and "5" in both custom boxes for your purpose.
Ahhh ... The preset I was using removes the -number- sign (#) not a -number- of characters.

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

jazzhands

I like to convert ReplayGain values to Itunes soundcheck for legacy purposes. I had that working nicely with this plugin, then had a hard drive failure.

I decided to try using the Windows Store version of MB (currently 3.2.6827) and installed the plugin, but am getting soundcheck values like so:

\@rg2sc4mp3(-1.43 dB)

I saw it earlier in this thread, and wonder if it's because I'm using the "app" versus the standard Win10 installer. Please advise.

Pingaware

I like to convert ReplayGain values to Itunes soundcheck for legacy purposes. I had that working nicely with this plugin, then had a hard drive failure.

I decided to try using the Windows Store version of MB (currently 3.2.6827) and installed the plugin, but am getting soundcheck values like so:

\@rg2sc4mp3(-1.43 dB)

I saw it earlier in this thread, and wonder if it's because I'm using the "app" versus the standard Win10 installer. Please advise.

Yeah I had this problem. What I did to fix it was delete everything under MusicBee>Plugins>ASR Presets and copy everything from MusicBee>AppData>ASR Presets in instead.
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.

whoozwah

I'm trying to set up an ASR preset to auto apply at startup and I'm having some issue. What I want it to do is

If Love tag = L AND rating tag = 3
then replace rating value with 3.5

I already have set up presets to auto Love tracks with ratings of 3.5, 4, 4.5 or 5 so I'm trying to make sure the inverse is true. This allows me to build out smart playlists of music I like based on cloud ratings as I tend to just love a song on last fm and use that as the rating.
Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 06:20:51 PM by whoozwah

boroda

@all, I don't have access to my home pc now, will check all bug/issue reports during month or two.

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda-

Is there any way to allow an exception to a ticked preset in AS&R?

For example, I have both "Remove the track number from Track title" and "Remove the track number followed by a dash or dot from Track Title" ticked. This has been immensely helpful until today when I added a track with the title of "25 or 6 to 4" and it kept showing up with the title tag of "or 6 to 4". I see why it's happening, but it would be nice if I could exceptions on a per track basis. For the time being I've had to untick both presets.

Thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

hmm. will be sufficient to have user defined exception value (or maybe value list) for track title (for any input tag in general) in this case?

phred

• Global Moderator
hmm. will be sufficient to have user defined exception value (or maybe value list) for track title (for any input tag in general) in this case?
Yes, I think a list for exceptions would be better than one value.

What I found odd while digging into this later was that I have about 150 tracks that begin with numbers and it was only this one track that had this behavior. I don't understand why (or how) the auto-preset would only affect one but not the others.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

various bugfixes:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/h2t08o9562efboi/mb_TagTools_latest.zip/file

@phred, enter tag exclusions separated by ;; in the list at the bottom of asr.

if somebody wants to tick 'copy tag' preset for auto-applying, but so that it wont copy empty values, just enter ;; in the exception list.

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred, enter tag exclusions separated by ;; in the list at the bottom of asr.
Thanks boroda. I'll have some time to dig into this in the next few days.

And can you please make the window location persistent when you have the change? Thanks.
Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 08:36:03 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki