Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 935515 times)

rotong

This wonderful plug-in keeps unloading itself lately. At MB startup I must manually add the plug-in again and again. Now  I'm doing this by modifying the Musicbee3Settings.ini:

<Id>C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\Plugins\mb_TagTools.dll</Id>
  <Name>Additional Tagging Tools</Name>
  <Description>Adds some tagging tools to MusicBee</Description>
  <Enabled>false</Enabled>

and set false to true.

I have the latest version of both MB and MB_tagtools installed!

phred

• Global Moderator
Try white-listing the dll in your security software. Or perhaps white-listing the entire MB folder.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

rotong

Try white-listing the dll in your security software. Or perhaps white-listing the entire MB folder.

Good Tip..
Thank you!

rotong

Sorry but white listing the .dll does not work. It still disables itself. I must manually modify the musicbee3settings.ini to make it work again.
Perhaps another solution?

rotong

Still having problems that the mb_tagtools.dll won't load after the computer has been properly shutdown. Every time I have to manually add the plugin again in the preferences. When an user has been logged off and logged on again there is nothing the matter and the .dll normally loads! I haven't a clue whats going on here. The mb_tagTools.dll has been white listed. I never had this problem before....

redwing

Still having problems that the mb_tagtools.dll won't load after the computer has been properly shutdown. Every time I have to manually add the plugin again in the preferences. When an user has been logged off and logged on again there is nothing the matter and the .dll normally loads! I haven't a clue whats going on here. The mb_tagTools.dll has been white listed. I never had this problem before....

Then it could be related to one of startup processes of your machine. Check MB's error log when it gets disabled. Also try deleting the plugin's settings file in MusicBee\AppData\ folder.

rotong

Well I guess I've found the culprit. MusicBee.exe and the MB_TagTools.dll do not have a digital signature! Kaspersky Internet Security prohibits loading the MB_TagTools.dll into MusicBee. I 've  setup Kaspersky not to watch over other processes initiated by MusicBee! Now it's loading without any problems.

OwnDog

Running MB 3.2
Windows 10
trying to use additional tagging tools but presets are not loading
Dopwnloaded latest version of plug for MB 3.2 in from wiki

I know I am doing something wrong but damned if I can see it.
Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 06:28:59 PM by OwnDog

Tybot

I'm trying to set up a couple of "copy" presets. Is there a way to choose to only apply those if the destination is empty?

Let's say I have an album with ten tracks. Two of those tracks already have a "display artist" tag, how would I go about copying the artist tag to the display artist tag for the remaining eight tracks?

boroda

I'm trying to set up a couple of "copy" presets. Is there a way to choose to only apply those if the destination is empty?

Let's say I have an album with ten tracks. Two of those tracks already have a "display artist" tag, how would I go about copying the artist tag to the display artist tag for the remaining eight tracks?
i can create additional 'copy' preset for this purpose.

Tybot

Thanks for the offer but there's no need to do it if it's just for the case I described above. Turns out MB itself didn't really jive with the way I was doing things so I no longer have any use for such a preset.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P

Thanks for the offer but there's no need to do it if it's just for the case I described above. Turns out MB itself didn't really jive with the way I was doing things so I no longer have any use for such a preset.

@boroda74
I would love to have a 'copy' preset that would only copy if the 'from' tag wasn't null value.

eg. copying "Display Artist" to a custom tag "Artist: Display", but only if "Display Artist" has a value.

I currently do this for both "Display Artist" and "Display Composer" by using a virtual tag in my regex, but having the preset handle it would free up 2 virtual tags!
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

Running "Replace Unicode punctuation marks by ASCII punctuation marks" preset deletes the entire value if it contains a comma.

FrisBäh

Something like this in the track listing window would be nice. It would speed up the process massively:

Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 12:23:26 AM by FrisBäh

Pingaware

On one of my periodic drops back in to the forum and the plugin isn't loading for me currently. Running the latest MB patch and the 29-05-18 version of the plugin. MB loads with it disabled and then, when I try to enable it, MB pops up with the error message "Unable to initialise this plugin: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.". Any ideas on the problem?
Bold words in my posts are links unless expressly stated otherwise.