Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 929650 times)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
This code for DAYS SINCE LAST PLAYED -

$If(<Last Played>="Unknown",,$If($Div($NumberOfDays(Now,<Last Played>),1000)<1,$Right(00$NumberOfDays(Now,<Last Played>),3),999))

Using Tagging tools v5.0.6637 - Now not working  :'(

Regards: Freddy

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
See this: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3833.msg141287#msg141287

You need to change "Now" in the formula.
Thanks redwing - i'll give it a go  ;D

Getting too bogged down with commas and parenthesis and made a pigs ear out of it....Any help would be most welcome please  ;D

1) - Last Played was NNN days ago - by 'redwing' was working ok
$If(<Last Played>="Unknown",,$If($Div($NumberOfDays(Now,<Last Played>),1000)<1,$Right(00$NumberOfDays(Now,<Last Played>),3),999))

2) - Years Since Release Date - by 'boroda74' was working ok
$If(<Year>="Unknown",,$Round($Div($NumberOfDays($Now(),<Year>),365),0))

Both formulae now kaput since updating to the latest Tagging Tools v5.0.6637

Kind regards: Freddy
Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 07:42:02 PM by Freddy Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

cynflux

Any version of mb_TagTools that is beyond 2018-03-01, breaks my search query (SYNTAX ERROR) which is as follows:

11\C|12\D|1A\A♭ Minor|2A\E♭ Minor|3A\B♭ Minor|4A\F Minor|5A\C Minor|6A\G Minor|7A\D Minor|8A\A Minor|9A\E Minor|10A\B Minor|CA\F♯ Minor|DA\D♭ Minor|1B\B Major|2B\F♯ Major|3B\D♭ Major|4B\A♭ Major|5B\E♭ Major|6B\B♭ Major|7B\F Major|8B\C Major|9B\G Major|10B\D Major|CB\A Major|DB\E Major

I will stay with version 2018-03-01 until I can figure out the correct syntax for the newer versions.
Thank you again for this incredible tool.

hiccup

I haven't looked at solving your issue by means of using this plugin, but I do notice that for your search query, you have copied 'CA', 'DA' 'CB' 'DB' from the virtual tag formula I had offered you earlier.
You should probably change that back to '11A' '12A' '11B' '12B' and use regex boundaries?
Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 10:21:09 PM by hiccup

cynflux

I haven't looked at solving your issue by means of using this plugin, but I do notice that for your search query, you have copied 'CA', 'DA' 'CB' 'DB' from the virtual tag formula I had offered you earlier.
You should probably change that back to '11A' '12A' '11B' '12B' and use regex boundaries?

Thank you for the suggestion, hiccup. Actually boroda74 provided me with that search query that copied 'CA', 'DA' 'CB' 'DB' from your formula.
As I don't have much regex experience, I am using https://regex101.com/ to learn, build, and test regex.

boroda

i have changed \l escape to \L

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v5gzntbah4wt4mc/mb_TagTools_2018-03-05.zip

-----------------------------------------

folks, sorry, its just a beta, i'm constantly changing the syntax for 'multiple search & replace' preset :\

boroda

Any version of mb_TagTools that is beyond 2018-03-01, breaks my search query (SYNTAX ERROR) which is as follows:

11\C|12\D|1A\A♭ Minor|2A\E♭ Minor|3A\B♭ Minor|4A\F Minor|5A\C Minor|6A\G Minor|7A\D Minor|8A\A Minor|9A\E Minor|10A\B Minor|CA\F♯ Minor|DA\D♭ Minor|1B\B Major|2B\F♯ Major|3B\D♭ Major|4B\A♭ Major|5B\E♭ Major|6B\B♭ Major|7B\F Major|8B\C Major|9B\G Major|10B\D Major|CB\A Major|DB\E Major

I will stay with version 2018-03-01 until I can figure out the correct syntax for the newer versions.
Thank you again for this incredible tool.

replace \ by /

boroda

See this: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=3833.msg141287#msg141287

You need to change "Now" in the formula.
Thanks redwing - i'll give it a go  ;D

Getting too bogged down with commas and parenthesis and made a pigs ear out of it....Any help would be most welcome please  ;D

Both formulae now kaput since updating to the latest Tagging Tools v5.0.6637

Kind regards: Freddy
try:

$If(<Last Played>="Unknown",,$If($Div($NumberOfDays($Now(),<Last Played>),1000)<1,$Right(00$NumberOfDays($Now(),<Last Played>),3),999))

for:

i've placed a workaround if tag 'year' is just year (not full date).

redwing

When lots of files are selected with a big library, the plugin window disappears after reading 100% (status bar says that). "Show hidden window" command doesn't help. If I reopen the ASR command, it's a new one.
How about listing only files that will be updated in the table? That's how MB's native search & replace command does. Even with a big library, most of the time the files that need to be updated are not that many and no need to list all selected files in the plugin window table.
Also it would be useful if it shows the count of selected files and to-be-updated files after reading is done.
Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 07:59:47 AM by redwing

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Boroda74 Said: try......

1) - Last Played was NNN days ago - credit to 'redwing' was working ok
$If(<Last Played>="Unknown",,$If($Div($NumberOfDays($Now(),<Last Played>),1000)<1,$Right(00$NumberOfDays($Now(),<Last Played>),3),999))

2) - Years Since Release Date - credit to 'boroda74' was working ok

i've placed a workaround if tag 'year' is just year (not full date).

Yes! - with Tagging Tools v 5.0.6638 -  
Thanks very much, that's sorted it out  :)
Best regards: Freddy
Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 03:03:13 PM by Freddy Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

boroda

When lots of files are selected with a big library, the plugin window disappears after reading 100% (status bar says that). "Show hidden window" command doesn't help. If I reopen the ASR command, it's a new one.
How about listing only files that will be updated in the table? That's how MB's native search & replace command does. Even with a big library, most of the time the files that need to be updated are not that many and no need to list all selected files in the plugin window table.
Also it would be useful if it shows the count of selected files and to-be-updated files after reading is done.
not sure if bug is fixed, but now only changed files are displayed in preview table:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/71klkm7ozkqc3t7/mb_TagTools_2018-03-06.zip

redwing

Thanks a lot! I'll test and report back tomorrow (it takes several hours just for reading lots of files).

redwing

It's working much better. The window no longer disappears after reading is done and reading is much faster.
The problem is the scrollbar of the table doesn't work properly. Looks like it can't reach at the bottom row. If you grab the thumb and drag it down, the thumb disappears. Also it would be great if the count is added either to the plugin window or the status bar.