Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 929887 times)

theta_wave

<Artist: Guest> is not showing up among the selectable fields within the "Replace with:" box (red arrow) whereas it is selectable in the "Search for:" box.

In Musicbrainz, featuring artists were included in the title in the past (as displayed on the CD tray for example).  However, they recently changed their policy to move that info in <Artist>, as seen in the following (<Artist> - <Title> format):

Before Musicbrainz change: Artist - Title (feat. Guest Artist)
After Musicbrainz change: Artist feat. Guest Artist - Title

The change is necessary for Musicbrainz's db purposes but it leads to sorting issues if one sorts by <Artist>.  I've been trying to do the following with "Foo feat. Bar - Title"

Example (<Artist> - <Title>): Foo feat. Bar - Title
From Musicbrainz:
<Artist> = Foo feat. Bar
<Title> = Title

Replacement:
<Artist> = Foo
<Artist: Guest> = Bar
<Title> = Title (feat. Bar)

This is shown below.  I cannot complete the Replacement because <Artist: Guest> is not selectable among the fields available within the "Replace with:" box.

Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 06:13:55 PM by theta_wave

boroda

its the limitation of mb api, but there is a workaround: try to write all involved people to 'artist' tag, split them by '\@char(0)' function and add function '\@char(1)' *before* the name of guest artist.

redwing

I noticed this plugin makes all album covers flickering on MB's startup (in all views). If I disable it, it doesn't happen.
I have not enabled any presets for auto-applying. Simply enabling/disabling the plugin makes the difference. Open the plugin tab in preferences and try enabling it, then you will see that enabling makes covers flickering.

WimYogya

I got this error message:

MusicBee v3.1.6420.28372 (Win6.1), 12 Aug 2017 14:00:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Wim\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\ASR Presets\2acc97f0-bd50-476a-8f2a-680eedca8985.ASR Preset.xml' is denied.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin.saveSettings()
   at MusicBeePlugin.AdvancedSearchAndReplacePlugin.buttonSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

Don't know what it means.
It happened after I renamed a number of my custom tags. That was necessary due to the new layout of the tag (2) screen.
There seems something wrong with custom tage 9.

When performing an ASR command the popup says:
Some tage names are duplicated. See (...)tagtools.tagnameserrorlog.txt for details. The plugin is not properly initialized.
The message there says: Cant add Custom 9 / Custom9

What does it mean? What should I do?
Or is a bug fix necessary first?

Thanks!
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

theta_wave

i have added new virtual tag function: $ALR(<URL>,function_id)

This is absolutely awesome, thanks!  :D

WimYogya

Hi Boroda,
Since a few months (after updating MB to version 3.1.5900 or so, I have problems with ONE of your ASR commands.
I created one to copy my virtual file PERFORMERS-VIRTUAL to PERFORMERS.
The virtual file itself is the sum of categories like vocalist-main, vocalist-other, instrumentalist, choir, orchestra, director (for classical works).
Once I have filled them in all, I want to put them in the PERFORMERS field which in the column viewer displayes all 'involved people'.

It still works as before - with ONE annoying exception:
The target field for the merging result of fields PERFORMERS-VIRTUAL + MOOD is always set to VOCALS-MORE - not by me, I don't use it for that purpose. MANUALLY i can enter the correct target field: PERFORMERS and then execute the command properly.

But if I want to SAVE the new settings, I get an MB error message - and the target field can NOT be changed.
This is the error message:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\Wim\AppData\Roaming\MusicBee\ASR Presets\2acc97f0-bd50-476a-8f2a-680eedca8985.ASR Preset.xml' is denied.

What to do?
Thanks,
Wim
WimYogya

phred

• Global Moderator
@Boroda74...

Maybe this is an oversight, or perhaps it's me, but in the "Remove # characters from the beginning/end of <Tag 1>" preset, there doesn't appear to be a place to indicate the number of characters to remove. Nor does there appear to be a place to indicate if the removal is to be from the beginning or the end.

Hmmm ... on further inspection, I found preset "Remove given number of characters from beginning/end of <Tag 1>" which does what I expect. Perhaps this preset replaced the one I mentioned above? And the first one should be removed.

Thanks for clarifying.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

evankap

Hi all

fyi1: Great add-in!

fyi2: I was not able to find a related post, hence this topical post.

I noticed when using the Additional Tagging add-in, specifically the Copy and/or Swap Tags features, not all tag fields are available.

For example, I'd like to copy all of my "YEAR (YYYY)" tags to the tag "Original Year" but "Original Year" is not in the list of "swappable" tags. It seems like perhaps this is an omission.

Is this something that can be added?

Thanks
evan

WimYogya

Hi Boroda,
Since a few months (after updating MB to version 3.1.5900 or so, I have problems with ONE of your ASR commands.
I created one to copy my virtual file PERFORMERS-VIRTUAL to PERFORMERS.
The virtual file itself is the sum of categories like vocalist-main, vocalist-other, instrumentalist, choir, orchestra, director (for classical works).
Once I have filled them in all, I want to put them in the PERFORMERS field which in the column viewer displayes all 'involved people'.

It still works as before - with ONE annoying exception:
The target field for the merging result of fields PERFORMERS-VIRTUAL + MOOD is always set to VOCALS-MORE - not by me, I don't use it for that purpose. MANUALLY i can enter the correct target field: PERFORMERS and then execute the command properly.

But if I want to SAVE the new settings, I get an MB error message - and the target field can NOT be changed.
This is the error message:

Hello Boroda,

My post above did not get any reply yet.
In the meantime I noticed the issue is NOT restricted to my specific pair of column settings that can not be saved. It happened in a few other cases as well.
Please have a look.
Why can settings not be changed AND saved??

Thanks,
Wim
WimYogya

WimYogya

Hi @boroda

My repeated support request did not get any reply.
See below.
Is there any problem with it?

Please inform, thank you.
Greetz,
Wim
WimYogya

phred

• Global Moderator
ATTN: All who are waiting for replies from boroda74...

Note that boroda74 hasn't logged on to the forum since mid-July 2017.

Please don't repeat messages that you posted which haven't been replied to as that just clutters up things.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Camzo

Is anyone else having issues with advanced search & replace not working on 3.1? I can click it but nothing opens. Most of the other tools seem to work fine except the one I use the most funnily enough...  :(

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
@ Camzo
Have you tried updating to the 3.1 version of the plugin?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together