Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 935716 times)

boroda

Hey, does this work with v3.0.6335 of MusicBee? When I try to load it it says "Unable to load this plugin: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

Great work on it btw! Never had any issues before.
not the latest version of plugin (which requires latest mb 3.1 patch). if you prefer to use mb 3.0 go to plugin download page and redownload plugin from there.

Rambostyne

Hey, does this work with v3.0.6335 of MusicBee? When I try to load it it says "Unable to load this plugin: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

Great work on it btw! Never had any issues before.
not the latest version of plugin (which requires latest mb 3.1 patch). if you prefer to use mb 3.0 go to plugin download page and redownload plugin from there.
Second edit: Disregard this post. Just a case of confusion on my end.

I have this same issue. I use the pugin for its autorate features and noticed it stopped working after the latest MB update. Just now, I updated the plugin and MB gave me the same message as above. Well, what am I to do? Revert to an earlier version of MB? If so, how? On their download page I only see the latest version. Or are you planning on updating the plugin so its compatible with MB again? The autorate feature saved me a considerable amount of time, especially since most of my playlists rely on ratings. I can't go back to doing it manually.

Edit: I did find where to download earlier versions of MB, however, after downloading and installing it says its still using version 3.0.6335. So I suppose I'd have to uninstall my current version first in order to downgrade. I suppose I'll just wait for the plugin to catch up to the newest version of MB.
Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:05:40 PM by Rambostyne

phred

• Global Moderator
What boroda74 is saying is that in order to use the current version of the plugin, you have to have MB 3.1, which you can get from my sig. You don't have to uninstall anything.

He is also saying that if you want to stay on 3.0, you have to go to the -plugin- download page and redownload from there.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Rambostyne

What boroda74 is saying is that in order to use the current version of the plugin, you have to have MB 3.1, which you can get from my sig. You don't have to uninstall anything.

He is also saying that if you want to stay on 3.0, you have to go to the -plugin- download page and redownload from there.

I just figured this out. Everything is fine now. I didn't realize that he was saying all we needed was the 3.1 patch. I'm used to the program automatically updating and never having to worry about it.

My apologies for the confusion and thank you for the awesome plugin.

phred

• Global Moderator
new command is added: compare tracks. this command provides easy way to compare tags of 2 (or more) tracks.
Great idea!! Thanks for implementing this.
However (you just knew there would be a however, didn't you?)

In a few tests tag data is not populating the correct tags. Note that the following tags are incorrect:
BPM, Composer, Genre, Sort Album Artist, Work.  (Composer in these two tracks is blank; info in "Work" is from Comments; Sort Album Artist shows BPM; Genre shows Artist

In some further testing, BPM is -never- in the correct place, and not always in the same place. But it's most everything else that's not correct either.
Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you troubleshoot this.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

i was sure :) and its very pity that i have marked this version as stable too early. will look at the issues.

phred

• Global Moderator
i was sure :) and its very pity that i have marked this version as stable too early. will look at the issues.
Thanks for looking into it.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Persistent windows have disappeared in the latest version (2017-05-19)

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

new command is added: compare tracks. this command provides easy way to compare tags of 2 (or more) tracks.
Great idea!! Thanks for implementing this.

In a few tests tag data is not populating the correct tags. Note that the following tags are incorrect:
BPM, Composer, Genre, Sort Album Artist, Work.  (Composer in these two tracks is blank; info in "Work" is from Comments; Sort Album Artist shows BPM; Genre shows Artist

In some further testing, BPM is -never- in the correct place, and not always in the same place. But it's most everything else that's not correct either.
Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you troubleshoot this.

(with caution :)) new version seems to be a bit less buggy. persistent windows are also fixed:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6g8oo2wkxfn88dc/mb_TagTools_2017-05-24.zip

source:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ofjw9ba7750ovy6/TagTools_2017-05-24.rar

phred

• Global Moderator
(with caution :)) new version seems to be a bit less buggy. persistent windows are also fixed:
Working well. I like the addition of artwork. Tags now seem to be placed where they belong. And the window is indeed persistent.

Thanks!

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Rambostyne

Is anyone aware of there being any issue with the "last played" and "play count" data not updating? I only just noticed this today as I was playing any tracks with an "unknown" last played date. After playing through a few dozen songs, I noticed that about 10% hadn't updated in those two columns. A quick search led me back to this thread where somebody once brought this up in the past, but borada74 was unable to reproduce the results. I have not observed any similarities in the situations in which a file does not update, nor do I utilize any other plugins. When I've replayed the tracks to see if they will update, they usually do, but still not every time.

Update: I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out why it's randomly choosing not to update approximately every 1 out of 5 tracks. I'm also now wondering how long this has been going on. The only reason I noticed today was because I was exclusively playing tracks with an "unknown" last played time. But it does seem to only happen when I'm not watching the program. I'll have it open, not minimized, but behind other programs and I'll come back to it and see that several songs in a row didn't update. But if I keep the program in front of others, this still happens, but less frequently.

That's all I've come up with.

Second Update: Today I tried it with the "auto rate songs automatically if they are played" option turned off. Problem solved.
Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 08:34:10 PM by Rambostyne

redwing

Virtual 22 tag is not available for copy tag command.