Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917273 times)

redwing

I set the auto-backup to run every thirty minutes. It runs, and the status bar shows that it completed, but I can't find the new backup even though it's set to go in the same directory as the first one.

Did you make any tag changes after the initial backup? If not, it cancels writing a backup after comparing tags.

18,000+ tracks I have.

For my test with 400 tracks, it takes 40 secs (mostly for comparing tags at 99%) to create a backup. Does it take 30 minutes for you as you have 45 times more tracks than my test library?

phred

• Global Moderator
I set the auto-backup to run every thirty minutes. It runs, and the status bar shows that it completed, but I can't find the new backup even though it's set to go in the same directory as the first one.

Did you make any tag changes after the initial backup? If not, it cancels writing a backup after comparing tags.

Ahhh! Good info. At this point I can't remember if I changed any tracks, but I certainly have now since the last full manual backup. So I have turned auto-backup on again

18,000+ tracks I have.

For my test with 400 tracks, it takes 40 secs (mostly for comparing tags at 99%) to create a backup. Does it take 30 minutes for you as you have 45 times more tracks than my test library?
Yes, it takes between 30-45 minutes, so that's within your parameter.
Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 02:08:32 PM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator

Well, I'm not so sure about this. I enabled the auto-backup to run every 30 minutes. I deleted the comments from one track. More than two hours later and there is no new file in the Tag Backups directory. So I'm not convinced the auto-backup is working.

So even with only one backup set, I selected 'restore tags for selected tracks' and while the comments were indeed restored to the track, MB threw this error:
Code
10/9/2016 11:06:21 AM - 6.1.7601.65536 - 3.0.6125.34367 - System.ArgumentException: Controls created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ControlCollection.Add(Control value)
   at #=qBOEK$ER4a7TnOPwZ103epIzRNWPxfx0GK6J4iWlfi98=.#=qzSaq0kRSdQoKZJeJKYt_4CFft_Wob2CaK3xacXyUjUI=(Int32 #=q3Xw_NdCitgt0Mge4rCimGw==, Boolean #=q33kiPxCuE4eiZw3OtQR74iEulWCC72rpIZ5b$$ub$qI=)
   at #=qBOEK$ER4a7TnOPwZ103epIzRNWPxfx0GK6J4iWlfi98=.#=qjZG6tKHp0Ergv$9dL8N5zmrzQWmurqaC2Fp6i3JThS0=(Size #=qgIKj3zaEwqigJfU01kP2QQ==)
   at #=qBOEK$ER4a7TnOPwZ103epIzRNWPxfx0GK6J4iWlfi98=.#=qBBBaYGkNZHZSzFClXkskJQ1xw0gJNfe7YhU$t29uFjg=(Int32 #=qCs5O3$8qTUQyfQeo0ZPCcQ==)
   at #=qT9pBK1lHIOFwzvZ5WIEjd9FphSqYiTCOzj5Tun6CFtg=.#=qqoXcZu8U7GAyGFW2H4rMWS36zA1HuUvszzSxHJ2cf$s=()
   at #=qT9pBK1lHIOFwzvZ5WIEjd9FphSqYiTCOzj5Tun6CFtg=.#=qkbLE$1YlMTNfoiT9dWv1sg==(IList`1 #=qQ_6ajPRqisg15ZNLLI0COg==, TagCode #=qcnvAr5ZTXGdrdgtHoEy4DQ==)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeMain.#=qnlPP3KiEfK9IuUYasSISEw==(IList`1 #=qiFPjpRe6xxZcV58gGBquYg==, TagCode #=q6sl_tjMRXPQnHMN0bssjnw==, Boolean #=qfuwQc8Toe6LqIbmt9vul413FpyaMoZkCddLrgthbAMY=)
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qGBsEqXZfXCfWdJei8AXviKOHHEpsD6sL7gMx3TVQFro=(IList`1 #=q4TxsSZ6J31JybnmsqeJrIA==, TagCode #=qrsTQtuU8N_zRSyC6FmAuYQ==, Boolean #=qdVzured5vCIVI5jgnZoB4JI2gwLlRUFOXKlaV_4algk=)
   at MusicBee.Plugin.#=qQrlAaJdWaDx8TDwyNIBvsrqg0iixll$vwMSgOWiPas8=()
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.RefreshPanels(Boolean immediateRefresh)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.CommitTagsToFile(String sourceFileUrl, Boolean ignoreTagsChanged, Boolean updateOnlyChangedTags)
   at MusicBeePlugin.BackupIndexDictionary.loadBackup(String backupName, String statusbarText, Boolean restoreForEntireLibrary)
   at MusicBeePlugin.BackupIndexDictionary.loadBackupAsync(Object parameters)
   at MusicBee.Plugin.#=q5UOfiqI70ZvTPMz0$OWc_84YhXktRdorwAG5039v1G8=(Object #=qLChswvFgx8WMuu4zMIToWg==)
Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 04:10:47 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

redwing

I just tested auto-backup feature, and it's working fine for me.

Yes, it takes between 30-45 minutes, so that's within your parameter.

I enabled the auto-backup to run every 30 minutes.

Maybe that's the problem. Try increasing the interval to 1 hour.

Steven

• Administrator
So even with only one backup set, I selected 'restore tags for selected tracks' and while the comments were indeed restored to the track, MB threw this error:
thats something i will need to fix on the MB side

edit:
the usual v3 link is updated with the fix
Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 05:25:16 PM by Steven

boroda

Doesn't work for me either. When trying to enable it, keep getting this message:

its fixed for the next update.

boroda

- Track tag history is not working. It shows current tags only without showing any tags from the backup files.
its fixed also for next update

- When creating a backup, it always pause at "99%" for a long time. First I thought it crashed but it finally worked. So probably it was comparing tags to write changed tags only. How about changing the message not to give a false impression?
yes, its comparing tags. i'll try to write some text about this in statusbar.

- Restoring worked fine. But it was much slower than before. Hope you could speed up the backup and restore process.
cant think how to speed up saving, but restoring might work faster for large libraries (> 100-200 tracks) now.

boroda

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7412sqnmmiz7g81/mb_TagTools_2016-10-13.zip

also incremental backups are more compact now (now only changed tags are actually saved).

still to do: add new command "delete all backups of current library and create new baseline".

-------

edit:

new version is incompatible with previous backups, so just delete "<appdata\tag backups>" folder before upgrading.

also auto-backups will be skipped now if there are no changes comparing to baseline (even if you changed some tags (to baseline tags) since last incremental backup).
Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:19:56 PM by boroda74

boroda

After the manual (full) backup was complete I set the auto-backup to run every thirty minutes. It runs, and the status bar shows that it completed, but I can't find the new backup even though it's set to go in the same directory as the first one. I believe this is what redwing is referring to in his first item in this thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18426.msg118558#msg118558
autobackups will be skipped if there are no changes in library tags or content since last auto- or manual-backup.

some bugfixes:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7412sqnmmiz7g81/mb_TagTools_2016-10-13.zip

new version is incompatible with previous backups, so just delete "<appdata\tag backups>" folder before upgrading.

redwing

Thanks! The bugs are fixed.

But after testing incremental backups I think this is almost unusable for me. It takes too much time and consumes lots of system resources (mostly CPU) while comparing tags. Now tag history command too takes some time and uses up CPU for loading backup files and comparing tags. It repeats it for each track. I am testing this only with 400 tracks and I don't think I can bear this long and huge usage of CPU with a much bigger library.

I just tested 10-04 version again, which does a full backup each time, and it felt much usable though it can use up more spaces.

Maybe the plugin could offer two options so that users could test and choose one that's working better for them.

boroda

Maybe the plugin could offer two options so that users could test and choose one that's working better for them.
its possible, but 1st i'll try to optimize performance. unfortunately i can test on large library only saving backups and restoring only on small test library. i hope performance can enhanced. as for cpu usage, background task should be launched at lowest priority (so use only free resources), so could you confirm that high cpu usage is the real problem for you?

redwing

With 400 tracks, one backup takes about 40-50 secs and uses about 30% of CPU. phred said it takes 30-45 mins to backup his 18000 tracks. Probably he gets the similar CPU usage during that time. This means if he sets up to auto-backup every hour, this plugin alone consumes 30% of CPU all the time.

Track tag history command too takes lots of resources for comparing tags out of multiple backup files. Sometimes I get "Not Responding" error message while it's loading. But that happened only with 4 backup files. What would happen with 40 or 400 backups?

I don't think managing background priority can resolve this issue. It needs to use far less CPU with much more efficient algorithm, but I'm not sure it's possible.

Duke9700

Hoping I'm just overlooking something simple but I recently went to use AT&RT and it wasn't anywhere to be found. None of the options show up in the Tagging menu and the settings do not appear in the Plugins area of Preferences. I did reinstall both MB and AT&RT but it still does not appear. I'm not sure when it disappeared so it may have been gone for a while.

I'm using the latest versions of each (MB v3.0.6129 and AT&RT 2016-10-13).

Any thoughts? Are there perhaps some tagging settings I could strip out of one of the ini files that might be interfering? I didn't see others mentioning this (except for a similar problem one user had on the 1st page of this thread but that was years ago) so I won't take offense of this was caused by a defective user (I have a thick enough skin!).

redwing

None of the options show up in the Tagging menu and the settings do not appear in the Plugins area of Preferences.

Make sure you have copied mb_TagTools.dll file under Plugins folder.

phred

• Global Moderator
None of the options show up in the Tagging menu and the settings do not appear in the Plugins area of Preferences.

Make sure you have copied mb_TagTools.dll file under Plugins folder.
And once you've confirmed the dll is in the Plugins folder, exit MB and restart it. Then go to Plugins preferences and enable the ATRT plugin. (You may have to exit and restart after enabling also - I can't remember.)  Only then will it show up under Tools > Additional Tagging Tools

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki