Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917429 times)

boroda

its because you have very strange characters (which are not allowed for xml) in some tags. try this plugin version, it will display some additional info about xml parsing errors (line number and problem char position in line):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ekct1t8ss36fp29/mb_TagTools_2016-10-05-3.zip

you will need some powerful text editor (eg. notepad++) to find these problem chars because your backup file is very large. you can delete these strange chars in text editor, then import tags back to mb.

phred

• Global Moderator
There's a newer version available. Check the Additional Tagging Tools thread in the Plugins forum
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Sofocl

There's a newer version available. Check the Additional Tagging Tools thread in the Plugins forum
mb_TagTools_2016-10-05-3.zip
The same thing
Sorry for my bad English.

phred

• Global Moderator
its because you have very strange characters (which are not allowed for xml) in some tags. try this plugin version, it will display some additional info about xml parsing errors (line number and problem char position in line):

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ekct1t8ss36fp29/mb_TagTools_2016-10-05-3.zip

you will need some powerful text editor (eg. notepad++) to find these problem chars because your backup file is very large. you can delete these strange chars in text editor, then import tags back to mb.
I think it's time for me to stop trying to use the Tag Backup feature of the Advanced Tagging Tools plugin.

Using the updated dll I ran a backup and it created a 60mb file called phred=Baseline.bbl. I opened in in Notepad++ and found lots of characters that look like little rectangles but when copied and pasted into a next text doc show as question marks. I certainly haven't looked at every track, but it appears that this character is in every set of lyrics I've looked at.  From what you've said, I'm assuming this is the character that's corrupting the backup file. There's just no way I'm going to edit the lyrics of 15,000+ tracks.

Here's a screenshot of one set of lyrics...

I do have one other question regarding the ASR Presets - I extracted the zip file to my Plugins folder. The result was the four language folders and the ASR Presets folder, along with the png and dll. But after enabling and configuring the plugin, there's now a second ASR Presents folder in my AppData folder. Should there be two? And if not, which one should be deleted?

Thanks for all your help on this. At least the Additional Tagging Tools (still) work fine for me.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

nothing was changed significantly. try to close mb and delete <appdata>\mb_tagtools.settings.xml

redwing

Doesn't work for me either. When trying to enable it, keep getting this message:

boroda

I think it's time for me to stop trying to use the Tag Backup feature of the Advanced Tagging Tools plugin.
its up to you, but could you try this version (this version tries to escape all illegal xml chars, its very funny that standard .net xml serializer/deserializer can write files, which it cant read)?

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lwm2u2b6ldum6nq/mb_TagTools_2016-10-06.zip

I do have one other question regarding the ASR Presets - I extracted the zip file to my Plugins folder. The result was the four language folders and the ASR Presets folder, along with the png and dll. But after enabling and configuring the plugin, there's now a second ASR Presents folder in my AppData folder. Should there be two? And if not, which one should be deleted?
its because installation instructions to copy 'asr presets' folder to <appdata> folder would be too complicated. 'asr presets' folder in 'plugins' folder is used only for importing presets and is not needed for plugin functionality.

phred

• Global Moderator
its up to you, but could you try this version (this version tries to escape all illegal xml chars, its very funny that standard .net xml serializer/deserializer can write files, which it cant read)?
To be honest, I'd rather have it working, but not at the expense of trying to edit that character out of all my tracks. As for .net writing but not reading I consider that Microsoft being Microsoft. :-)

I'll test today's version in a couple of hours and report back.

Quote from: phred date=1475707460 link=topic=3833.msg
118527#msg118527
its because installation instructions to copy 'asr presets' folder to <appdata> folder would be too complicated. 'asr presets' folder in 'plugins' folder is used only for importing presets and is not needed for plugin functionality.
[/quote]
Ahhh - very clever.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

redwing

Found a workaround to avoid the error.

- Install the last working version (mb_TagTools_2016-10-04.zip) and enable it to create <AppData>\mb_TagTools.Settings.xml file.
- Without deleting the settings file, overwrite the dll file only with the latest version.

nothing was changed significantly. try to close mb and delete <appdata>\mb_tagtools.settings.xml

Must have been some changes in the code since the 10-05 version that interferes with the initializing process. It creates a zero-byte settings file.

redwing

one baseline backup for every library and further incremental backups

Tried this (with 10-06 version) and indeed it now creates incremental backups, saving space considerably. Here are some issues.

- Track tag history is not working. It shows current tags only without showing any tags from the backup files.
- When creating a backup, it always pause at "99%" for a long time. First I thought it crashed but it finally worked. So probably it was comparing tags to write changed tags only. How about changing the message not to give a false impression?
- Restoring worked fine. But it was much slower than before. Hope you could speed up the backup and restore process.

phred

• Global Moderator

PROGRESS!!!  But still not working as I expected it to.  Full backup of all track tags was completed. And I can restore without getting the 'corrupted xml' error message. The size of yesterday's baseline was about 60mb and today's is about 90mb. I looked at the baseline file with Notepad++ and see why the increase in file size. Lots of data between each word in the lyrics and in other places. But I assume this is due to the change you made to have it ignore the characters previously written that caused it to be corrupt.

After the manual (full) backup was complete I set the auto-backup to run every thirty minutes. It runs, and the status bar shows that it completed, but I can't find the new backup even though it's set to go in the same directory as the first one. I believe this is what redwing is referring to in his first item in this thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18426.msg118558#msg118558
I also experienced the second item he mentioned - seemingly stuck at 99% during the auto-backup. But not during the initial one. I also confirm redwing's third item, but I attribute that to the 18,000+ tracks I have.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

boroda

But still not working as I expected it to.  Full backup of all track tags was completed. And I can restore without getting the 'corrupted xml' error message. The size of yesterday's baseline was about 60mb and today's is about 90mb. I looked at the baseline file with Notepad++ and see why the increase in file size. Lots of data between each word in the lyrics and in other places. But I assume this is due to the change you made to have it ignore the characters previously written that caused it to be corrupt.
i'm not sure what i can do with it. trying to escape all illegal xml chars manually would be too complicated and using standard "escaper" produces very long strings,

phred

• Global Moderator
i'm not sure what i can do with it. trying to escape all illegal xml chars manually would be too complicated and using standard "escaper" produces very long strings,
That's fine. I can live with the file that way it's being generated now. Hell, drive space is fairly cheap these days. :-)

After the manual (full) backup was complete I set the auto-backup to run every thirty minutes. It runs, and the status bar shows that it completed, but I can't find the new backup even though it's set to go in the same directory as the first one. I believe this is what redwing is referring to in his first item in this thread: http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18426.msg118558#msg118558
I also experienced the second item he mentioned - seemingly stuck at 99% during the auto-backup. But not during the initial one. I also confirm redwing's third item, but I attribute that to the 18,000+ tracks I have.
It's these items I'm still concerned about. Especially the auto-backup seemingly running, but not being saved anyplace.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

Steven

• Administrator
@boroda74, have you considered using a binary stream writer rather than xml?
i expect it would be faster as well

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda74- a couple of weeks ago I asked if you could make the windows persistent in their location and you did. But over the past few versions, it stopped. The behavior now is that all Additional Tagging Tools windows open towards the top left of the screen. I have to drag them to where I want each time I open one. Please make them persistent again. Many thanks.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki