Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 929710 times)

boroda

new version:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u54dezp824bv8bq/mb_TagTools_2016-10-04.zip

- now autobackups will be skipped if no changes in tags and/or library content were made since last manual or auto backup.
- now both 'autodelete' options will delete only autobackups of current library.

boroda

But the tag selection window now looks too complicated. How about sorting tags grouped by its kind?

<Standard tags>
Album
Artist
<Custom tags>
Custom1
Custom2
<Virtual tags>
Virtual1
Virtual2
<File properties>
Bitrate

Also allow to tick not just each tag but each kind to multi-select all tags belonging to the ticked kind.
though not what you have asked, but i've added 10 tag sets to this command. hope it can be used more easily now:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u54dezp824bv8bq/mb_TagTools_2016-10-04.zip

boroda

Second is when I select a track and right-click > Advanced Tagging Tools > Track tag history, this  error gets thrown:
Code
MusicBee v3.0.6119.39237 (Win6.1), 3 Oct 2016 16:48:

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
   at MusicBeePlugin.TagHistoryPlugin..ctor(Plugin tagToolsPluginParam, String[] trackUrlsParam, String[] trackIdsParam)
   at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.tagHistoryEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
suggest that you haven't unzipped 'missing artwork.png' to 'plugins' folder.

boroda

@boroda74-
I've still experiencing trouble with the tag backup option. This is with the 2016-10-03-3 version.

First thing is that after creating a backup and attempting to restore the tags of one track, I get a "Tag Backup 2016-10-03 x.x.x is corrupted or is not a valid MusicBee backup" error. I have created the backup three times today and each resulted in the same error when I try to restore.
i don't have any problems with restoring. try to close mb, the delete 'mb_tagtools.settings.xml' file and 'tag backups' folder in <appdata> folder.

Sofocl

can you edit its tags in mb tag editor?
Yes, it's ratings, and they are stored in the database only MB. Tags  "Play count" also do not work.
Sorry for my bad English.

redwing

- I'm gonna test auto-organization rule changes and "remap music folder" to a different drive to see if it can restore previous backups before re-organization. Any things I should know before?
i think, nothing special.

All worked fine during tests.

- now autobackups will be skipped if no changes in tags and/or library content were made since last manual or auto backup.

Working fine. How about showing "Tag autobackup skipped" message briefly on the status bar when it's skipped?

redwing

Backup and restore tag feature is working great so far, but one aspect is different from what I expected.

I thought when it runs backup first time it would create a master db file with all tag values and then create each backup file only with changed tag values.

But currently it creates a complete tag db every time. For my test I used only 400 tracks, but each backup file amounts to 1.2 MB. This would make people with a huge library hesitate to use this feature frequently, not to mention auto-backup feature.

If it worked as I suggested the only downside would be a restore needs a backup file plus the master db file, but the advantages in sizes could be much greater. What do you think?

redwing

But the tag selection window now looks too complicated. How about sorting tags grouped by its kind?

<Standard tags>
Album
Artist
<Custom tags>
Custom1
Custom2
<Virtual tags>
Virtual1
Virtual2
<File properties>
Bitrate

Also allow to tick not just each tag but each kind to multi-select all tags belonging to the ticked kind.
though not what you have asked, but i've added 10 tag sets to this command. hope it can be used more easily now:

Thanks! That's a useful addition!

But I'd still insist on grouping tags per kind since many users won't know which ones are tags or properties and I am confused too at which tag is standard, custom or virtual tag with all customized names. Also please make virtual tags and file properties unselected by default for copy tags to clipboard window.

phred

• Global Moderator
@boroda74-
I've still experiencing trouble with the tag backup option. This is with the 2016-10-03-3 version.

First thing is that after creating a backup and attempting to restore the tags of one track, I get a "Tag Backup 2016-10-03 x.x.x is corrupted or is not a valid MusicBee backup" error. I have created the backup three times today and each resulted in the same error when I try to restore.
i don't have any problems with restoring. try to close mb, the delete 'mb_tagtools.settings.xml' file and 'tag backups' folder in <appdata> folder.
I have removed mb_tagtools.setting.xml along wtih the tag backups folder. I then installed TagTools 2016-10-04 and ran 'backup tags for all tracks.' When I try to restore tags to one track either via the ToolBar drop-down or a right-click on track tag history, I still get the corrupted xml error message.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

phred, can you post the link to this backup (note that backup consists of 2 files: .xml and .mbc)?

boroda

But I'd still insist on grouping tags per kind since many users won't know which ones are tags or properties and I am confused too at which tag is standard, custom or virtual tag with all customized names. Also please make virtual tags and file properties unselected by default for copy tags to clipboard window.
i think this approach is sufficient:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/q3vnfme659snkk4/mb_TagTools_2016-10-05.zip

phred

• Global Moderator
phred, can you post the link to this backup (note that backup consists of 2 files: .xml and .mbc)?
boroda74 -PM sent with link.
Great minds think alike. I was going to suggest that you take a look at the files, but you beat me to it. Note that the backup I sent is not the one in the screenshot. In an attempt to solve the issue I changed settings, moved the backup directory, and did some other things. But the backup is still throwing the same error.
Thanks for trying to get this going.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

unfortunately baseline backup files (*.bbl) always are stored in autobackup folder. but incremental backups can saved/moved to any folder.

Sofocl

mb_TagTools_2016-10-05-2.zip
Unable to initialise this plugin:
Адресат вызова создал исключение.
Sorry for my bad English.