Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 932082 times)

redwing

master index will be reduced if you (auto)delete old backups.

It just stays with the same (biggest) size even if all backups are deleted.

redwing

"Copy tags to clipboard" command window now contains virtual tags and file properties as well. Can you remove them?

Edit: Never mind. I can see that could be useful just for exporting those values without pasting to another file. Even if they are selected, they won't be pasted to other files, right?
Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 06:35:10 PM by redwing

phred

• Global Moderator
    new plugin version is available:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/61lk6be8a7ck25k/mb_TagTools_2016-10-02.zip
    • New "Backup & Restore" functionality is added.
    Maybe I'm using the new 'backup & restore' function incorrectly but it doesn't do what I'm expecting it to.
    Using today's plugin .dll and MB 3.0.6118 I performed a backup of all tracks. I then went to one track and deleted the comments. Then I used the 'restore tags for selected tracks' option and an error was thrown. I manually restored the comments and deleted the album name and again tried to restore. And again an error was thrown.
    [/list]
    Code
    10/2/2016 6:38:09 PM - 6.1.7601.65536 - 3.0.6118.39208 - System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
       at MusicBeePlugin.BackupIndexDictionary.loadBackupAsync(Object parameters)
       at MusicBee.Plugin.#=qq8unhGCJB9SClRVZR5gNmygFqueSbCHuuBEa3Z$$56c=(Object #=q3lUtIUSd9g6WUEwABBRV_w==)

10/2/2016 6:40:28 PM - 6.1.7601.65536 - 3.0.6118.39208 - System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
       at MusicBeePlugin.BackupIndexDictionary.loadBackupAsync(Object parameters)
       at MusicBee.Plugin.#=qq8unhGCJB9SClRVZR5gNmygFqueSbCHuuBEa3Z$$56c=(Object #=q3lUtIUSd9g6WUEwABBRV_w==)
    Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
    Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
    The FAQ
    The Wiki
    Posting screenshots is here
    Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

Does "Restore tags for all tracks" or "Restore tags for selected tracks" work for you? I always get this error:
    its fixed.

OK. Then how about showing backup files from newer to older order since "library" (current) is placed leftmost?
    i'm really surprised that it doesn't work this way already. its fixed also.

i'll recheck this.

--------------

new version:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1vofq1g4whvjatc/mb_TagTools_2016-10-03.zip

redwing

Thanks! Working much better.

- What's the purpose of "Rename or move backups" command? Would it be a good idea to allow the user to move "some" backup files to different folders? Then master index file stays in the same location? Also there's "Move backups" command which overlaps with the previous command.

- Noticed "Restore tags for all tracks" command rewrites every file in the library, taking lots of time. Would it be possible for it to rewrite only files with changed tags?

boroda

Preferences/Plugin/configure setting doesn't change menu location. It always revert back to the first option.
    its fixed.

"Copy tags to clipboard" command window now contains virtual tags and file properties as well. Can you remove them?

Edit: Never mind. I can see that could be useful just for exporting those values without pasting to another file. Even if they are selected, they won't be pasted to other files, right?
    yes, that's why i've added read-only (in mb) tags to this command.

Maybe I'm using the new 'backup & restore' function incorrectly but it doesn't do what I'm expecting it to.
    Using today's plugin .dll and MB 3.0.6118 I performed a backup of all tracks. I then went to one track and deleted the comments. Then I used the 'restore tags for selected tracks' option and an error was thrown. I manually restored the comments and deleted the album name and again tried to restore. And again an error was thrown.
    its fixed.

---------------------

http://www.mediafire.com/file/roh9s4o64kb03rq/mb_TagTools_2016-10-03-2.zip

boroda

- What's the purpose of "Rename or move backups" command? Would it be a good idea to allow the user to move "some" backup files to different folders? Then master index file stays in the same location? Also there's "Move backups" command which overlaps with the previous command.
    1st command allows to -rename- (or move) single backup, 2nd allows to -move- multiple backups. yes, there is some overlapping, but i can't find better solution. master index file is always stored in autobackup directory.

- Noticed "Restore tags for all tracks" command rewrites every file in the library, taking lots of time. Would it be possible for it to rewrite only files with changed tags?
    i'm not sure if reading existing tags and comparing them to backuped tags will be faster than just overwriting all tags, i need to experiment first.

----------------

new plugin version:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/roh9s4o64kb03rq/mb_TagTools_2016-10-03-2.zip

redwing

i'm not sure if reading existing tags and comparing them to backuped tags will be faster than just overwriting all tags, i need to experiment first.

Not just time. Many people don't like their music files rewritten unless they have to.

redwing

yes, that's why i've added read-only (in mb) tags to this command.

But the tag selection window now looks too complicated. How about sorting tags grouped by its kind?

<Standard tags>
    Album
    Artist
    <Custom tags>
    Custom1
    Custom2
    <Virtual tags>
    Virtual1
    Virtual2
    <File properties>
    Bitrate

Also allow to tick not just each tag but each kind to multi-select all tags belonging to the ticked kind.

boroda

master index will be reduced if you (auto)delete old backups.

yes, you are right. its fixed now.

its done.

also some speed enhancements for 'tag history' command.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/53cgkru10l9y8q4/mb_TagTools_2016-10-03-3.zip

redwing

Thanks, both issues are fixed!

- Which files are covered by tag backup feature? Of course all files in the music library. What about files in other nodes (audiobooks, videos, podcasts, inbox)?

- I'm gonna test auto-organization rule changes and "remap music folder" to a different drive to see if it can restore previous backups before re-organization. Any things I should know before?

phred

• Global Moderator
    @boroda74-
    I've still experiencing trouble with the tag backup option. This is with the 2016-10-03-3 version.

First thing is that after creating a backup and attempting to restore the tags of one track, I get a "Tag Backup 2016-10-03 x.x.x is corrupted or is not a valid MusicBee backup" error. I have created the backup three times today and each resulted in the same error when I try to restore.

Second is when I select a track and right-click > Advanced Tagging Tools > Track tag history, this  error gets thrown:
    Code
    MusicBee v3.0.6119.39237 (Win6.1), 3 Oct 2016 16:48:

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
       at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
       at MusicBeePlugin.TagHistoryPlugin..ctor(Plugin tagToolsPluginParam, String[] trackUrlsParam, String[] trackIdsParam)
       at MusicBeePlugin.Plugin.tagHistoryEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
    Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
    The FAQ
    The Wiki
    Posting screenshots is here
    Searching the forum with Google is  here

Sofocl

boroda74 I greet!
    "Backup & Restore" does not work with ".cue" files!(?)
    Sorry for my bad English.

boroda

- Which files are covered by tag backup feature? Of course all files in the music library. What about files in other nodes (audiobooks, videos, podcasts, inbox)?
    all files except for those in inbox.

- I'm gonna test auto-organization rule changes and "remap music folder" to a different drive to see if it can restore previous backups before re-organization. Any things I should know before?
    i think, nothing special.

boroda

boroda74 I greet!
    "Backup & Restore" does not work with ".cue" files!(?)
    plugin is using generic api call to read/write tags. i don't have any cue file. can you edit its tags in mb tag editor?