Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917582 times)

Steve Duncan

Hi there,
Psychoadept told me that I might be able to get some help if I post here.
I always seem to post in the wrong area of the forum.
What the problem is is with Additional tagging & reporting tools.
Yesterday, I used the "Swap Tag" function and then minimized it and it went into the left hand corner of my screen.
Today, when I went into the function, it showed up, but only a tiny box in the left side corner.
Furthermore, the "Maximize" button is blacked out and isn't active even when I press the little wrench icon to the left of it.
So basically, I can't use this function.
I have done a system restore and have downloaded the latest patch, bu it still doesn't work.
Anyone who could help, I would be really appreciative to!

(P.S. - I went to the thread under the same name that I used, but there was no box for me to leave a new comment.  So I had no choice but to go this route.)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
(P.S. - I went to the thread under the same name that I used, but there was no box for me to leave a new comment.  So I had no choice but to go this route.)

I merged your post into the original thread.  Do you see the Reply button under the last post?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steve Duncan

Yes, thank you very much psychoadept.  It is there now, but wasn't when I first looked.
Appreciate it!

Steve Duncan

Hi psychoadept?
I managed to fix that problem I had with the "Swapping" function, but guess what?
It seems as soon as I did, something else happened.
I went to the "Advanced Search & Replace" box, and you know where there is the button which asks you if you want to import presets?  Well, now IT doesn't work.
I press "Yes" and then get a message that "No presets were imported."
Again, this never happened to me before.  It used to load about 82 presets, but now - nothing.
Any ideas at all?
Thank you.  :/

boroda

Steve, it seems that you removed 'asr presets' folder from 'plugins' folder. maybe its easier for you just to reinstall plugin?

theta_wave

Hi psychoadept?
I managed to fix that problem I had with the "Swapping" function, but guess what?
It seems as soon as I did, something else happened.
I went to the "Advanced Search & Replace" box, and you know where there is the button which asks you if you want to import presets?  Well, now IT doesn't work.
I press "Yes" and then get a message that "No presets were imported."
Again, this never happened to me before.  It used to load about 82 presets, but now - nothing.
Any ideas at all?
Thank you.  :/
You did something.  Like Boroda said reinstall the plugin and if it still fails, try this: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Additional_Tagging_and_Reporting_Tools#Advanced_Search_and_Replace_presets_are_not_displayed

Steve Duncan

Thank you boroda 74 & ssri.
I did as you suggested, and now it is working normally as usual!  YAY!
Let's keep our fingers crossed that it stays that way!
Thank you both and you, psychoadept, for helping me with this problem!
Cheers!
Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:16:42 PM by Steve Duncan

boroda

latest plugin source code (again mostly for backup purposes):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/6j5i5o705jcb6uc/TagTools_2016-09-20_02-38-06.rar

backup/restore code is completed except for 3 lines of code (now i need to wait when persistent track ids are supported by mb).

its compiled plugin beta, just if some curious how it looks now. beta seems to be stable, but DON'T use it on a real library. also backup/restore supports libraries with one track only at the moment:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c139z836cud2c4u/mb_TagTools_2016-09-20-beta.zip

euanek

Hey all:

I've searched this thread and didn't find an answer to this question, but if I missed something and this question is redundant, please let me know.

My question is: is there a way to append a text phrase to the "comments" field? It seems like the "copy tag" tool can append data, but I don't want to copy a tag. I want to, for example, append the text "Mix 1" to all the files I have selected, and I'd like to do so without having to first tag them somewhere as "Mix 1".

Thanks!

x

boroda

i never intended to make this feature, but might try 'copy' to the same tag. if its not possible try to search appropriate asr preset.

theta_wave

Hey all:

I've searched this thread and didn't find an answer to this question, but if I missed something and this question is redundant, please let me know.

My question is: is there a way to append a text phrase to the "comments" field? It seems like the "copy tag" tool can append data, but I don't want to copy a tag. I want to, for example, append the text "Mix 1" to all the files I have selected, and I'd like to do so without having to first tag them somewhere as "Mix 1".

Thanks!

x
Try the following below.  It will result in <Comment> foo > <Comment> foo Mix 1

It will even work in <Comment> with multiple lines, i.e.

foo 1                        foo 1

foo 2           >           foo 2

foo 3                        foo 3 Mix 1

1) Create new Preset (add name and description)
2) Under the preset editor, for "Step 1"
    Search for:
Code
\Z
   Replace with:
Code: "notice the space at the beginning"
 Mix 1
3) Set the tags to <Comment>
4) Press OK
5) Go back to MB and select a few files you want to edit
6) Select the new present
7) Preview
8) Apply and check tags
9) If happy, save all & close
NOTA BENE: Do not check the preset because if you do, it will run the preset on every file you select.  So, leave it unchecked.

^EDIT NOTE: In the screenshot, " foo" under Replace with: should be " Mix 1" (w/o quotes) to coincide with the above instructions
Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 02:56:34 AM by ssri

theta_wave

Hey Boroda,

Is it possible to assign a preset to a hotkey?

I miss that ability in Mediamonkey's add-on "RegExp Find and Replace"

For example, I have it in Mediamonkey where if I want to label a track from the 80s by adding\appending "80s" to a custom tag field, I press CTRL+ALT+8 (a hotkey I assigned to that particular preset).

boroda

Hey Boroda,

Is it possible to assign a preset to a hotkey?
its not very straightforward, but i think, yes, its possible. i'll try to experiment first.

euanek

Hey all:

Thanks!

x
Try the following below.  It will result in <Comment> foo > <Comment> foo Mix 1

It will even work in <Comment> with multiple lines, i.e.

foo 1                        foo 1

foo 2           >           foo 2

foo 3                        foo 3 Mix 1

1) Create new Preset (add name and description)
2) Under the preset editor, for "Step 1"
    Search for:
Code
\Z
    Replace with:
Code: "notice the space at the beginning"
 Mix 1
3) Set the tags to <Comment>
4) Press OK
5) Go back to MB and select a few files you want to edit
6) Select the new present
7) Preview
8) Apply and check tags
9) If happy, save all & close
NOTA BENE: Do not check the preset because if you do, it will run the preset on every file you select.  So, leave it unchecked.

THANKS!!! ssri -- that works perfectly!

theta_wave

Try the following below.  It will result in <Comment> foo > <Comment> foo Mix 1

It will even work in <Comment> with multiple lines

THANKS!!! ssri -- that works perfectly!
I'm glad to hear that it works.  Sorry about the screenshot.  I just realized that the entry " foo" under Replace with: should have been " Mix 1".  I'm glad that it didn't throw you off.