Author Topic: Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools  (Read 917140 times)

WimYogya

Does ASR have a preset to remove a desired number of characters from a field, e.g. 'remove the first x characters from the beginning of field 1'?
If not, is there a way to do that?
WimYogya
retired Dutchman (1944) in Yogyakarta, Indonesia

boroda

The new split preset does not change anything.
PERHAPS the cause of the trouble is the following: the beginning of the splitter text box is invisible (in my view at least) because the preceding label is a bit too long: it covers the first 1 or 2 spaces of the text box.
Please check if this makes sense...
Thanks,
Wim
place it to 'musicbee\plugins' folder and retype needed custom text from scratch. but i'm doubtful that this will help.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ehgjhi4c8jtdwm9/mb_TagTools.dll

boroda

This is the newly modified * version. It has a strange unknown character as default. What is it and why?
its just a slash (partially obscured). i had a computer crash and loosed half of tag tools project (i mean current plugin version which is not released yet). i need to rewrite all missing code, after that i could adjust ui (though i don't have this glitch on my pc).

boroda

Does ASR have a preset to remove a desired number of characters from a field, e.g. 'remove the first x characters from the beginning of field 1'?
If not, is there a way to do that?
there are 2 'remove leading zeros...' presets, but that's not exactly what you asked. do you want to remove given number of digits or leave given number of digits (removing all before these digits)? digits or zeros?

WimYogya

its just a slash (partially obscured). i had a computer crash and loosed half of tag tools project (i mean current plugin version which is not released yet). i need to rewrite all missing code, after that i could adjust ui (though i don't have this glitch on my pc).
[/quote]

Sorry to hear you lost so much work. No backup available?? Take your time with UI adjustments, I just keep reporting/asking - it is up to you to see if things are urgent/essential and if/when you have time to change/update features.
See for instance my next reply...
WimYogya

WimYogya

there are 2 'remove leading zeros...' presets, but that's not exactly what you asked. do you want to remove given number of digits or leave given number of digits (removing all before these digits)? digits or zeros?
[/quote]

No, I am not referring to the specific removal of zeros, not even of digits, but of ANY type of character in a field. Sometimes people spread music files with ridiculous and confusing tags - then it can be useful if you just can remove 7 or 15 or 31 characters from the beginning or the end of a field, to keep the 'correct info'.
Although I did not mean it, the option to 'keep a certain number of characters' or a specific text string could perhaps be useful for others.

PS
Sorry for not using the /quote format correctly - don't really know how I have to start and finish the /quote...
Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 12:21:39 PM by WimYogya
WimYogya

boroda

http://www.mediafire.com/download/khv0t42am7d2k22/ASR_Presets.rar

unrar to 'musicbee\plugins' folder, then 'import all' presets. you need preset 'remove given number of characters...'.

WimYogya

@boroda
Have to thank you LOTS for your speedy and effective cooperation:
1. The split problem seems to be solved. As I already assumed the custom text LABEL made the first space (with the default character - ) invisible, so every new character in the box created a mismatch. Now OK., after replacing the .dll there is more space between the label and the text box.
2. The 'remove a given number of characters' works!

A (new?) thing for the long term, when you improve the UI:
In the list of presets the text lines are too tight above one another. The result is that the letters like p q h 'loose' their 'stick' which makes reading a little more difficult. Add some space.

Again: thanks!
Success with your restoration ;-)
WimYogya

boroda

In the list of presets the text lines are too tight above one another. The result is that the letters like p q h 'loose' their 'stick' which makes reading a little more difficult. Add some space.
this list is a native .net control. i'll check its possible configuration, but hardly its possible to extend space between lines. don't want to write my own control for this.

WimYogya

In the Change Case drop down list I have a multitude of 'smaller' or 'special' words that I want to include or exclude in my options.
My default case format is the Toggle View, but with exceptions.
Since I want to specify those exceptions per language or per 'special category' I made several lines.
Example:
ENGLISH: at am on of for from in it etc...
FRENCH: un une unes le la les etc...
(similar for GERMAN, SPANISH, ITALIAN, DUTCH)
ABBREVIATIONS: 10CC UB40 OMD O.M.D. U.S.A. USA etc.

And now my problem:
(example)
If I add a new word to the ENGLISH list, I suddenly have TWO English lists, with only 1 word as a difference.
How can I avoid that?
I like to have just ONE list/line per language/category.

Thanks,
Wim
WimYogya

boroda

i guess ui will be very cluttered if i add some sophisticated 'organizing' capabilities. only 10 (as far as i remember) last exceptions are stored, so old exceptions will be off the list over time. alternatively i can sort that list in most recently used order (if its not the case right now, don't remember).

WimYogya

@boroda:
If it's not possible: pity but no problem.
Is there no way to manually remove the unnecessary word lists, and just keep the updated versions?
WimYogya

boroda

i think i'll just add 'remove' button next to exception field, which will remove currently entered in the field word list from exception history (if there is any match in the history), so you can just select not needed exception in the history and immediately remove it.

WimYogya

I think that would be a GREAT solution and improvement for me. Thanks for doing it, but don't hurry, take your time. Nothing urgent.
And when done, please let me know. Thanks,
Wim
WimYogya

dylstew

It works with a simple html and text file, but if I export it as an html document, I get this error (sorry, it's dutch):

''MusicBee v3.0.5995.40050 (Win6.1), 10 jul 2016 17:02:

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Kan een gedeelte van het pad F:\Program Files (x86)\MusicBee\Plugins\Artists.files\t.files\stylesheet.css niet vinden.
   bij System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   bij System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   bij System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
   bij System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode)
   bij MusicBeePlugin.HtmlDocument.writeHeader()
   bij MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.exportTrackList()
   bij MusicBeePlugin.LibraryReportsPlugin.buttonOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bij System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)''

The main error means ''Can't find part of path'', and then it can't find stylesheet.css.